Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

I really liked Code of Princess. It's marred by some performance troubles, but it's a fun and technical brawler.

Also, i've been playing Attack of the Friday Monsters. That is an extremely pretty game, and charming enough that i ended up playing almost the whole thing in one sitting.

Starship Damrey and Attack of the Friday Monsters are the easy recommendations in this last batch of Guild games. (Along with Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud from the first.)

I've started playing Donkey Kong Country Returns as I was looking for a basic 2D platform romp and it's probably brilliant. I'm dying a lot which I'm still not sure whether to attribute to me being shite or it being legitimately tricky but it definitely feels like a DKC game and I keep coming back to it so it's doing something right. Looks fantastic too.

I don't think I've ever StreetPassed anyone who was playing it which makes me wonder if it's kind of slipped through the net a bit, ditto Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. which I picked up today and have seen precisely one person playing. So much good stuff on 3DS right now.

Oh hey! The streetpass relay update is live!

So now when you're within range of any of the "nintendo zone" locations Nintendo has set up with various electronics stores and fastfood places, your streetpasses will be uploaded there for the next visitor to come and claim, and you'll download any relevant streetpasses from the previous visitor.

This should actually crack open streetpass accessibility in a huge way.

I did that all weekend since we were driving to a couple of cities. I wanted to start being obnoxious and slowly passing every McDonald's we saw, but I had to settle on the ones that it picked up by us being at a stoplight. I finally got three software users in a row!

I've become super jealous of everyone who owns a 3DS and Animal Crossing New Leaf so I recently decided to start playing Wild World again on the original DS. I'd forgotten how fun and relaxing this game is and it's been perfect for limited play sessions in the evening. I'll get a 3DS + New Leaf eventually but Wild World is a good fix in the meantime.

Get back to playing Fate of Atlantis, Zeusthecat! The fate of Atlantis is in your hands.

Get back to playing Fate of Atlantis, Zeusthecat! The fate of Atlantis is in your hands.

Every spare second I can afford is going to this game, I promise!!! However, with the little one I need to be close by to help my wife retain her sanity during these sleepless nights. So the DS is great for short segments of gaming during this phase.

God, just listen to me. I sound like an addict. I need to keep doing at least a little bit of heroin. A little bit is okay right?

I'm so tired, sorry if I'm not making any sense.

Aw hell yeah!

Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney was just confirmed for North American and European releases in 2014.

Every spare second I can afford is going to this game, I promise!!! However, with the little one I need to be close by to help my wife retain her sanity during these sleepless nights. So the DS is great for short segments of gaming during this phase.

God, just listen to me. I sound like an addict. I need to keep doing at least a little bit of heroin. A little bit is okay right?

I'm so tired, sorry if I'm not making any sense.

Haha, yes. I have a one year old so I know what you mean about feeling like a video game addict. ;)

I sometimes stay up late (even though I should get some sleep before the boy wakes me up at 5 am) just to get an hour of gaming! This is why I love this forum and the podcast, and threads like your LucasArts playthrough. I get to at least think about video games by reading about you all playing them.. :P

Holy shit! Nintendo's putting Summer Carnival '92: Recca up on the 3DS's virtual console!

I will totally buy that.

Aw hell yeah!

Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney was just confirmed for North American and European releases in 2014.

Any news if this is retail or eShop only? Please be retail.

This StreetPass relay update is sweet, I got nine today and it was only a normal workday. So happy I'm not going to have to hang around outside dank games shops and think about going to anime conventions to be competitive in the tricky end stages of Mii Force.

I was about to finally pick up a 3DS to take with me on a trip to Europe in a few days, but then I saw that they're releasing an all black 3DS XL on the 11th, which is after I leave :(

Hear ye, hear ye! I have a code for a copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf as part of the Recommend a Friend promotion. All my family already have the game. Ask and you shall receive! (I think it's EU only, though.)

