Twitter says there is a "PC E3 conference", what is that about and when is it?

At 6pm PST tonight. It's being hosted by AMD if I remember right.

Reading between the lines, Reggie basically said at the start of the Nintendo video that their are in a transition period before mobile and NX comes around so all their stuff is pretty safe and samey. They seem to be doubling down on old franchises, doing a lot of Amiibo stuff and there is a lot of similarity in their game design. For example: The clothing system they touted in the new 3DS Zelda? Both Mario Golf World Tour, and Splatoon are built on the same concept of character progress being attached to clothing. 

If the games are good, no one minds because a good Nintendo game is usually really great, but if the quality of their games isn't great over the next year, I think they will very quickly run from the fire that is Wii U, even faster than they are currently.

Which is kind of a shame. Nintendo lagging behind the past couple of years has produced some amazing games by the seat of their pants, but Nintendo with an action plan of where they are going in the future can be overconfident to the point of delusion, just as they were in the awful 2007 to 2011 years.

What was frustrating about Nintendo's presentation is that it was full of side-content to major franchises, with Yoshi's Wooly World probably being the one exception. I don't think Nintendo should fall into the annual-franchise bullshit some companies try to pull off, but they have enough major franchises that we can go at least one major franchise entry a year without any one being cluttered up. A year for Mario, a year for Metroid, a year for Zelda, and then a year to just cool off all them.

Really disappointed with the lack of info about the new Legend of Zelda they teased out last year too. That's unacceptable, from a business standpoint, and as a huge fan it's even more unacceptable.

The best piece of news out of E3 for me is that the XCOM and Dishonored sequels won't be coming out at the same time!

Nintendo can't win with some people. They can't make new stuff. they can't repeat their old franchises, and they can't rework their old franchises. These are the same people who considered Metroid Prime a travesty when it was announced.

Personally, this Metroid game makes a lot of sense. Japanese players seem to love those co-op boss-fighty experiences. (Monster Hunter, Lost Planet, etc.) 

Oh well. I like what they're doing right now. Wii U and 3DS have some awesome games, and I trust them to make more. Really confused about Yoshi's Woolly World coming out 4 months later in NA than anywhere else, though. I was excited to play that game with my girlfriend and now it seems it'll come out right after I begin to live far away :reggie:

Its the PC Gaming Show put on by PC Gamer at 5PM PDT. There hasn't been a lot of coverage from other gaming sites as its technically a "rival" doing their own show, and I'm sure they put in some work to get exclusive announcements and such that other outlets don't want to step on.

At 6pm PST tonight. It's being hosted by AMD if I remember right.

Xbox is another co-sponsor along with AMD. Which could make things slightly awkward for other outlets if anything big about Xbox console / Win10 cross-play is dropped during the conf.

Xbox is another co-sponsor along with AMD. Which could make things slightly awkward for other outlets if anything big about Xbox console / Win10 cross-play is dropped during the conf.

I'm sure other outlets will talk about noteworthy news afterwords but I don't think any other big sites will host the stream or do a liveblog. Kind of like that Metal Gear trailer Geoff Keighly had on the YouTube stream yesterday, people covered it after the fact but were pretty respectful in giving them the exclusive they earned, as far as I could see at least.

This PC Gaming show just seems kind of weird. It has AMD, Microsoft, Twitch, and even developers as "sponsors" for the event. He who pays the most gets the most airtime? Hopefully not, that would be a really weird bidding war.

A brief aside about the Ubisoft conference: holy shit, what the fuck happened with that Assassin's Creed cosplayer? Aisha Tyler is fucking sitting there asking what his deal is and he's all "oh, they just asked me to come dressed as this Jacob guy."

Like, this guy who was fucking planted there to do a bit about being a huge fan managed to immediately fuck it up so bad that it included an admission that he had been paid to be there.

A brief aside about the Ubisoft conference: holy shit, what the fuck happened with that Assassin's Creed cosplayer? Aisha Tyler is fucking sitting there asking what his deal is and he's all "oh, they just asked me to come dressed as this Jacob guy."

Like, this guy who was fucking planted there to do a bit about being a huge fan managed to immediately fuck it up so bad that it included an admission that he had been paid to be there.

They could pay someone to sit in the audience and talk to Aisha Tyler, but they couldn't plan ahead for what their meme was going to be. "Something to do with rickets?"

But it resulted in this meme, so all is forgiven

CHk8ZdRWUAA_QDg.jpg

Does anyone know if there is something like a bullet point list of all the E3 announcements? I don't even need links or exposition or even anything fancier than plaintext, just a straight rundown of all the things that have appeared in press conferences. I would love to watch all of Giant Bomb's coverage from the past two days, but I unfortunately don't have the ten or so hours to watch it all.

I feel like there's so much I've missed this year compared to the previous few years.

Does anyone know if there is something like a bullet point list of all the E3 announcements? I don't even need links or exposition or even anything fancier than plaintext, just a straight rundown of all the things that have appeared in press conferences. I would love to watch all of Giant Bomb's coverage from the past two days, but I unfortunately don't have the ten or so hours to watch it all.

I feel like there's so much I've missed this year compared to the previous few years.

