JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Well I meant that it's discounted compared to the RRP being shown on Steam. It might not actually show as a discount. The voucher works, though. I got it for £24 total, which would be €30.

This is kind of a deal - if you buy last-gen Destiny digitally, you can get a free upgrade to next-gen - http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

So, for instance if you've yet to buy a PS4, buy it for PS3 on the PSN store and you can eventually download the PS4 version at no cost (granted you do whatever steps are necessary to redeem the offer in the provided window).

The Humble Store is giving out free copies of Warlock: Master of the Arcane today - https://www.humblebundle.com/store

No purchase necessary and it comes with a Steam key that you can redeem directly to Steam if your Humble account is linked.

Being on Green Man Gaming's email list is worthwhile. I routinely get 25% vouchers. I'm very tempted to pick up ALIEN for less than $40, especially with the included Nostromo DLC.

Well, just bought Gone Home again.

It's actually the first time this has happened to me in a Humble Bundle.  They plan these well!

I just bought it (thanks for the reminder!) just so I can gift Gone Home to someone, plus I get Luftrausers and Prison Architect out of it as a bonus.

Yeah, I have an extra Gone Home too, speaking of Humble Bundle the deals are pretty sweet at the store. Is Godus as bad as I fear? It's only 5$, but if it's just a bad Populus, then I don't care.

Steam has a Capcom sale and RE 6 is 75% off... Does anybody think it's worth it? Or Lost Planet 3? 

I couldn't get through RE6, even in co-op.  It wasn't terrible, but I just couldn't find anything in it that I cared about. 

I saw that owners of Hotline Miami got free coupons for Nidhogg at 50% off, but the Humble Store is running a summer sale that has it for 66% off/$5 - https://www.humblebundle.com/store

There are also flash deals and stuff going on, including Banished at $6 for the next two hours or so.

For the first time in 10 years I own a computer that can play contemporary games and the only one I really want is Crusader Kings II. Currently the Humble Store has it at £13.99 with a bewildering assortment of DLC, is this a wise purchase or is it liable to be cheaper on Steam or elsewhere at some point? I've basically never bought a PC game that wasn't on a disc (an a CD at that) so I don't know what I can realistically hope for from these fancy internet services and to be honest the volume of DLC intimidates me rather than tempting the sale.

Is Bejeweled 3 free on Origin right now? If so, I recommend getting it. I love poker and the digging one. 

Steam has a Warner Bros. sale and the Batman games are cheap... Isn't Blackgate the iOS Batman game? I'm surprised it's here, is Origins worth it? I'm kinda burned out on Batman.

And I don't how bad it's going to be, I'm getting the Scooby-Doo and Looney Tunes Universe game. >:(

Blackgate is the 3DS/PSV game. I heard it's actually pretty good, though I don't know anything about the port to PC.

Steam is running a sale on all Paradox-published games until Tuesday. Crusader Kings 2 and most of its DLC is 75% off, with everything else on sale for 50% off. You can get the game and every piece of DLC ever released for it for forty bucks. That's tremendous.

Is Origins worth it? I'm kinda burned out on Batman.

I wouldn't recommend playing through Origins if you're not craving more Batman. They repurpose the level geometry of Arkham City and the story itself is not as compelling as the previous two games. The art design is rooted a little more in realism, but that's not enough to recommend the game to someone who's lukewarm on the prospect of more freeflow combat. You're better off just waiting for Arkham Knight at this point, honestly.

Steam is running a sale on all Paradox-published games until Tuesday. Crusader Kings 2 and most of its DLC is 75% off, with everything else on sale for 50% off. You can get the game and every piece of DLC ever released for it for forty bucks. That's tremendous.

I'm not sure if I can recommend CK2 anymore.