Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

God the reddit community is shocking.. I keep diving into these pits of bigotry trying to find an angle to argue.. But I know it won't convince anyone. I would probably be better off not going there at all.

It's like an ant farm of humanity's worst tendencies, people adamant that they argue for justified reasons when really their driven by a complexe mash up of hate and bigotry. Ugh I can see myself in it aswell which is the worst part.. Knowing we are all like this under the right circumstance. Its really disheartening. 

Reddit is indeed a very sad place to go to. I browse the front page sometimes for cool gifs and maybe a joke or two, but if you probe any deeper it gets bad quickly. I've heard there are good subreddits but none of the ones pertaining to my hobbies are that good. 

And yeah, I can totally see how some of the things I thought when I was in the younger years of high school could've easily evolved into the hate and grossness that goes on there if I hadn't somehow become associated with the right sort of people. Luckily I was made more aware of these things fairly early before I was ingrained in my shittiness, but the longer you let these things linger and feed them the harder it is to change. 

b = bites

B = bytes

So, it's 120 Mb/s = 15 MB/s

b is bits

I haven't watched this movie in ages but ended up watching this clip on youtube somehow. I was taken aback by how bad the green screen effect looks. The actually fight isn't great either.

That's because they ruined all the cool stuff from the first movie by adding a bunch of CG in the second and third.

There is actually a fair bit of good practical action work in Reloaded (a lot in that very sequence, in fact, just not in that specific fight) but they overstepped the limits of CGI so all the really bad digital stuntman and green screen work really grates. 

I noticed at one point that it seems like every scene that takes place while the characters are in "The Matrix" has a green hue to it while every scene that takes place while they are in the real world has a blue hue. That has kind of bothered me ever since.

The actually fight isn't great either.

I've actually come to be quite down on the Matrix movies as examples of competent fight choreography because they don't really have a physical narrative in the vast majority of their fights. To make the agents appear strong, they take hits left and right without really registering them, which means that it's up to the actors' facial expressions and (of course) the music to keep you as the viewer informed on the rhythm and intensity of the fight. Human-on-human fights, like the famous sparring scene in the dojo from the first movie, are generally a little bit better, but it's still overly reliant on incidental scenery damage and musical stings to convey who's winning and why they're winning, rather than the actual results of their actions in the fight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3159344/There-s-no-jail-big-midget-Mexico-s-billion-dollar-drugs-lord-gloats-Twitter-escaping-prison-shower-block-tunnel.html

It is so weird to live in a world where one of the biggest Mexican drug lords, nicknamed the midget, escapes prison via tunnels equipped with a special-purpose motorcycle and then threatens Donald Trump on Twitter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3159344/There-s-no-jail-big-midget-Mexico-s-billion-dollar-drugs-lord-gloats-Twitter-escaping-prison-shower-block-tunnel.html

It is so weird to live in a world where one of the biggest Mexican drug lords, nicknamed the midget, escapes prison via tunnels equipped with a special-purpose motorcycle and then threatens Donald Trump on Twitter.

I am actually comfortable with all of this.

I need someone to tell me if those weird Shia Labeouf "just do it" videos are supposed to be funny. Or is the idea supposed to be that they are funny because of how unfunny they are? Or is it neither and we are just supposed to talk about them and pretend they are clever?

I realize I am rapidly descending into full blown old man territory here but I'm starting to have a hard time comprehending how some of these types of things become full blown memes. Kids these days.

Ridiculous literally means worthy of being laughed at, which I did at least the first couple of times I saw it. I dunno. I think the Literal Cannibal Shia song primed me to find things with him enjoyable.

I've got that problem with funniest home videos style people hurting themselves, I just go ouch instead of laughing.

e: also screw IRC, timezones plus no archive means no asynchronous enjoyment. Selfish!

That's why you never log out! Just idle in there like a pro.

Also there are just as many Euros in there as there are Americans.

Back in my IRC days people would pay for servers (BNCs) to remote connect to IRC with their username when they were offline.

I hate the idea of blaming my parents for any failures I have, but I'm struggling with owning my problem of comfort eating. It's all down to my parents using food to reward good behaviour and make me feel better when I was sad. Now it's so ingrained I really struggle with it, but because it's me, I should own it and fix it.

Not sure how to fix it without consulting a psychiatrist, which is way out of my price range.