Jake

New Forums! Post feedback, notes, etc here

Cool look!

I had to recover my password even though I'm fairly sure that I was using the correct one to log in.

Shit just got real! Good work on updating the old forums. Though they fitted like an old pair of slacks, age was kinda showing.

What's the deal with the dots under some usernames? Also, I'm confused and scared!

:campbell:

What's the deal with the dots under some usernames? Also, I'm confused and scared!

:campbell:

We have no idea.

Oh, new, cool!

It says I have '0 warning points' - what do I have to do to get more?

And Jake, you probably noticed, but your non-square Avatar is squared in the thread-header.

It looks silly.

Oh, new, cool!

It says I have '0 warning points' - what do I have to do to get more?

I just killed that. I don't think it's a system we plan on using.

Lovely! Very clean. :tup:

The only issues I've noticed is Subbes not being able to post stuff from mlkshk. Also, angry tomato would be the perfect way to emote about the death of angry tomato.

The "warning points" thing was probably the software's infraction system. Everything incorporates it now. Be enough of a troublemaker and the system takes care of banning for the people running the board.

But I'm kinda glad it was killed. Not that I'm against it, but out of any forum I've been to, this one is pretty danged chill and not full of people trying to one-up each other in anger.

There seems to be a problem on mobiles wherein, having chosen to check out the new-look, I can't switch back to the mobile mode. I freely admit this may be a problem with the guy holding the phone, rather than the forum software itself. Any ideas?

There seems to be a problem on mobiles wherein, having chosen to check out the new-look, I can't switch back to the mobile mode. I freely admit this may be a problem with the guy holding the phone, rather than the forum software itself. Any ideas?

Unfortunately you'll have to throw your telephone away and purchase a replacement telephone.

Unfortunately you'll have to throw your telephone away and purchase a replacement telephone.

I'm not necessarily sure I like this idea. sad.png

You can keep your old phone, and just use the new one for browsing this site.

Also, I should probably say I really love this new board.I'm especially happy with the new WYSIWYG editor, except: When I write, and use Ctrl+I to enter italic text, and then hit backspace, all sorts of craziness ensues. I'm using Chrome 19.0.1084.46 m.

Just checking if Firefox also has this WEIRD behavior, and it doesn't, but I managed to get it stuck in this weird formatting, even though none of the styles are selected. It looks like bold, but it isn't, and toggling underlined doesn't help.

So yeah, the WYSIWYG editor is a little wonky, but I'm still pretty happy with all of this.

Just checking if Firefox also has this WEIRD behavior, and it doesn't, but I managed to get it stuck in this weird formatting, even though none of the styles are selected. It looks like bold, but it isn't, and toggling underlined doesn't help.

I'll just modify your account to post only in this style, so then you won't need to worry about selecting it in the editor manually.

I'll just modify your account to post only in this style, so then you won't need to worry about selecting it in the editor manually.

But now you're just giving him a reason to format his readermails that way.