JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

wild. NWN2 is so good. MotB is my favorite D&D game, after Torment. 

Boy these are flying! Geneforge Collection and Wing Command 4 blew through 250 copies each in 2 minutes total.

Their servers get destroyed on every free game, plus they only stock a handful. Still worth a try if you can have the window open in the corner of your screen.

For some reason this flash sale format really destroys my impulse control. Also got Baldur's Gate Original Saga for $2 and Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition for $4.

So far they got me for Chronicles of Riddick, Dark Athena, The Real Texas, Jade Empire, Retro City Rampage.

Watching the bar drain is addicting! I've got bargain fever!

Edit: i'm just going to keep updating my SHAME LIST.

I forgot this was going on, which is probably a good thing since it would blow what little chance I had left of making my goal of a Games Beaten/Games Purchased ratio greater than one for the year.

got Total Annihilation for $1.49 and Expeditions: Conquistador for $5, two games I know I won't play until I have something to play them on that isn't a macbook air but I'll always be excited about the prospect of learning to play them. like I have been about all of those paradox games I've had sitting in my steam library untouched for months

got Total Annihilation for $1.49 and Expeditions: Conquistador for $5, two games I know I won't play until I have something to play them on that isn't a macbook air but I'll always be excited about the prospect of learning to play them. like I have been about all of those paradox games I've had sitting in my steam library untouched for months

I got Expeditions as well.  I've wanted it for awhile, but not at $15.  I also got I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream for $1.93, which I am super stoked about.  That's one of my favorite sci-fi short stories of all time, and I've always wanted to try the creepy game version of it.  I got those two within the first 15 minutes, and then promptly quit watching, as I realized I was just going to keep spending money.

Gamefly Digital is actually also having a pretty good sale, just beware if you want Steam-registered games - everything Ubisoft activates on uPlay

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/323307-gamefly-pc-sales-black-friday-and-beyond/

Highlights are $16 Rayman Legends, $8 Civ V BNW, Skyrim DLC cheaper than the Steam sale, Need For Speed Rivals and Battlefield 4 $32 each

Is Steam spying on me? Why do they always seem to pick the exact moment I have my backlog under control? *puts on tin foil hat*

But seriously, my wishlist might be big, but I don't see anything that isn't just 50% that I can't wait until they appear at 66 or 75%.

My first casualty is Rogue Legend which reached 66%

Btw... where is the sale activity? Or is that just with summer and winter sales?

I just noticed that if you scroll to the bottom of the Steam store front page, it's upside down.  It also says Spring Sale 2013 but has Nov. 27-Dec 3 as the dates.  If you click on the Featured Items button, the page flips and everything else becomes upside down.  If you click one of the other buttons, it takes you to the page, but flipped.  I feel like this means something.

I'm pretty tempted to get RPG Maker.... the last time I "had" one, I spent ages creating a town and never did much more... ¬_¬U

I just noticed that if you scroll to the bottom of the Steam store front page, it's upside down.  It also says Spring Sale 2013 but has Nov. 27-Dec 3 as the dates.  If you click on the Featured Items button, the page flips and everything else becomes upside down.  If you click one of the other buttons, it takes you to the page, but flipped.  I feel like this means something.

Think... hemispheres.

Well, it would be Spring in the Southern Hemisphere, right? I don't know if they call it Spring, but I know they have Spring's weather now.

Hmm, have any important or noteworthy games been developed there lately? 

So far I fell victim to the bargains of Rogue Legacy and Gone Home. Seriously, Gone Home was 5 (five) Contintental Shekels.

Think... hemispheres.

That did occur to me.  I guess I just thought that different regions would have a different store homepage.  Plus I was confused by everything getting flipped when you click on the link.

If anyone spots Dark Messiah in a flash sale down to £2 or £3, pleeeease buy it to gift to me and I'll pay you back! (Check here to make sure no one has already done so, though!) I keep missing that game every time it goes on sale somewhere...

Deal of the day, for me, was grabbing Beyond: Two Souls for $5 in a Lightning Deal along with a trade-in promotional credit for it that I thought I'd never use. Can't get much better than that!

Tempted by Skyrim Dragonborn for $10 on Steam, Far Cry 3 (Steam edition) for $7.50 on AmazonDD, and Assassin's Creed 3 Digital Deluxe (Steam edition) for $15 on Amazon DD. Still looking for a great deal on Rayman Legends and maybe Assassin's Creed 4.

Otherwise, I think I might make it out of BF week spending less than $100 on games, which I find goddamn amazing.