This Unravel game looks gorgeous:

That Gopher!!!!!!! 

This came out of fucking no where! Awesome!

For anyone who wasn't watching it live, the end of this trailer immediately cut to someone in a Garden Warfare 2 zombie mascot costume dancing to "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins. It was the highlight of the show.

Please find this for me!

Am I the only one that's expecting Unravel to be a mediocre platformer that people will forget about in a couple of years, like Limbo?

Edit: the Thumb War has begun in earnest:

he0tKeJ.png

Please find this for me!

In case the timestamp is lost, go to 22:20.

Am I the only one that's expecting Unravel to be a mediocre platformer that people will forget about in a couple of years, like Limbo?

I wish I wasn't, but yeah.  There are no shortage of stylish platformers that excel in these regards while failing to engage meaningfully in the gameplay.  That exact thing was why I was really cautious around Ori and the Blind Forest.  Of course, that game didn't turn out to be that at all, but I'm still concerned at what I've seen.

Someone needs to reopen this thread now, or *kickstart* a new one.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/3092-shenmue-3/

Holy shit I really can't believe what I saw today morning. It definitely was worth it to wake up at 3:30 without an alarm clock. My body was ready, but my mind definitely wasn't.

The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, Horizon something, Firewatch and No Man's Sky. That was an amazing E3 event. All the rest in the event was just filler crap for me.

MS had Tacoma, Cuphead, Rare collection and the backwards compatibility, all else there was filler for me.

Now Nintendo, top Sony's one and my mind will be completely blown.

Why do you think that though? Also I think a lot of people would argue with you about Limbo, although it's definitely not a game I loved in that genre.

In case the timestamp is lost, go to 22:20.

Brilliant! :lol: Thank you so much.

I had to watch / listen to Ubisoft and Sony while at work but my impressions boil down to:

Ubisoft: What the hell is going on and oh I guess they're making good on that Annual Creed thing.

Sony: MIC DROPPING ALL OVER

Playstation at E3 2015: "We may have some games for you to play in 2016...but they look really cool!"

Microsoft had some nice colourful variety, Gears of Bore notwithstanding. Seriously, that thing was waaaaay too dark. Backwards compatibility for Xbox is a boon...but other than Cuphead there's nothing else that makes me want One, besides Rare games I already own. Hololens looks like a great tech demo but beyond that who knows...*googles Cuphead*...

IT'S COMING OUT ON STEEEEEEEEAM!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!!!

Seriously thought it was Xbone-only. I am extremely happy  :rolleyes:

Well, now I'm not even torn. The Rare compilation looked great, but I already own all those games and with all the Retron-style HD retro solutions (eurgh, I just said 'solutions'...) coming out or being developed, it'll soon be easier than ever to play all those on modern screens their original carts and controllers. In fact, 360 games are the real draw after I sold my old Elite years back (kept the games though). How much is a brand new 360 these days? That'd be the best option for me (or they could let me play them on PC - now THAT would get me to upgrade to Windows 10).

Did I mention I'm extremely pleased that Cuphead's coming to Steam?

Sony had a great conference. Everything looked solid at the very least (Uncharted 4, Black Ops, Star Wars, etc.) FF7 means nothing to me, but Last Guardian looked pleasingly real and Shenmue 3 was more a pipedream than Half-Life 3! Kudos. If they gave me backwards compatibility with my PS3 digital games I'd be actively searching for PS4 deals. Until then (or late 2016), I'm good.

Nintendo can't beat Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian. But Starfox coupled with a Metroid or an F-Zero would be respectable. A new Retro Studio DK ain't gonna cut the mustard. It's time for the bigguns, Timmy. And I'm calling Mother 3 to be announced later in the year (Xmas '15).

Guess it's time to dig out the Dreamcast and get on Shenmue 2, then.

First half hour of Nintendo: Mario Maker. Second half hour: Amiibo.

I couldn't help but notice that the lady presenting Mirror's Edge got more applause than the actual game did. Come on people.

Limbo was mediocre?!

Ubisoft WTF?

TRIPLE RAINBOW CAT UNICORN LIKE A BOSS BACON ATHEISM SUBSCRIBE YOLO

It sounds like Sony really blew the doors off this thing last night, albeit with shit I almost entirely don't care about?

Sony had a fair few things that looked cool, with the catch being almost none of them are out this year.

Sony had a fair few things that looked cool, with the catch being almost none of them are out this year.

Hasn't that been the theme of E3 forever?

ONE TWO THREE FOUR

I DECLARE A THUMB WAR

IT HAS BEGUN!

:tup: vs  :tdown:

I just got caught up on all the news from last night.  Hooooooooooly shit, all the way around.  I got chills during the FF7 trailer.  Like, how the fuck did that happened.  I stopped caring about Final Fantasy more than a decade ago.

Just finished the Sony briefing. Uncharted 4 looks unbelievable. That car chase melted my mind

Naughty dog must be staffed by time travellers, it's the only explanation

They seem to be depending on impressions of the Morpheus from the floor demo.

I wonder if there are any other things the VR makers can say about VR besides price and solid date.

I do want to know if you can make Steam VR games in Unity though.

Just finished the Sony briefing. Uncharted 4 looks unbelievable. That car chase melted my mind

Naughty dog must be staffed by time travellers, it's the only explanation

You missed the part where it crashed and we got to watch Nathan Drake stand in place for a full minute and had to restart it.

Pretty rad otherwise.

Nintendo was honestly kinda disappointing? Star Fox was the only mainline entry in an existing series, there were no new IPs, and literally everything else they showed was eiher something we'd already seen before (Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World) or a smaller spin-off game. It's all the monkey's paw version of what I want.

also, fucking Nier 2 holy crap

It just hit me that Sony announced that they are making a VR e-sport.

Reading between the lines, Reggie basically said at the start of the Nintendo video that their are in a transition period before mobile and NX comes around so all their stuff is pretty safe and samey. They seem to be doubling down on old franchises, doing a lot of Amiibo stuff and there is a lot of similarity in their game design. For example: The clothing system they touted in the new 3DS Zelda? Both Mario Golf World Tour, and Splatoon are built on the same concept of character progress being attached to clothing. 

If the games are good, no one minds because a good Nintendo game is usually really great, but if the quality of their games isn't great over the next year, I think they will very quickly run from the fire that is Wii U, even faster than they are currently.

Which is kind of a shame. Nintendo lagging behind the past couple of years has produced some amazing games by the seat of their pants, but Nintendo with an action plan of where they are going in the future can be overconfident to the point of delusion, just as they were in the awful 2007 to 2011 years.

Twitter says there is a "PC E3 conference", what is that about and when is it?

Its the PC Gaming Show put on by PC Gamer at 5PM PDT. There hasn't been a lot of coverage from other gaming sites as its technically a "rival" doing their own show, and I'm sure they put in some work to get exclusive announcements and such that other outlets don't want to step on.