clyde

Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight 2014

Headlander is moderately quirky at most. This proves people are just as crap as publishers!

Man, I really didn't see the appeal of Headlander. It feels like a game in love with its core concept, but that game needs way more than its core concept to be interesting. There are lots of games where you take control of enemies and use them to do things.

I didn't jump in until the second round of voting, but i voted for Steed, Mnemonic, and Derelict. All interested me in pretty different ways. 

Shame JP's didn't get in, but I wasn't too into the idea myself. And he already won last year anyway! 

As a huge fan of slasher movies and a moderate fan of point n click adventure games, What Could Go Wrong is all I want in this world.

Unfortunately I missed the first round of voting (how did Mega Rad Karate Troopers not make it through?!), but I voted for Steed, Breach, Ether and No More McDonalds. Out of all the excellent ideas for games, these were the ones that seemed to have settings and moods that I thought would be most enjoyable :) 

I'll be very sad if Extra Terrarium doesn't make it. It's close to an idea for a game that's been floating around in my head for ages.

My other votes were for Dear Leader and Steed. I admit the former is just because I can't get enough of that patriotic Soviet music.

*edit* Oh yeah, and I also voted for Little Pink Best Buds.

Have the votes been tallied yet?

Humble Bundle has a counter with 20-some minutes left, so I hopefully not.

Oh, they announced it. The finalists:

Mnemonic

Dear Leader

Steed

I am pleased with these results.

:(

The games two of those are pretty much the ones I'm least interested in. I hope Steed is good.

I'll take that list.  Did they announce a Pen Ward game too?

My Little Pink Best Buds is going to be Pen's. He was in the announcement video too, so he's definitely there. 

hmmm... 1 of my second choice set made it.

I did much better last time.

WHY DIDN'T YOU NERDS VOTE FOR XING

GODDAMNIT

):

Man, what a drag realizing Pendleton Ward's dumb game takes a spot from DF games. Of course I should have known that but didn't think about it. Anyway, none of the games I was really interested in made it.

Man, what a drag realizing Pendleton Ward's dumb game takes a spot from DF games. Of course I should have known that but didn't think about it. Anyway, none of the games I was really interested in made it.

That was my very first thought when I first started voting. I didn't like any of his ideas, really. Not to say I don't think they can be made into something good, but there were like five other concepts from Double Fine employees that I would've preferred. C'est la vie.

The Pen pitch is a hoax, it's actually a crowd sourced publisher focus group and will actually become a real game.

Wow, my votes were 3/4 what the final results were. I guess I'm mainstream.