gdf

Plug your shit

I would've chopped that poll into several, damn. Or you could have people sort them by order of preference and basically do an instant runoff. Then make all of them in order in which people voted for them cause you just have to do all of them anyway, no?

I am looking forward to Dune tho!

I would've chopped that poll into several, damn. Or you could have people sort them by order of preference and basically do an instant runoff. Then make all of them in order in which people voted for them cause you just have to do all of them anyway, no?

This sounds a bit like work. That I'd have to do. My way was easier! :tup:

Oh yeah, Armello, my housemate played that at PAX Aus. I'm not sure what he thought of it.

So for those who haven't been paying attention to my tumblr, Let's Draw Video Games, I've been drawing Pokémon sketches in numerical order every day since New Year's (with the intention to keep going until I'm done, which will take just under two years).

IhJxohj.png

yGxvJvg.png

gDjZBoa.png

tCjraIw.png

...But as of RIGHT NOW, you can buy yourself a genuine custom-made sketch by yours truly for only TEN AMERICAN DOLLARS! (I had to wait because I only had six markers before and now I have eighteen) Just click on the Sewaddle below for details:

xLJJHIt.png

It's a great way to get a nice picture and help me out financially in the process!

Pidgey is my favorite regular bird pokemon. ):

I always name it Bart, for some reason.

Been continuing to mess around with putting music together. This is still rough as knackers but is about the epitome of what I can manage right now. Still, I can hear endless things that I want to change. I need to do some other shit for a few days so hopefully I'll feel inspired to move this forward a bit more afterwards. It's meant to be atmospheric game BGM type shit for a snowy level.  :fart: 

Winter Heights - Draft 1 - SoundCloud

I've started a quick 'n dirty Youtube webshow about writing and publishing books, chronicling [in Dutch] my struggles and adventures in getting my stuff made. Still figuring out all the technical hurdles, so video and audio aren't up to snuff, but here's the first ep, hot off the press. Again, in our Royal Dutch Language.

AGH! Was excited to hear about the exciting world of book publishing, but DUTCH! >:|

Yes, but isn't it soothing to the ear? All of our delicious, contrary-sounding mouth sounds?

Okay, so I'm starting to feel comfortable enough with this whole streaming thing that I think I'm going to try to make it more or less a nightly thing. So I'll stop announcing it in the broadcast thread and just say that I aim to stream each night somewhere in the window of 9PM to midnight Arizona time. I'll probably do it for most games except games like Dragon Age Origins which I still need to finish and would probably be way too fucking boring to watch.

So if anyone's interested, feel free to check it out or subscribe to my channel.

AGH! Was excited to hear about the exciting world of book publishing, but DUTCH! >:|

I just turned on the translated captions. I understand Rodi just fine.

post-6267-0-18642200-1422566609_thumb.jpg

Is it that he's actually left handed? His camera must have mirrored it. Otherwise, seems spot on to me. I kept my ushi peanut butter secret, but since it is no secret more I guess I need to branch out.

No, that's actually a fair translation. Protip: my young adult series is called 'Peanut Butter and Sushi', which sounds a lot better in Dutch than it does in English :getmecoat

It is already no secret more

That's some fairly hypnotic head-bobbing. That might explain why I liked it :tup: Now to transfer all my money to you...

So I'm writing and recording a new album of music, and I thought it might be interesting to have a development blog. I've enjoyed reading about minutae and problem solving on so many video game dev blogs, but I've never seen one done for an album. So on my blog I'm keeping it updated with literally all progress I make. That includes demos, random ideas, even just tossed off lyrics. It's the first album I'm writing with a band in mind (as opposed to all my previous albums, which were lo-fi one take anti-folk songs) so it's a new experience for me.

The blog is here: https://patricksnewalbum.wordpress.com/

I just wrote a lengthy post where I pretty much just transcribed my thoughts during a three hour songwriting session.

Today I released my first game, Flapjack Flinger on Android! It's based on the 80s bartending arcade game Tapper, but with more bears in suits. There'll probably be an iOS release eventually, I'm still sorting out finding a cheapish mac to develop on.

Store Page

Press Kit

Dev Log

ISpGpCz.png?1

I probably never woulda got this far if it hadn't been for all the awesome folks over in the Game Development subforum, so thank you everyone for making these forums such an encouraging and awesome place.

Also if anyone has any feedback on the game, PLEASE pass it along! PM me here or drop an email to [email protected]. Or drop by the IRC, I'm usually in there.

I thought I could do better with my last musical attempt — that it'd be nice to get some strings in there rather than wall-to-wall synth pads — so I just blew my afternoon reworking it from scratch. I'm still feeling hopelessly out of my depth, but actually putting stuff on SoundCloud so I can call it 'done' is very motivating and keeps me focusing on making something better. :tup:

Rising Joy - SoundCloud