toblix

Half-Life 3

That campaign's page is absolutely brilliant. I'm 99% sure it's a joke but at the same time I'd love to see that shit happen. :tup:

The notion that a sequel Valve is pressured into making would be the sequel fans want to play is another part of the ongoing HL3 meme that always feels particularly bewildering to me.

Make no mistake though, if Valve gets around to finally announcing Half-Life 3, i will lose my goddamned mind.

That campaign's page is absolutely brilliant. I'm 99% sure it's a joke but at the same time I'd love to see that shit happen. :tup:

You have more faith in people than I.

I think the whole thing is becoming obnoxious.

Leave Britney Valve alone!

Do people actually think Valve is working on the next Half Life? Like, they might be but one person in that thread said it was obvious they were and I really wouldn't be surprised if Valve never said anything about it again.

Every now and then (i.e., every couple years) Valve says they are working on it, but it's not far along, also they don't say how many people are on it or anything, really.

I think a few of the leaks have indicated that there's at least an ongoing project, but I don't remember.

I think it's quite safe to assume they are working on it or at least were working on it and are rethinking their approach right now. Valve has a (maybe partially deserved?) reputation of being this weird company focusing on DOTA and hats, not making "their" games anymore etc. etc. now, but completely abandoning Half-Life wouldn't make any sense. It would go against every force that is present within a company making video games and having an extremely successful flagship franchise like that, "weird" or not.

One day we'll learn about what has been going on with HL3 and it will be a completely insane story.

I think the rolling desks probably keeps interrupting everything so they can't really get any more games done. Most of the hours in the day are spent unplugging monitors and moving equipment which doesn't allow for anything longer form than making a new hat or wizard's staff.

Valve's floor is largely frictionless, meaning that everyone is just continually rolling around and not getting any work done. It looks like a bumper car arena in there. Many employees sacrifice their desks to form a ring around the "core group," keeping it largely motionless for periods long enough to add a hat to TF2 or not work on Diretide.

The best theory I've heard is that the Valve offices look like The Wolf of Wall Street. They haven't made HL3 because it's a nonstop parade of hookers and blow and marching bands.

Seriously though, it seems Valve employs a lot more people than they put out content, I have to wonder where all those hours of work are going. Like what's the average's employee's day consist of? Do they keep getting halfway through a project then scrapping it? Or does everyone just play DOTA 8 hours a day and call it playtesting?

The important thing is HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED WOOO YEAHHHHHHHHH

The best theory I've heard is that the Valve offices look like The Wolf of Wall Street. They haven't made HL3 because it's a nonstop parade of hookers and blow and marching bands.

Seriously though, it seems Valve employs a lot more people than they put out content, I have to wonder where all those hours of work are going. Like what's the average's employee's day consist of?

I think hookers, blow, and marching bands are all very good guesses.

Valve's floor is largely frictionless, meaning that everyone is just continually rolling around and not getting any work done. It looks like a bumper car arena in there. Many employees sacrifice their desks to form a ring around the "core group," keeping it largely motionless for periods long enough to add a hat to TF2 or not work on Diretide.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This right here

What if Valve releases Half Life 3, and then a few minutes in, it starts asking you to perform math for an amphibian? It slowly dawns on us: Half Life 3 is Frog Fractions 2.