JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Damn it Steam, quit tempting me to buy things so shortly before the One True Sale starts. It is going to start... right?

Edit: Whoa cool, thanks Activision.

UUPdm5G.png

XCOM: Enemy Within is $16 and Metro: Last Light is $11 on Gamefly Digital (Steam code) with coupon code GFDDEC20. Other games on this list are also on sale and eligible for that 20% off code, but those seemed most relevant to Thumbs interests -

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/551

Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are available on GOG.com right now for the amazing price of FREE.

I've probably spent more money on GOG sales than I have on Steam sales at this point. it's worth mentioning now that every day throughout the sale you can claim a special deal from 1 of 3 boxes, one being a classic, another being a new game and the final being random. i don't know if it's the same for everyone, but the classic for me today was Sim City 2000 for $1.79. unfortunately i already owned it

edit: picked up Crusader: No Remorse, Septerra Core, Shadow Man and MDK all for $11.36. all for my mac, too. the mac support is really great, god knows how much i'd spend if i had a pc

I haven't been paying too much attention to the free PSN Mobile game thing, but at this moment, Super Crate Box is free.

Square Enix have a christmas mystery box bit at the moment: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/Square-Enix-Christmas-Surprise.php

For not much coin you get four mystery games from their catalogue, Steam keys obviously. It's a toss-up which ones. I'm hoping Final Fantasy VIII is in there, which has just been released, but it's by far no certainty. What seems to be, though, is the new Tomb Raider. Its system requirement match up with the ones given on the mystery box page. So whatever else is in there, it's sure to a fine deal (even if most of the games are regularly discounted on Steam and elsewhere).

I really don't like the idea of "mystery games", I don't think I own and Squenix games on Steam except for Tomb Raider and Deus Ex. At first I thought it was just one game at random from four.

I wonder if the four games will be the same for everyone. If it's just four of their most popular ones, I'm likely to get Tomb Raider and Deus Ex again and probably one of the Final Fantasy games. Rodi, didn't you say they now have an option to play fully leveled up? That might make it worth playing again.

Oh, I also just remembered that they own Hitman... Man, the chances of getting a game I don't own are really slim now.  :|

You get four games, that are 'thoughtfully put together', meaning it'll be the same for everyone. I'd hazard it'll have one modern big budget game and a few smaller ones. Wouldn't be surprised if it had Final Fantasy VII in it. Which features, to be precise, a character booster that maxes out your HP, MP and Gil. It doesn't give you extra strength, so battles take just as long, just without the chance of dying. It also doesn't diminsh the crazy amount of random battles you have to do, which is a source of major annoyance.

If you have an Android device, Double Fine's Dropchord is free from the Amazon App Store today.

Can you get it if you have a Droid that's not Kindle?

Hmm, I can't remember if it lasts two or three weeks, but you're probably right.

If you have an Android device, Double Fine's Dropchord is free from the Amazon App Store today.

Sweet, thanks, just got that! Game is way too hard for me though. I may just not be dextrous enough.

Anybody want to split a Starbound 4-pack? It'd be $11.25 a head, if I can find three others.

Anybody want to split a Starbound 4-pack? It'd be $11.25 a head, if I can find three others.

I, and two friends, were probably going to get us a four pack. So you can get our extra copy?

Sweet, thanks, just got that! Game is way too hard for me though. I may just not be dextrous enough.

I don't think it's just you. The controls always made me feel like I was a step behind when I played it on my phone. The best results I've had with is playing it on my tablet propped up at an angle, but even then it's not great. Maybe the Leap Motion version on PC works better? I don't know anyone with a Leap to confirm.

I, and two friends, were probably going to get us a four pack. So you can get our extra copy?

Yeah, if you'd be willing to have me that'd be great. Let me know how you want to handle the money stuff.

OK, I took the plunge and bought Square Enix' Mystery Box. I'll be extraordinarily displeased if it turns out to be four copies of Just Cause 2. Just sayin'. On the 20th of December I'll report back on the finding!

On that note, Just Cause 2 is $3 on Steam right now, I imagine in honor of the multiplayer mod. Good a time as any to pick up that rad game.