clyde

Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight 2014

On Humble Bundle: click on your account > My Library > Under Bundles: Amnesia Fortnight 2014 > Vote by clicking on the "V" symbols next to the titles.

That what I was doing before, but it kept taking me to the initial payment page without votes. Just had to click the e-mail link first, almost deleted it fully since I thought it was just an order confirmation message.

I thought 2012 I could vote on more games. I wish I could take the forced vote for Pendleton Ward and apply it to a different game, since all of his ideas are pretty self indulgent and dumb. There's so many ideas I love and I am so on board with here that this is such a hard choice. What a creative fucking studio.

I picked Jet Girl and Ghost Dog, Ether, and The White Witch's Gnome War. I really wanted Headlander but not enough votes. Also Mnemonic and Buried Metropolis seem great. Dang.

So I was curious and impatient and therefore started counting the votes made public in this very thread. I only counted votes if all three were made known and if the poster seemed sure about their choice. I may have miscounted, sorry if that's the case. Anyway, here it goes:

Dear Leader: 9

Mnemonic: 5
Buried Metropolis: 5

Eras of Adventure: 4

ExtraTerrarium: 3

Steed: 3

Headlander: 3

The White Witch's Gnome War: 3

Gone Astray: 2

Project XIng: 2 (sorry tberton!)
Jet Girl & Ghost Dog: 2

Derelict: 2

Ether: 2

Mega Rad Karate Troopers: 2

What Could Go Wrong: 2

Astro Helmet: 1

Breach: 1

Dum Sim: 1

Ether: 1

Parabolic: 1

Reentry: 1

Timagotchi: 1
Scavenger: 1

Little Pink Best Buds: 7
Cupid: 4
Damnit Jerry: 2

It may be of interest to compare these numbers with those counted in this NeoGAF thread. It seems very likely by now that Dear Leader and Little Pink Best Buds will win. But aside from that lots of room for speculation remains...

@tberton: So you voted for Project XIng and Mnemonic, what was your third pick? Dear Leader or Buried Metropolis? Edit: Added vote for Buried Metropolis
@vimes: Which Pendleton prototype did you decide on?

Unrelated question: Why does pressing "Delete" in the reply form delete line(s) after the cursor, in a manner I don't seem to be able to foresee? That's odd behaviour and really annoying...never experienced that before!

Edit: Updated to post #57.

I voted for Damnit Jerry, because I think it's the most concrete idea, and it'll give them the space to build off a simple concept. The rest of Ward's pitches were a bit rough and seem too hard to pull off in a jam.

@tberton: So you voted for Project XIng and Mnemonic, what was your third pick? Dear Leader or Buried Metropolis?

Buried Metropolis.

ah so many......!

I voted for

Pendleton's cupid

White Witches Gnome War

Astro Helmet

What Could go Worng

I feel like many of these prototypes are games I've seen before, but with a Double Fine touch. Era of Adventure seems like something Double Fine SHOULD do, Timagotchi will never win, but I wish it would... I wanna feed my lil' Tim some hoagies! 

The last thing I voted for was Cat in a Box, I know cats are more overused than anything on the Internet, but... It seemed like it might be fun?

As for the Pendleton Ward one, I would have chose the Cupid one, if it weren't going to be an iOS game, so I chose Lil' Pink Best Buds.

Apart from Era of Adventure, I don't think any of what I chose will win. :|

I don't know, Era of Adventure sounded like the biggest fan-fic-y idea to me.. Like something someone on an AGS forum thought up. "IT HAS ALL THE DIFFERENT STYLES!"

But.. if anyone can make that fun, it's Double Fine. So.. I don't know.

I don't know.

I don't know..

Hmm, after playing Papers Please, I'm really not in the mood for another despotism sim. Maybe Dear Leader will grab me a little more after I watch the production process.

That's the main reason I didn't vote for Dear Leader. Don't we already have Tropico for that anyway? :|

Two out of three of my votes made it to the finals.

Now everyone vote for those because they're the best.

(Steed and Xing.)

Breach

Dear Leader

Derelict

Eras of Adventure

Ether

Extraterrarium

Mnemonic

Project Xing

Steed

What Could Go Wrong?

Where did they say when the livestream was going to start? I missed that info, yet I would have had the time to watch the stream from the beginning. :(

Ah well, it's still live at least..

PROJECT XING YES! Too bad about Buried Metropolis, but there is stuff on that list I can get behind, so I'm happy. In fact, the only one there that I'm not interested in at all is Eras of Adventure.

PROJECT XING YES!

YES YES YES!

:D

I'm sort of glad Mega Rad Karate Troopers didn't make it, because I also wanted to vote for Extraterrarium and ended up basically just flipping a coin. Now I don't have to choose.

SAM: Yeah, should be the same. Voting isn't working for me, yet, but I think it'll just be three votes again.

At the beginning of the video today Tim said he got a lot of comments from people that thought Headlander was "too weird" so I guess it must have had an uphill battle.