Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Does anyone else like to trace back conversations to see how you got from one topic to another?  Whenever I'm in a conversation with someone and the discussion starts on topic A and ends on topic Z, I always think in the back of my mind "how did I go from A to Z".  The sequence of logic is interesting to me, as is the fact that I usually can't remember how it happened even though it was only a few minutes ago.

That might not be the easiest thing to do in a thread called "I had a random

oh a squirrel!

Does anyone else like to trace back conversations to see how you got from one topic to another?  Whenever I'm in a conversation with someone and the discussion starts on topic A and ends on topic Z, I always think in the back of my mind "how did I go from A to Z".  The sequence of logic is interesting to me, as is the fact that I usually can't remember how it happened even though it was only a few minutes ago.

Yeah, I also like to do that when my mind wanders while listening to a podcast.

I know there's been some tipping discussion on this thread before, so I just wanted to note the Taxi I just took had options of 20, 25, or 30 percent for tip. Considering I was taught 15 percent is a standard tip, I'm a bit annoyed that the only options were way above what I'd consider reasonable for the fairly lousy service I received.

Today is August 31, marking exactly three months since I started trying to remove a waiver that was placed in error on the health insurance coverage that I get from my employer. I have been assured five times by four different people at my workplace and at the insurance company that the waiver has been removed, but somehow I'm still listed on their website as uninsured by them.

I don't have any insightful commentary, I just wish that they made it as easy to have insurance as to not have insurance. I don't think I've ever filed a document with such staying power, never mind one that worked in my favor.

I was recently informed by the state of Ohio that I owe $1700 in income tax for the year of 2013, a year during which I lived and worked in California.

How the fuck do they even make that mistake? I've faxed the proof-of-residence they asked for, but I have no idea if they've accepted it.

WHO STILL USES FAX

the government obviously but what the fuck

What I'm saying is I feel your pain, even if it's not an exact copy of your situation.

WHO STILL USES FAX

Faxes are still used widely in healthcare and legal fields. There are elements of security and verification via signature that are not possible with more advanced technologies.

Faxes are being phased out in Healthcare in America due to HIPAA. Having loose sheets of paper with patient information that just kind of collects in an area that's usually not well observed or often checked... not the most compliant setup in history.

not to panic you, but any chance of a stolen ID? 

Nah, I've never lost an ID or credit card or anything, somehow, despite being prone to losing lots of things throughout my life.

Anyway, I know who uses faxes, but there is no valid excuse for using an outdated mode of communication. Nobody has a fucking fax machine anymore! I had to use some online faxing service, which I feel is way less secure than whatever issues they're worrying about. |:

I still have a shitty chain wallet I have from high school. I just bury my chain in my pocket. I'm very afraid of losing my keys and wallet even though it's a fashion don't.

I switched to a new wallet today and it's significantly slimmer than my old wallet. I keep thinking I don't have it and freaking out for a second.

i recently switched wallets this past spring and have a similar phantom feeling of something missing.  Also the pocket/slots are different in this one and gives me mild panic when i cant find a card/cash in such a quick glance

but this one is not falling apart at the seams and has a really slick leather texture...so i get over it on a day to day basis

post-33948-0-88337800-1441120389_thumb.jpg

I need to complain about this James Bond thing.

So Anthony Horowitz, who has authorisation from the Fleming estate to write James Bond, said that he doesn't think Idris Elba would make a good Bond because he's too 'street', which got people upset and understandably so - unless you actually read the quote, where the author suggested Adrian Lester as the kind of person he had in mind. This is Adrian Lester:

xLgGpQc.jpg

Look at this suave motherfucker. Why are you throwing this charming man under the bus, people on Twitter that I am definitely subtweeting right now, in favour of one of the few British black men Americans have heard of as Bond? There is more than one classy-looking black man

Honestly, I'd argue it's tokenism.

You know what I hate? When I'm eating a bowl of cereal or granola and look down at my spoon to see ONE OF MY FUCKING EYELASHES just sitting there in a shallow spoon pool of milk. I know it's my eyelash but I don't want to fucking eat that.

I'm sorry, but that's not James Bond!

That's Mickey, Mickey Briggs.

All natural lashes baby!

post-31977-0-89198800-1441323345_thumb.jpg

One lash falls into my cereal and two more spring up in its place.

I need to complain about this James Bond thing.

So Anthony Horowitz, who has authorisation from the Fleming estate to write James Bond, said that he doesn't think Idris Elba would make a good Bond because he's too 'street', which got people upset and understandably so - unless you actually read the quote, where the author suggested Adrian Lester as the kind of person he had in mind. 

Also, "street" isn't really a code-word for black in the UK the way it is in the US (UKers agree?).

I think it has less of a racial connection in the UK and Ireland, but not none since we are exposed to American media. You can hardly claim it was a good choice of words, even if it's been misconstrued.

You know what I hate? When I'm eating a bowl of cereal or granola and look down at my spoon to see ONE OF MY FUCKING EYELASHES just sitting there in a shallow spoon pool of milk. I know it's my eyelash but I don't want to fucking eat that.

My professional breakfast advice is don't eat it, then.

I think it has less of a racial connection in the UK and Ireland, but not none since we are exposed to American media. You can hardly claim it was a good choice of words, even if it's been misconstrued.

No, absolutely. Also, it's a daft opinion anyway.

I was going to say that I'm not picky about hair in my food, but I guess I am in the literal sense because I pick it out and keep eating :P

Why isn't there an easy way to say "That sounds like a fun idea, I would love to do it but I'm not comfortable with spending that much money to do it."? In particular cause I can't imagine being able to respond with that without people either assuming I have financial trouble or just don't value their friendship very highly.

Why isn't there an easy way to say "That sounds like a fun idea, I would love to do it but I'm not comfortable with spending that much money to do it."? In particular cause I can't imagine being able to respond with that without people either assuming I have financial trouble or just don't value their friendship very highly.

"I'm too cheap".

Also, sometimes I mention that I have a small spending budget for non-routine activities (and that I don't want to exhaust it on the thing being discussed) and the only problem I've had using that is someone offering to pay for it. I probably should have just let them pay for it.