gdf

Life

Pleasantly surprised to find out my Uni's local (two-screen) cinema is playing Blue Jasmine in the coming week. Hooray!

That is actually not a bad idea.  Or I could hang a rope ladder from it and pretend like I have a huge treehouse.

Nope, the only other option is a fireman's pole. 

So they really messed up wiring my house.  I went to the breaker panel to open some breakers that way I wouldn't damage the appliances with the bad electrical wiring.  I flipped the breaker for the dryer and my fridge turned off.  I closed that breaker again and tried the fridge breaker.  Nothing happened.  I tried several more and basically nothing was wired like it should have been.  What the hell man.

: (

I've had problems like that from time to time. I'm going to ask the obvious here, but are you getting enough sleep? Are you unplugging and relaxing a little before you go to bed? Are you laying in bed doing other things instead of sleeping?

Since I'm sure the advice isn't helping much, is there anything we can do that would help? I could fire up my Terraria game or play something online if company would help.

Edit: Stupid frowny face looking all angry.

I never feel like I'm getting enough sleep, even when I wake up super late. I'm having a really hard time winding down, even if I read or whatever. I dunno' what to do. OnO

Is it possible you might have some sort of sleeping disorder, like sleep apnea or something? That might make it feel like you're not getting any sleep even when you're asleep for long periods of time.

So they really messed up wiring my house. I went to the breaker panel to open some breakers that way I wouldn't damage the appliances with the bad electrical wiring. I flipped the breaker for the dryer and my fridge turned off. I closed that breaker again and tried the fridge breaker. Nothing happened. I tried several more and basically nothing was wired like it should have been. What the hell man.

They didn't just label it wrong did they?

No.  The breakers are not all identical.  The dryer should be on a double breaker but apparently that's what the refridgerator is wired to.  Some are 20 amp, others are 15, but almost none of them are what they say or should be.

The coffee shop I go to every day by my apartment... Is now permanently closed. WHAT.

I need this Dallas job more than ever.

Speaking of: they told me I should know by Wednesday. The more time passes by, the more panicked I become. If I don't get this job, this one specifically, I am in danger of being more sad than ever. Ahhhhhh!

Are there any fellow UK readers going to Game City in Nottingham this year? was wondering if anyone fancies doing a small scale reader meetup?

Obviously Hot Scoops Gaynor is doing his talks/ diretor commentary stuff on Thursday/Friday so maybe that would be the ideal day for the majority, but sadly as strong as the urge is to be there to ask "is there a ghost?" i wont be there those days, I'm going to be there on the Monday & Tuesday (possibly wed morning too) so will miss out on all the gaynor goodness.

The girl I'm not interested in, who has a minor in art history, which I'd still be pressed to decide between that and Political Science as the most worthless and boring thing humanity has ever produced, is still notionally interested in me after she was the one that came over and hit on me over a year ago (which I admit is appealing because the whole "guy does everything" schtick is over rated to me).

The girl I am interested in, the one that likes Star Wars and Pokemon and reading books about entrepreneurs and animals seems perfectly happy to have a conversation or share a joke, and then perfectly happy to ignore me while she goes to talk to her friends fellow co-workers while I'm two feet away.

Maybe it's because I like science too much and clear and concise and verifiable answers. Or probably most guys go through something like this as well. Still

16_DEADPAN.jpg

Finally have some good news about my house.  Turns out a few weeks ago, before I even finished closing, one of the construction guys building the house next door knocked over a distribution box in the front yard.  They just set it back upright and never bothered to report it to the power company.  The electricians came over today, couldn't figure out what was going on in the breaker panel, and called the power company because the incoming power was inconsistant.  When the tech opened up the box, one of the cables to my house was completely loose and was in fact rubbing up against the side of the box.  They replaced the distribution box but the breakers were still being weird.  Apparently because of all this the water heater got messed up and was actually backfeeding into the grid, which meant that it was creating a circuit with the rest of the breakers so any time I flipped the water heater breaker, I'd shut off everything.  They're going to come replace the water heater tomorrow, hopefully.

Basically, the good news is I have stable electricity.  The bad news is I still have no hot water.  But it's better than it was a few days ago.

I suppose that it's a possibility, albeit a very remote one.  What actually happened was he turned off the power to that section of the neighborhood without warning anyone and several irate neighbors came out wondering what happened to their power.  Fortunately they got the new box in quickly so the outage was short.  I probably would have been annoyed too if it weren't for the fact that it would help fix my electrical problem.  Apparently everyone else's power worked just fine, the only one having an issue was me.  Guess I'm just lucky that way.

I just sent a mail to questions at idle thumbs with a spelling error in the title:(

I've met (well gotten to know after having met a year or so ago) a really cute Norwegian girl who likes a lot of the same metal as me, though she really doesn't appreciate my love of pop punk :D, not a gamer though. The awkward part is that another girl has been emailing me for a week or so who I'm pretty sure likes me, but I'm not that interested. I guess working out more in the past year has made a decent impact on not only my strength and well being it's also helped with the ladies :P

art history, which I'd still be pressed to decide between that and Political Science as the most worthless and boring thing humanity has ever produced

art history and political science are both awesome and interesting and the most worthless and boring thing humanity has ever produced is

probably

your

posting.

art history and political science are both awesome and interesting and the most worthless and boring thing humanity has ever produced is

probably

your

posting.

No please, let's get into which academic discipline is most worthwhile on a micro and on a macro level. If we can make it to the point where we're pulling cost-benefit analyses of being an English major vs. being a math major, that would be the best. Then we can all pull out our dicks and wave them around like crazy! Girls can use a tube sock or something, I don't know.

How about we all just try to agree that any average degree is worth more than something from one of those colleges that advertise on late-night-TV.

How about we all just try to agree that any average degree is worth more than something from one of those colleges that advertise on late-night-TV.

There was a time in my life I actually considered going to one of those.

I'm an art major and agree that art history is the most boring subject on the planet. I had to do sketches of the art we were talking about just trick myself into staying awake, and I still have 2 or 3 sections I need to take. Not looking forward to that. (full disclosure, my professor was also probably the most boring and bland person, so that likely didn't help either)

I'm an art major and agree that art history is the most boring subject on the planet. I had to do sketches of the art we were talking about just trick myself into staying awake, and I still have 2 or 3 sections I need to take. Not looking forward to that. (full disclosure, my professor was also probably the most boring and bland person, so that likely didn't help either)

I had a boring lecturer who made even quality control boring!