gdf

Life

Having gotten bored of my self diagnosed lactose intolerance (yes I know - dumbass) I've been eating yoghurt every day too for the last few weeks. My shits have been tearing me a new asshole, but gosh they are solid now. So, woo, I guess, sort of.

Ha, it's kind of funny to see that conversation resurrected.

As for clogging, maybe?  I'll put the rest in a spoiler, in case people don't want to read about toilet physics and my personal observations on pooping.

spoilers!

Hahaha! I misread what you meant by "mixing in a daily helping of yogurt" and thought you were adding some to your cistern or something. All this time. All this time.

Is it just a safety thing then on why no class reunions take place in the actual high school?

I would love to just walk around my old schools and just get drunk on the nostalgia, but stupid laws and all.

You can sort of just do this part with Facebook now. So chances are if they are interested in what became of you, they already know and vice versa.

I imagine it has to do with alcohol policies.

After having a truly lousy time middle school, I ended up home-schooling for the first two years and then Running Start for the last two. While I know some of the folks around high school, I haven't seen most of them since 7th grade so I don't know if there would really be a point to going to a reunion. It would be pretty awesome to have a community college reunion from my Running Start days, but it would be near impossible to plan one since everyone was pulling different class loads, widely differing ages, and odd graduation dates.

Hahaha! I misread what you meant by "mixing in a daily helping of yogurt" and thought you were adding some to your cistern or something. All this time. All this time.

I am laughing so hard right now.

It would be pretty awesome to have a community college reunion from my Running Start days, but it would be near impossible to plan one since everyone was pulling different class loads, widely differing ages, and odd graduation dates.

Weirdly enough, I've stayed in closer contact with the people I met at community college than I have the people I actually graduated with from the university. I was an older, non-traditional student by the time I graduated, so felt like I had a lot more in common with the other people at juco than I did KU.

501 pages, wow.

I actually started my new job as a Database Coordinator after months of uncertainty. Since I'm still working in the same building and training my replacement, it doesn't feel totally different but the new office directory came out and I'm in a completely different part of it. So that feels nice.

One thing I'm quickly learning is how insane it is how many databases of varying quality are used in the non-profit world, even for the exact same kinds of services just in different counties.

I rolled my ankle earlier today. I walked around on it and it felt perfectly fine for most of the day, then as soon as I got home and laid down for a while it started to hurt like hell. I put an ice compress on it earlier and I'm still limping around.

I got put on antidepressants again today. I've tried a couple of different kinds over the years and not had much luck, but I guess it's time to give it another go.

Those last two comments have given me a better perspective on my own problems. Sorry to hear you guys are going through such a rough period.

I was plagued by depression in my late teens and early twenties and it still reers its ugly head from time to time but never to the point of disconnect from people.

I suffer from an inability to properly empathise with people (as in to emotionally feel for other people - I do understand when people are suffering and recognise that it sucks), that I think was triggered by the heavy depression years, I am getting better at it. Megaspel - it sounds to me like you should be talking to someone professional about this because that sounds like the lowest point of depression. Self-medication is never something I recommend.

I got married about 4-5 months ago and my, now, wife is going through the painful process of trying to reapply for a VISA. I was going to write a sob story about the stress of trying to balance a job and deal with getting all the documentation together, talking to lawyers as well as my wife freaking out about it in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning (or, basically whenever I am emotionally unavailable). Really though, I have met this awesome person who is willing to risk spending an inordinate amount of time with me and seems to be able to put up with my shit. The struggle that is currently gone is like a validation of it being worhtwhile.

Depression sucks. I had it in my early/mid teens, but fortunately I've been pretty free from it for about 10 years. Occasionally it comes back for a week or so, but nothing like what you guys are going through. 

All that's happened to me recently is that I got hit by a car while cycling home from work. Bike's damaged, but the motorist is paying. My ankle's a bit fucked up, but I'm not the kind of person who would milk something and sue over an accident. Especially as I can still walk (just not run).

My thought process is that eventually I'll be able to feel good things again, and when that happens, I want to be in a successful life and good environment, so I just tried as hard as I could to get there

Amen to that.

Oh, and thanks to Nach for making Life post #10000.

For the last two months I've been sneaking thumbs jokes into my roommate's life, who listens voraciously but doesn't know that I do too.

The boldest thing so far was putting horse stickers on his backpack, listening to him chuckle about horsebag and clumsily attempt to explain it when I ask.

For the last two months I've been sneaking thumbs jokes into my roommate's life, who listens voraciously but doesn't know that I do too.

The boldest thing so far was putting horse stickers on his backpack, listening to him chuckle about horsebag and clumsily attempt to explain it when I ask.

Oh my god, so he doesn't even know the oft-referenced portraits are yours? That is excellent.

Oh my god, so he doesn't even know the oft-referenced portraits are yours? That is excellent.

That didn't occur to me. That's amazing.

Yeah, that was also my immediate thought.

I think this is how you're going to have to end it: with giant prints of your art with the cast. Deny all knowledge.

"These portraits? I just painted some people I found on Google images. You're saying they found em and made prints or something? Yeah right dude."

Oh that's priceless Blambo :)

Oh, and thanks to Nach for making Life post #10000.

Didn't realise!

… I only half wish I'd written it about something else ¬¬

Haha I should totally end the con by ordering door size prints and attach it to the back of his closet door. There's a window of opportunity where I can have him see it, return before he does, and remove them.

My dads retiring this week which since it happens to also roughly coincide with his birthday (with my sisters following next week) means of got a busy week of family stuff upcoming. Me and my sis are going to take him and my mum out for a nice meal which I hope will be a nice gesture after all they have done for us over the years, but on a more basic level it will simply just be legitimately nice to get the family together in a way that doesn't happen too often to have a couple of days celebrating stuff.

Its also made me realise i think i prefer celebrating other peoples birthdays etc far my than i do my own in a way i couldn't contemplate when i was a kid, i wonder if that's just something we all get to a extent as we get older.

All that's happened to me recently is that I got hit by a car while cycling home from work. Bike's damaged, but the motorist is paying. My ankle's a bit fucked up, but I'm not the kind of person who would milk something and sue over an accident. Especially as I can still walk (just not run).

Oh fuck, missed this earlier. Glad you're okay, and I hope that it all resolves itself quickly.

I'm thinking about shaving my beard off to start fresh for No Shave November. Anyone else do it? It kind of scares me. I haven't been clean shaven for at least 15 years, and I'm not sure what my chin looks like.

I'm always ready for No Shave November!

Every day!

Without shaving...

I'm thinking about shaving my beard off to start fresh for No Shave November. Anyone else do it? It kind of scares me. I haven't been clean shaven for at least 15 years, and I'm not sure what my chin looks like.

I am incredibly excited for November 1st, because then Halloween will have passed and I can shave off this awful goatee I grew for my Game of Thrones costume. I've cured myself of pretensions of facial hair for at least a year this time...