gdf

Life

I woke up to a legit health problem that comes with age (as early as 30) and am extremely bummed out and embarrassed for some reason.

Would it be intrusive to ask what this age related health problem is? 

I only ask because the fact you're not mentioning makes me immediately think "erectile dysfunction." Which says way more about me than you.

Hemorrhoids is my guess, goes with the username.

Nah that I'd openly admit to having. Not that the name has anything to do with it. Easily stressed people have awesome physical afflictions. I should write a book.

And I'm gonna keep quiet about the specifics of what happened. I only spoke to one friend about it and she agreed a doctor's appointment is in order.

It's easier for me to face my own obstacles in life than it is to watch her struggle with hers and feel helpless.

Yeah, not looking forwards to this. Much strength to you.

I only spoke to one friend about it and she agreed a doctor's appointment is in order.

Ok, sorry I brought it up. Sounds serious! Hope it isn't anything serious though.

Target just announced that they're closing all of their Canadian stores just a few short years after buying up virtually all Zellers locations and replacing them with Targets, which means that we now basically just have Wal-Mart here as far as department stores go. Ugh.

That's a shame. Around here Target is one of my favored department stores, that and Fred Meyer (part of Kroger.)

Target just announced that they're closing all of their Canadian stores just a few short years after buying up virtually all Zellers locations and replacing them with Targets, which means that we now basically just have Wal-Mart here as far as department stores go. Ugh.

There's still The Bay. That counts as a department store, right?

Remember back in October when the guy who was one of my best boss' ever at Starbucks lost his job over bullshit? He landed on his feet as the Electronics and Food department manager (weird combination, right?) at a nearby Target. He has not had a good few months.

I banged my pinkie toe this morning as I was drowsily stumbling to the bathroom.  It hurt a lot at the time but the pain has gone down since then.  I hope I don't have a broken toe, I've never broken a bone in my life.

There's still The Bay. That counts as a department store, right?

The one here closed when I moved in, along with the entire mall it was located in.

I almost lived like two blocks away from a mall with a food court. OnO

So I went to work this morning after kicking the wall because I didn't think it was that bad.  After a couple hours, I took a look at it and my toe had started to turn purple.  I figured I had better get it looked it.  One doctor visit later, and I have indeed broken my toe.  First time I've ever broken anything.  Only took me 30 years.

That blows.  Hopefully it's not too much of a hassle, not much you can do about a broken toe as far as I know.

I've never broken anything either, which is shocking given some of my hobbies and accidents over the years. 

So I went to work this morning after kicking the wall because I didn't think it was that bad.  After a couple hours, I took a look at it and my toe had started to turn purple.  I figured I had better get it looked it.  One doctor visit later, and I have indeed broken my toe.  First time I've ever broken anything.  Only took me 30 years.

Ouch, sorry to hear that! Congratulations and condolences on your first break.

It's pretty minor as far as these things go.  Don't need a cast or splint or anything.  They just taped it to the next toe and told me to take it easy for a couple days.  Got me out of work early though.

Well, hopefully by April or Summer, my girlfriend and I are going to be moving in together.

Congratulations on soon moving in with your girlfriends named April and Summer.

Hah, felt great for me to be back on health insurance (although I have had it, I didn't need it until recently), and then I learned I'd still be paying thousands to fix my teeth. I mean I guess I've lived with a fucked up mouth since I was born, but it'd be nice to be able to bite into an apple without having to slice it up first for the first time since before my baby teeth started falling out and I didn't grow in seven adult teeth (I think it's seven), including both of my bottom front teeth...

Not to mention my misaligned spinal disc, and the glasses my insurance didn't pay for (oh, I'm getting glasses for the first time ever! that's cool, I guess).

Life is great. Money isn't a problem at all. Hurray!

I have now been offered three sweet full time animation jobs since I started going back to school and working at Starbucks due to lack of work and skills for over a year. MOTHER FUCKER!

I'm not trying to brag it's just now I'm not sure if I did the right thing, but I have to stay the course.

I think...

Christ.

Um hmmm. 

If I had been offered a full-time position while I was in school, I would have taken it. I have friends who did it, and they have never regretted doing so, as far as I know. Though we are all programmers, so perhaps that's different.