Is there gonna be a new trailer? Because gosh I sure love those trailers.

On 5/25/2018 at 7:15 PM, brendonsmall said:

I love these motion graphics. Is there a generator of sorts to make arbitrary custom versions of this?

Actually, this was done frame by frame in photoshop for my game from Wizard Jam 1. It would be awesome if there were a generator, especially one that rendered it in the GBA style. 

Here's a handy tweet, if you want to try doing this by hacking a GBA bios and running it in an emulator. :tup:

On 28.5.2018 at 1:31 PM, SgtWhistlebotom said:

WI7ARD JAM

wjAnim.gif.2e6bd9d0d57122e2a9024a120e2d93ca.gif

I'm doing a WJ logo jam apparently.

:tup: Fittingly, it has kind of a magic trick feel to it.

Hey all,

If you're making a Unity game, I've bundled the splash screen into a self-contained "Splash Screen" scene and asset package that you can add to your projects if you want.

Wi7ardJamLogo.zip

Also posted the source on github if you want to clone/download that way: https://github.com/whilefun/FreeUnityScripts/tree/master/WizardJamLogo

EDIT:

Oh hey, I noticed some people are using Game Maker, so here's a Game Maker version (for both Classic 8.1 and GM Studio 1.4).

Note: It's not identical to the Unity version, but it's close enough :)

wi7ardJamLogo_GM.zip

Edited by brendonsmall
Added Game Maker zip, too

3 hours ago, brendonsmall said:

Hey all,

If you're making a Unity game, I've bundled the splash screen into a self-contained "Splash Screen" scene and asset package that you can add to your projects if you want.

Wi7ardJamLogo.zip

Also posted the source on github if you want to clone/download that way: https://github.com/whilefun/FreeUnityScripts/tree/master/WizardJamLogo

Awesome! Now I have my first scene!

3 hours ago, brendonsmall said:

Hey all,

Wi7ardJamLogo.zip

Oh cool, nice job. 

Yesss, glad I didn't miss this one. Very excited to participate again.

Total newb to Idle Thumbs. This will be my first game jam and the first time I'll try to build a game from scratch. I've built a few things from tutorials in courses I'm taking, but well, this promises to be different. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes and following along. I'll be using Unity.

3 hours ago, Godzilla Blitz said:

Total newb to Idle Thumbs. This will be my first game jam and the first time I'll try to build a game from scratch. I've built a few things from tutorials in courses I'm taking, but well, this promises to be different. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes and following along. I'll be using Unity.

Welcome!

4 hours ago, Godzilla Blitz said:

This is great. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

11 hours ago, Godzilla Blitz said:

Thanks. Pretty excited about this!

Also, get on slack and join the #wizardjam channel for live conversations and gif overloads during the jam!

4 hours ago, Travis said:

Also, get on slack and join the #wizardjam channel for live conversations and gif overloads during the jam!

Will do! I've requested an invitation. Thanks.