JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Paying $10 or more for this week's Humble Weekly Bundle gets you Euro Truck Simulator 2 with an "exclusive" paint job pack -- Fantasy Paint Jobs. (Plus some other games I guess.)

Do I hate myself enough to pay $10 for a texture of a wizard?

About the Other Games, Cook Serve Delicious is actually pretty fun. It's a very simple premise but they really get a lot out of it so it's good for a play.

I missed out the super cheap price of Earthbound on the WiiU's Virtual Console, but it's 40% off now. Also, if you own one of the NES Remix games you can get the other one at a cheaper price too.

Amazon's got a digital game sale going on right now because of Quakecon.  Includes the new Wolfenstein at 50% off if you didn't get it during the Steam sale.

Steam and Green Man Gaming are also having some sales, but Amazon seems to have the lowest prices.

Actually, not true re: GMG considering they have a 20% off code that lasts for another almost 4 hours - P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9

Using that code on Wolfenstein (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/wolfenstein-new-order/) would bring it down to $24.

Actually, not true re: GMG considering they have a 20% off code that lasts for another almost 4 hours - P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9

Using that code on Wolfenstein (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/wolfenstein-new-order/) would bring it down to $24.

Good catch.  I only took a quick glance at everything so there's bound to be some other min/maxing to be done.

Goddammit, I could have done with that voucher code yesterday when I bought Wolfenstein 3D for 74p. hotukdeals.com and Green Man Gaming's email sender both failed me when I needed them most. 

I have three coupons on steam if anyone is interested, I don't want anything for them, just figure someone can use them:

50% off Pixel Puzzles: Japan (Expires 7/26)

66% off 10 Second Ninja(Expires 7/29)

66% off Richard & Alice (Expires 7/29)

If you are interested send cordeos a message on steam.

Would anyone in here be interested in paying for or trading for a copy of Watch_Dogs for PC? I'm considering buying a video card that comes with a gift copy of it but it's really testing my disposable income this month and anything to soften the blow would be nice. I don't expect full retail for it, $20 or something like that is what I'm thinking.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this! Please contact me via PM if you're at all interested.

Firefall releases to the public and is free to play today. I booted it up last night (as I have beta access) and tried it out. It's come a very long way from when I got into the beta almost two years ago. I'm not sure if it's come far enough, but why not try it for free?

downloaded this last night and going to give a try - S.O. is out of town next few days so might be a long "try".  or will devolve to dota like usual

add me if anyone is interested, steam: undermind9

New Thief €9,99 on humble. I am playing through Thief 1 for the first time right now.. is new Thief worth playing? I'll admit I'm tempted by those first person hand animations and high budget environments..

So, if you have Origin, you can get a free copy of "Wing Commander 3", which seems like a pretty cool deal.

...the reason I bring it up is because I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions on the game one way or the other (I know the Wing Commander series is generally fondly remembered, but I was wondering about 3 specifically)... either way I'm still going to be playing it when it finishes downloading.

So, if you have Origin, you can get a free copy of "Wing Commander 3", which seems like a pretty cool deal.

...the reason I bring it up is because I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions on the game one way or the other (I know the Wing Commander series is generally fondly remembered, but I was wondering about 3 specifically)... either way I'm still going to be playing it when it finishes downloading.

I upgraded my PC for the first time for that game. I was blown away by the cutscenes but also by the 3d visuals. Visible, transparent shields, holy shit!

I played through the game in 3 afternoons after school which was kinda disappointing. It was the first WC game I played, I was an XWing / TIE Fighter guy, and WC was a game my Amiga 500 friends used to play (C64->PC here). It always looked cool, but playing it, it felt a bit simple in some ways.

The non-linear story aspects (you could annoy people) were somewhat bad IMO. If you skipped every possible dialogue, soon enough everyone would hate you.

I'm a little afraid to go back to it. I loved the game - even though back then it felt short and kinda simple, I thought very highly of it. I still have the CDs lying around somewhere. Nostalgia is a bitch though. I found very few games actually hold up after 20 years.

I think my biggest problem nowadays would be to find a joystick for it. Maybe I'll get back to it when/if I get one for StarCitizen.

So I actually downloaded and tried it out. Keeping in mind that I've never played a Wing Commander game, or even X-Wing or TIE Fighter or any of those old PC space-combat type games.

It seems pretty fun, but I really should have printed out (or copied down in a notebook or something) the control reference card. I basically had no idea what I was doing when I eventually got into my ship and started flying around. Luckily I had taken a quick glance at it earlier and had remembered which buttons controlled the throttle, otherwise I wouldn't have even made it out of the hanger... I ended up having to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it because I couldn't figure out how to exit the game (which, again, was on the reference card, Alt-X).

I enjoyed the cutscene stuff (but then I'm kind of a sucker for old FMV scenes in games...) and I look forward to making more progress, but that definitely won't be happening without the list of controls easily accessible in front of my face.

Insurgency is having a free weekend on Steam. If you enjoy hardcore-modes of objective-based games like Search & Destroy in Call of Duty, then don't hestitate to download this game and try it out. It gets incredibly tense, very fast and the spawn-wave/objective style works to make the game feel rewarding without being too incredibly punishing. I'm playing a lot of it lately. 

Origin has Titanfall (PC) on sale for another +/-3.5 days

$20 for base

$36 for deluxe (season pass)

http://tw.gs/X4S8h2

*is this still a 50gb install? or did they patch away the excessive uncompressed audio

*is this still a 50gb install? or did they patch away the excessive uncompressed audio

The system specs say it requires 50GB of data, so I'm guessing yes :(

Dishonored seems to be free to play on Steam for the next couple of days, or 75% off to buy.