Runner 2 - XBLA - $7.49

The Wolf Among Us - Steam - $16.74

Teleglitch - Steam - $6.49

XCOM: EU + 2 DLC and X-Com Complete Pack (WW) - Amazon Steam Key - $9.99

Time Gentlemen, Please! - Steam - $0.44

The Last Of Us - $34.99

XCOM: Enemy Within - 360 - $24.99

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection - PS3 - $29.99

Edit: Just added Mario 64 DS to the list, $14.99 at Best Buy and I had a $5 off certificate that I used.

Apart from a few digital comics, I got:

-DuckTales Remastered

-Chainsaw Warrior

-Super Wagon Adventure

-Monaco

-Gunpoint

I made it through with relatively minimal damage:

Last of Us

Rogue Legacy

Papers Please

Spelunky

I was on the fence on Stanley Parable and Metro: Last Light but decided to wait until the next sale and see how much of a dent in my backlog I could make by then. Also I had to really fight off the urge to get a 3DS XL...even with the markdowns I couldn't justify spending that much money for the 1 or 2 games I want to play on it. I'll cave eventually of course.

Edit: Forgot to mention I had a couple bucks in my Steam wallet from selling trading cards. So thanks to whoever it is out there that buys those things!

Dang, it's like you guys have self-control or something.  :unsure:

My general plan for these things is to use/consume them as quickly as possible, as soon as possible. I'm tired of spending a ton of money on good deals, only to not play them until the deal I got was not so good by the current standards of that time. I started playing Stanley Parable last night, so even if it's $5 next Spring I'll at least have fully experienced it by then and hopefully feel no regrets at buying it even at the higher relative price.

Anyone else misinterpret the Steam sale thing and assume that there was one day left (today)? Seemed a little oblique to me, especially since the countdown timers still read "XX:XX until new deals!" even just yesterday.

Yes. I wanted to buy ROTT before the sale was over. But it was suddenly over. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks for the xmas sale.

Yes, I was also going to buy Rise of the Triad and some other cheap games, but I don't really mind... Like elmuerte said the Xmas sale is around the corner!

I was also confused. But I was just going to buy Risk of Rain for 9 dollars instead of 10 dollars so... FUCK THAT PRE-ORDER CANCELLED.

By the way, anyone who's a heavy Steam user and cares remotely about saving money should install the Enhanced Steam browser extension. It does a bunch of cool stuff, most notably on each game page show you the current and historical lowest prices across all store sites that offer Steam keys. It also displays icons everywhere on the site showing what you own, what's on your wishlist, what you have coupons for, what your friends own... pretty much everything. It'll even do complicated stuff like work out how much you save in a package if you already own some of the games in it. I discovered it a few months back, and it's become hard to live without. (Though making it so easy to find good deals means my backlog has been increasing at a higher rate than ever... such is life.)

I was surprised by how many devs / publishers were part of the recent sale. Usually there's a small but noticeable number of holdouts that don't lower their prices much or at all, but this time it felt like 90% of games were at least 33% off for the whole time. I guess Valve is able to just show people the money.

Doesn't the typical heavy Steam user have it installed rather than go via browser?

There's functionally no difference between using the browser and the application, it'd take the slightest change in behavior to use that app. I've seen screenshots of people using it, never took the time to find it. Thanks, Laco.

I bought one thing: a 3DS XL, because I intended to by the end of the year and I was able to get $50 off of one without changing out of my pyjamas. Black Friday success.

I got like 10 2€ games from the sale. Incredipede probably the best. Also got some PS3 games but that was just because I had only recently got it set up again. I wanted Metro Last Light and The Last Express, but the account I use only for online buying ran out and I was too lazy to add more money to it. This sales season is turning out as bad as the one from two years ago -- still haven't played all the games I bought then.

I got 2 copies of Gone Home, The Cave, and the first 3 Blackwell games (I've had the 4th for a while from a bundle). I paid for everything with money from selling trading cards.

There's functionally no difference between using the browser and the application, it'd take the slightest change in behavior to use that app.

The browser doesn't have Library, it doesn't have little stuff like pop-ups when a friend logs in, plus it asks me regularly for log-in details and emailed codes. I didn't say it would take a large change in behaviour, I just asked a question.

The browser doesn't have Library, it doesn't have little stuff like pop-ups when a friend logs in, plus it asks me regularly for log-in details and emailed codes. I didn't say it would take a large change in behaviour, I just asked a question.

Enhanced Steam adds a Library page to the website ;)

When I'm shopping for games, I usually use the site because I get all the goodness of whatever browser I like, with multiple tabs, proper fullscreen, keyword search, etc. I have the Steam client running most of the time, but I mostly only use it for actually playing games and chatting with people. But then, I always prefer browsing and shopping in stores through a regular browser, even on PSN. If the 3DS had a web store, I'd use that exclusively.

Enhanced Steam adds a Library page to the website ;)

Yeah, I was just responding to Jon Cole saying (unless I misunderstood) that there is no functional difference between the vanilla site and the installed program.

Anyway, you gave me my answer: the heavy Steam user uses both! I'll definitely give this a look, thanks Laco.

I meant that there's no functional difference in using the store on the browser and in the program, which in hindsight is a bit of a moot point. Can't say I know why it's asking you to log back in as often as you suggest. You should be able to authorize the computer/IP address and have it not ask for verification codes again.

Then again, Steam can be quite wonky sometimes so I suppose anything's possible.

In PAL regions Spelunky on PS3+Vita is currently half price, or less for PS+ subscribers. I picked it up for AU$9.32. They just added the daily challenge mode to this version, so if you're remotely interested there's now no excuse.

(In news that will surprise nobody, the PSN store is really fucking weird. It's a Cross-Buy game, but two separate entries show up in the store.The above blog post doesn't even mention it's on PS3, and the PS3 version in the store is full price. If I were Sony I'd be promoting the shit out of Cross-Buy ("Two games for the price of one!"), but they seem determined to hide it away.)

^I only see the Vita version for sale. The PS3 version is still showing up as full price. :/

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with the weirdness of the store. Every indication (apart from "Cross-platform play", hidden at the bottom of the features list for the Vita version), is that the two versions are separate, but they're not. I only bought the discounted Vita version, but now both are marked as Purchased in my library.

Then again, Steam can be quite wonky sometimes so I suppose anything's possible.

Yeah, this, I think. It's possibly also because I mostly use the program so when I go to the site it needs authorisation every time, though this doesn't happen with using the program on two separate PCs...

Sale going on for games nominated for Spike's new dumb VGAs -

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/vgx

Highlights include Kentucky Route Zero, Stanley Parable, Papers Please, Gone Home, and Brothers. A bunch of other good stuff, naturally, but I just mentioned those that I think particularly appeal to Thumbs.