JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

It's worth zero, in my opinion.

$3 would be 30 minutes of fun. So yeah, it does have that

Yeah!  $3 is great, though the deal is now over... I've played it for about 30 minutes and am enjoying it as an interactive art space.  Have just started coming upon things that resemble more standard first-person video game puzzles, though.  YUCK!  :P

I'm debating whether to get the Banner Saga or not... I'm slowing getting into strategy games, I usually could only play Civ, but now I can kinda play Age of Empires II HD, since The Banner Saga is turned based, I might actually dare play it. I'm still on my strategy training wheels here. :|

I have about the same level of interest in strategy games as you do, so I'll say that I bought the game and it didn't really grab me (which is a shame, because the art is just beautiful). I ended up unintentionally ignoring the story, mostly because it was just an endless list of fantasy names and locations that I had no context for. The combat was alright, and I could tell there was more depth than I was seeing in the early game. I ultimately ended up playing a couple of hours before giving up on it. Maybe the Three Moves Ahead folks or the Strategy Games forum would have smarter thoughts about it, but as someone who kind of likes strategy games but doesn't play too many, it didn't really work for me.

I don't want to sound like a scammer or a... whatever, but I have a free copy of 'Dead Rising: Epidemic' that I have no interest of owning or playing. I'm not even sure how I got it, but I can gift it, so who wants it? Looks like a zombie Lords Management game. Yay. The most overused thing in video games must surely bring a breath of fresh air into the already nailed-down Lords Management scene right? uh. I dunno.

Maybe it's a thing that everyone owns. Idk. Still. Anyone want it?

Damn, it's Dead Island: Epidemic, not Dead Rising.  I got really excited about covering wars and making sweet dirt bike jumps in a Lords Management game.  Maybe a mode where the whole objective is to put funny hats on your opponent and take compromising pictures of them. 

Undoubtedly. Though I'd say just about anything that wasn't obscene or broken would be worth that little, to be frank.

I didn't get $2.24's worth of enjoyment out of it, but I seem to be in the minority.

Damn, it's Dead Island: Epidemic, not Dead Rising.  I got really excited about covering wars and making sweet dirt bike jumps in a Lords Management game.  Maybe a mode where the whole objective is to put funny hats on your opponent and take compromising pictures of them. 

Guh. Sorry about that. It was late when I wrote that.  That would have been sweet. I might have even played it. Still on the table if anyone wants it. someone must love Lord Management games right? Enough to play another one? Right? Anyone? 

... I think it looks shit. Still, a free game is a free game?

Groupees' Be Mine 13 bundle looks like a day one perch for several reasons. Supposed to launch sometime on May 30th June 2nd. I'm expecting several tiers, topping out at about $5, and bonus games added as milestones are reached over the two week promotion period.

• Miasmata - Idle Thumbs excerpts:
  • Spate - atmospheric jump & run about a guy with absinthe problems. Developer was an animator for Jim Henson, Disney, Sony Animation.
  • Antisquad - turnbased tactics with solid user reviews
  • Legend of Dungeon - 2D ARPG roguelikelikelike dungeon crawl
  • Alpha Kimori 1 - 5 hour Phantasy Star homage
  • The Longest Journey
  • Nekro - singleplayer / multiplayer Torchlightalike on Early Access ($15) for Lin, Mac, Win. 100% Steam user reviews approval rating.

(Thought Dead Island: Epidemic showed promise, but then maybe I'm easily pleased when it comes to 'innovation' within the LOMAlike sphere? (I still have a bunch of free beta keys if anyone wants to try it for themselves))

So that Be Mine 13 bundle is live for the next two weeks. The upper tier is $4 - for that you get Miasmata, The Longest Journey, Spate, Nekro, and however many of the 7 possible bonuses are unlocked, as well as the other three. I don't see that being beaten by this summer's Steam sale, though if you already have Mias and TLJ then I guess it depends on what those bonuses turn out to be?

Uncharted 3 (single player download, North America only) is apparently free right now on the Playstation Store for everyone, not just Plus members.

http://kotaku.com/uncharted-3-is-free-for-all-ps3-owners-right-now-1585892127

Edit: Looks like it was a mistake.  The listing's been removed from the store.  No idea if my purchase of $0 is still good.

Is this an error or a promo for Sniper Elite 3?

EDIT: Yeah, it's a promo for Sniper Elite V3, which is fortuitous for me since I just beat Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 & 2, I'm in the mood for more sniper games. :P

I think I was actually confusing Elite with Ghost Warrior, stupid sniper games. Elite is much better and definitely, at one point, had a kill Hitler mission. I think I shot him in the knee.

I was so glad to see Sniper Elite being free. A friend bought the game last summer, and we both had tons of fun with it.

...the slow-mo kill cam is probably my guiltiest of guilty pleasures in gaming.

I just did some co-op Sniper Elite with a buddy.  That Overwatch mode is fun.  The campaign was cool too, lots of covering each other while we did stuff.

I wish there was a way to share eShop games between multiple consoles. I used to be super jazzed about eShop, but now that my wife has her own 3DS I plan on buying all my retail 3DS games on cart so she can play them too. Might check out some of those virtual console games... is there any way to buy Wii U eShop games without a Wii U? I don't think there is, but I figured I'd ask anyways.