Well, gosh...! That seems pretty big. I'm certainly up for it, but perhaps there are others that would like it as well, and we can figure out a way to battle each other to the death for it?

fyi the new mario rpg is pretty good. mind you I haven't played one of those since the gba so maybe I am easily impressed.

Steamworld Dig just released on the eShop is FANTASTIC. Really really fantastic! Highly recommend you kids check it out.

Rodi said:

Well, gosh...! That seems pretty big. I'm certainly up for it, but perhaps there are others that would like it as well, and we can figure out a way to battle each other to the death for it?

Deathmatch sounds interesting. Then again, there are restrictions that I wasn't fully aware of. You need to have registered a new EU 3DS between 6th August and 7th October. I think I'll just bosh the email I received in this post and whoever wants it is welcome. Here it is...

As promised, here is your very special gift: a Recommendation Code to send to a friend allowing them to claim a free Download Code for Animal Crossing: New Leaf!

4P0K9hBZnWwbnp3eYSyPQPrN

Here's what to do next:

Send this Recommendation Code to a friend. If your friend registers a Nintendo 3DS XL system between 23:01 (UK time) on 6th August and 22:59 (UK time) on 7th October 2013, and enters the Recommendation Code before 22:59 (UK time) on 7th October 2013, he/she will be eligible to claim a free Download Code for Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Nintendo 3DS!

fyi the new mario rpg is pretty good. mind you I haven't played one of those since the gba so maybe I am easily impressed.

If you've never played one then it's even better? I've been interested in it, but with everything else coming out soon, it might fall to a winter holiday game for me.

It was a bit of a letdown for me as I'm a huge fan of the Paper Marios up to this point. The new one was fine, but relied too heavily on solving puzzles by needing a very specific arbitrary sticker that takes up way too much of your inventory. You don't know you need this sticker until you hit this point in the level, at which time you need to exit the level (negating all of your progress in it) to go and find the sticker you need from another level you've already completed. The bosses also work this way. I liked a lot about that game, but man did those puzzles and boss fights make me hate it for a while.

...and then I realized that you're probably talking about the ACTUAL Mario and Luigi RPG, not Paper Mario Sticker Star. Mario and Luigi is on the way from Amazon, and I'm stoked.

There's a demo for M&L4 up on the eShop right now, it seems pretty awesome.

Also, ever since the streetpass update, i've been getting a pretty constant stream of new streetpass hits.

Steamworld Dig on the eShop is apparently an awesome thing as well. I have a bit of money i could spare on it, but i'm still holding out hope that Kokuga will be released in Canada. (The G.Rev-developed 3DS shooter that is available everywhere... except Canada.)

10 StreetPass hits again without really trying, this relay business is great.

I completed Mii Squad just now and greatly enjoyed it, a lot of content in there for your five pounds or regional equivalent. Even if you live in an area where you don't get many passes I'd still recommend it as unlike a few of the other games there's no added bonus for using a Mii whom you've met a number of times before so the hired mercenary cats are just as viable. A little relieved it's over now as the latter stages were a bit stressful after a day at work but nonetheless highly enjoyable.

Did you guys hear about the thing where people have figured out exploits in the streetpass relay thing? The key thing is that there's nothing actually on-site about how it works, it's all pinging a central Nintendo server that is identifying locations by SSID's and mac addresses.

It's like the item exploit in Animal Crossing New Leaf where you just needed to change your router's SSID to one of the participating retailers to gain access to the exclusive items.

So setup a router SSID with the name of a participating retailer or restaurant, your 3DS will then see that and then try to ping that Nintendo server through that wi-fi point. (Thereby accessing the "Nintendo Zone" thing and the streetpass relay.) Whatever mac address that central server was accessed from is basically then entered in as a potential streetpass relay location to store and distribute streetpasses through.

People are doing this with cloned mac addresses being passed around on the internet to share streetpasses online.

I ended up playing through every part of the Mario & Luigi 4 demo in one go.

...Goddamnit, I really want this game.