JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

One more day, people! One more day and then I, AND THE WORLD, find out what inside the Squeenix Mystery Box. SO EXCITED I JUST CANT HIDE IT

I'm still debating whether to get one or not, the odds seems to be against me, I'm likely to get only one game I don't own which I'll probably be able to get for the same price as the bundle?

If it's only one game, the odds are that someone who did buy the box will have it also and gift the Steam code somewhere on the internet.

Meh, so far nothing seems cheaper than fall sale, I supposed the snowglobe thing is like the summer sale, the more you spend, they more cards you get?

:buyme:  Hey look, "Gun Monkeys" is 99p (for the now-standard two-copy pack) and the "Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition"/"Time Gentlemen, Please!" bundle is 26p!

There's also a few good deals on iOS currently, Anomaly 2, Ghost Trick, Were 69p each as are Bastion and Frozen. Synapse. Also got The Room, and Angry Birds Star Wars 2 for free .

There are a few board game adaptations cheap now too both Agricola and Small world are £2.99 which is about as low as they have gone & a lot cheaper than the cardboard version

Crud! Bioshock Infinite Season pass was $5 when the sale started, and I waited. I guess it was a mistake and it's now full price again. Never wait! Always impulse buy!

If it's only one game, the odds are that someone who did buy the box will have it also and gift the Steam code somewhere on the internet.

Well, i'll have a few keys for things to give out it seems. Fable III any good?

Well, i'll have a few keys for things to give out it seems. Fable III any good?

As a fan of Fable I and Fable II, I'd say that it's not very good. If you didn't play either, I imagine it'll feel pretty good. It's just that it's very much on the descending end of the bell curve of that series of pretty good games.

Crud! Bioshock Infinite Season pass was $5 when the sale started, and I waited. I guess it was a mistake and it's now full price again. Never wait! Always impulse buy!

It's likely to be in the "encore day" but does it include Burial at Sea?

It's likely to be in the "encore day" but does it include Burial at Sea?

Yeah, the SP includes Clouds, and BaS 1 & 2. a fair deal at 19.99 I guess, but still. crud.

Fable 3 is fine, though nowhere near as fun and imaginitive as 2.

SO! The Square Mystery Enix Box! It contained the following:

Tomb Raider (wotta surprise!)

Just Cause 2

Hitman: Blood Money (fuck off, not Absolution?)

Dungeon Siege 3

So, all in all a decent package, with Tomb Raider the only one that jumps out as a real steal and on my 'going to play soon' list. No Final Fantasy in any case, neither 7, nor 8, nor 14, which is a bit of a shame. The thing is wholly western now, not a single Japanese game in the bunch. Remind me which company this was, again?

Blood Money is ten times better than Absolution.

Fo' sho'

ALSO, EVERYONE BUY SUPER HEXAGON HOLY FUCKING BALLS IT'S SO GOOD WHY DON'T YOU HAVE IT IT'S 60 CENTS IT'S SO GOOD GET IT HOLY SHIT FUCK.

S'pretty good.

I just bought Kingdom of Dragon Pass from the apple app-store for $6.

Gormongous claimed that it's the definative version of a favorite game.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable when seeing huge discounts on "Early Access Games"? I don't even like that they call them that when it's really you paying for being a Beta Tester.

Do beta testers usually get the final product as well? If so, I need to sign up for some betas.

I have no idea, "early access" games seems to be somewhere between a beta test and a funding project, I mostly feel uncomfortable since there is a chance the project won't be finished or what it promises to be.

I've played some "Greenlit" and early access games before they were released on Steam and while some actually try to improve and polish the game, some still felt like they still should be in beta testing. 

But I guess that's the problem, some people are actually working hard and listening to the people who bought it to improve the game and some aren't, which why I've said I'm just uncomfortable with it instead of against it. 

Right now Deponia is on a flash sale for 1,99. I had heaps of fun with it, so get it if you like adventures.

You are right to feel uncomfortable about early-access games. Don't buy them until they are complete if you don't want to test an unfinished game.

Of course, if you want to play and test an unfinished game, early-access may be for you.