Let's just make one.

- Mass Effect Andromeda

-Mirror's Edge Catalyst

-Day Z on Xbox One

-100 xbox titles backwards compatible on Xbox One

Aka, "no"

I've had pretty good luck with the Polygon X's Conference in Y minutes stuff, but they're not exhaustive coverage of all the beats from the conferences. Just 5-10 minute highlight reels.

Here is a start.

I hate slideshow websites though

The Nintendo presentation was a bit weird. I saw it last night after finding the Youtube recording that was released after the Digital Event.

Great to finally see Star Fox Zero and it was looking great. Otherwise the focus on mostly 3DS getting some slightly interesting online experiment games like the Metroid game that seems to have two Metroid online games in it.

Also Animal Crossing was there for Wii U as was expected, but it didn't look like a real Animal Crossing game, more like a board game put in Animal Crossing video game format, plus amiibo support.

Skylanders I've never cared about, but that's something for the kids then.

There was no big boom this year like previous years in Nintendo's presentation. Good that we got Xenoblade Chronicles X release date, but shame that it is in December and not earlier. Hopefully the same date is then for Europe and Americas. Really strange and a huge shame was that there was absolutely nothing about The Devil's Third aka the Tomonobu Itakagi game, also no release date for Fatal Frame 5. Both of those games should've especially have had a big presence in Nintendo's E3 in my opinion.

All in all I am a bit disappointed at this E3 in general, a lot of hot air from all around, but nothing really mind blowing except seeing Tacoma & Steve Gaynor and Firewatch on the big stage.

I was pretty disappointed by the Nintendo presentation. Star Fox and Fire Emblem (and FeXsmt) were the only interesting things.

No Zelda U was worrying. Really worrying.

Nintendo can't win with some people. They can't make new stuff. they can't repeat their old franchises, and they can't rework their old franchises. These are the same people who considered Metroid Prime a travesty when it was announced.

Personally, this Metroid game makes a lot of sense. Japanese players seem to love those co-op boss-fighty experiences. (Monster Hunter, Lost Planet, etc.) 

Oh well. I like what they're doing right now. Wii U and 3DS have some awesome games, and I trust them to make more. Really confused about Yoshi's Woolly World coming out 4 months later in NA than anywhere else, though. I was excited to play that game with my girlfriend and now it seems it'll come out right after I begin to live far away :reggie:

For me, my criticism with Nintendo is that they can't seem to strike a healthy pace for primary-entries to a series vs. all the side-content kind of games they make. I don't need Zelda every year, I don't even need it every other year. Skyward Sword came out in 2011 and all we have of the next entry is a teaser, with no new info a year after that teaser. Again, it's frustrating as a huge fan and I know the lack of a major series title is hurting their current console. I still don't want a Wii U at this point.

As for the Metroid Prime Federation game, that actually is a nice itch to scratch after the disappointment that was Other M. Hopefully next year we get news on a new legit Metroid that isn't terrible toward Samus.

I was pretty disappointed by the Nintendo presentation. Star Fox and Fire Emblem (and FeXsmt) were the only interesting things.

No Zelda U was worrying. Really worrying.

I wasn't even expecting anything about Zelda U in E3 since they openly said earlier already that they will not talk about it in E3.

The only thing about it that worries me that it's not coming out this year like originally promised and I hope they are not moving it just to the NX platform.

Miyamoto has specifically said 'chill the beans right down, peeps' and that they've got some sweet footage lined up and it's for Wii U and 'don't worry about that'. They did very specifically say It wouldn't be at E3.

Gonna watch the Nintendo presentation over lunch. They needed a real tentpole announcement and all this alliterative spinoff-colon guff looks like baby games for babies. I'm sure they'll be serviceable games but I've got Majora's Mask to play through - I don't want Triforce Legend Heroes Saga Force Power Trio Blah. I understand why there's disappointment.

At least they didn't announce another DK yet. What is Retro doing then?

Edit. And the team that did Punchout and Luigi's Mansion 2 (Next Level, I think)? If either them or Retro are working on a Metroid or F-Zero for Wii U or 3DS, thy needed I be announced. Even if there were no screens or footage. Imagine an online 3DS F-Zero. Even a GX port...

Well and then there was the Square Enix presentation trailing Nintendo's, in a partly empty theater stocked with half-bored people and this guy:

0d56ed5ed353f6fee258cc4212df2158.png

(Which was preferable to the entire rest of the presentation, which was so boring we cut it off and decided to read about the news later.)

I had somehow managed to miss that Mass Effect Andromeda was finally revealed.  Did they say anything about multiplayer?  Did a couple of searches and didn't find anything. 

I wasn't even expecting anything about Zelda U in E3 since they openly said earlier already that they will not talk about it in E3.

The only thing about it that worries me that it's not coming out this year like originally promised and I hope they are not moving it just to the NX platform.

I had no idea they said they wouldn't mention it. Haven't really been paying attention to the stuff surrounding E3, only the conferences themselves. 

That's still not a great move. I pretty much bought my WiiU for Mario Kart and Zelda. The other games I've played on it are fantastic stuff, but I want ZeldaU!