gdf

Life

Congratulations Stevan/Kingzjester!

I hope all your preparations for the wedding will go nicely.

It's going to be one hell of unique day for you when you get married, I had my day in this year's June. We got my wife's parents coming from Japan and it was pretty sweet day even though the preparations were like hell because of tight schedule.

We had the chance to do the invitation in two languages so we put it out in Finnish and Japanese. It was wicked cool to do that, I can imagine yours is even more amazing with three! :)

Couldn't had survived it without our families help (especially my brother's wife and my sister). I'm really thankful that mine and my wife's parents were not pain in the ass when we were making our quite low-key wedding preparations.

How big will your wedding be now then? Mine was only 40 people, because I have a small family and none of my wife's friends or family from Japan could unfortunately not attend, with the exception of her parents of course.

We are supposed to have a second low-key party in Japan next summer, but I have no idea how that will turn out to be...

Those are quite some parents-in laws you have, good luck with them and try not to let them have control over the day in December.

It is an annoying mess. A rogue mother-in-law and a conservative father-in-law with EXPECTATIONS about how things are supposed to happen. Plus, to make things more annoying, for the most part they are not actively being obstructionist. They're just being passively aggressive. And to top it off, I don't really have a complete picture of all that is going on. I just see wifey-to-be grinding her teeth as she sends a wall of allcaps text in the latest email exchange, and I feel like defending her, but I have no power over them. :deranged:

"Hello, and welcome to Married Life..." :yep:

But pre-emptive congratulations to you both, and best wishes for the day.

Just make sure you both don't loose your sense of humour about the in-laws--it makes a huge difference, believe me.

Congrats, Kingz. I read that you're getting married but that's all I know (fuck the length of that post).

Congrats, Kingz!

---

Moving onto why I'm writing here. I need to vent out on something.

I'm freaking myself out again. Every time I meet a nice but slightly disturbed person, someone in need of help, I'll find myself catering to their every need and wanting to take care of them. One of my ex's was like that. The downside being that I forget to look after myself, and when I do, I feel like total shit for not doing everything I can for them.

I was watching Skins today and I saw this episode, Cassey, where this anorexic girl, not without her share of mental problems, clearly needs to be loved. She's weird, but, I dunno, nice, and it occurred to me that I always like people like that. Is it something wrong with me? Am I insane?

Maybe I freaked myself out just because I'm slowly turning anorexic again. I was thin before, and then at one point I was anorexic, and then, at another, I wouldn't stop eating and got fat. Now that I'm slimming down, I think I'm slowly turning anorexic. This Cassey thing made me realise that I can't eat most foods anymore. I need to work on this.

I'll be alright.

---

Sorry, just wanted to vent out and know that someone who can't affect me and tell my parents read it. Heh.

Maybe I freaked myself out just because I'm slowly turning anorexic again. I was thin before, and then at one point I was anorexic, and then, at another, I wouldn't stop eating and got fat. Now that I'm slimming down, I think I'm slowly turning anorexic. This Cassey thing made me realise that I can't eat most foods anymore. I need to work on this.

Eating disorders are a horrible thing, my sister was bulimic among a lot of other fucked up things (and probably still, but that is besides the point). Hopefully if you feel you are heading towards a resurgence, you can stop it occurring.

You seem very self-aware Kroms,a good thing. Brave of you to share, even on the internet. Best wishes from Thumbs :tup :

I'm freaking myself out again. Every time I meet a nice but slightly disturbed person, someone in need of help, I'll find myself catering to their every need and wanting to take care of them. One of my ex's was like that. The downside being that I forget to look after myself, and when I do, I feel like total shit for not doing everything I can for them.

I was watching Skins today and I saw this episode, Cassey, where this anorexic girl, not without her share of mental problems, clearly needs to be loved. She's weird, but, I dunno, nice, and it occurred to me that I always like people like that. Is it something wrong with me? Am I insane?

I know exactly what you mean. Are you repeating what you did when you were growing up? If so, it might be time to break the chain and learn how to start worrying about your own needs, instead of everyone else's.

I haven't had much experience with anorexia, but I have heard that it often arises out of a lack of feeling in control of your life. Are you in a situation you don't like, but can't seem to control? Is there anything you can do to change that? If so, you might feel a lot better afterwards.

(Those two things seem really quite connected when you look at it that way, don't they? Hmmm! *strokes beard while puffing on pipe*)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, and a special "Woah, that's weirdly accurate" to Thunderpeel.

Good luck, brkl. :) Get better soon.

About a week ago I got an email from the institute of metrology in my university saying that they were looking for an intern. I applied for the job the following day to see what they had to offer and if I was the person they had been looking for. The interview was later scheduled for today. Turned out it wasn't exactly the regular job interview I was expecting and after about 2.5 hours (most of which was spent on a laboratory tour) I actually got the place along with an interesting subject for my upcoming bachelor's thesis.

I'm pretty pleased with myself right now.

Ooh, congrats. I've no idea what I'll do for my bachelor's. I'll have to magic up something I can use as a part of my master's in the future.

Things are generally going well at the moment.

I got roped into a moustache growing team for Movember, which means I have one week left of looking like a fuzzy berk. If I get to £100, two weeks.

I also rode a motorbike for the first time on Sunday (In a supermarket car park, don't even have my CBT yet). Things I learned:

They balance easier than I expected even with a loaded top box.

I'm not very good at stopping.

I definitely want to learn on something smaller than a 600cc ¬¬

So, you've grown a handlebar moustache and started riding around on a chopper? Too much The Lost And Damned, methinks...

Awaiting approval of a mortgage application... but our broker's just called unexpectedly to say things suddenly aren't looking good.

Not getting it means no small amount of grief and stress over Christmas (and probably well beyond, too). ;(

Awaiting approval of a mortgage application... but our broker's just called unexpectedly to say things suddenly aren't looking good.

Not getting it means no small amount of grief and stress over Christmas (and probably well beyond, too). ;(

Shucks. Good luck, sir. We're rooting/praying/raindancin' for ya.

Does anyone else listen to the Ricky Gervais Show? Every time I come into this thread I think of Karl's problem/worry ball/hole/gene. My problem ball is so much smaller than everyone else's. I get annoyed because of a stupid essay that I sort of buggered up and had to dash in and out to hand in today (it's about a three hour round trip) only to come back and find out work is cancelled and they forgot to phone me. I could have saved so much time/stress if I'd been able to stay at the uni for a while.

See what I mean? Small problem ball clogging up me worry hole, I moan about that, but Wrestle can't get a mortgage for his family.

Congrats and commiserations to whomsoever wants them, I'm rooting for all of you.

They failed to fix my internet today. Haven't had normal internet since 14th of November. But at least they came by today, maybe they'll fix it tomorrow. Maybe I also win a price.

I was planning on finishing a paper and then going to a friend's house for a night of board gamey fun tonight. Instead, I felt awful upon waking up and spent a fair amount of time vomiting.

Still, a flu isn't that big a deal. Good luck to you, Wrestle. All of my probably ineffectual emotional support is behind you.

Thanks for the well wishes.

After a moment of intense panic yesterday - we were told we couldn't have the mortgage after some information that was not asked for was suddenly queried by the lender - we seem to be on track again.

Yesterday's Important Lesson

If your house purchasing arrangements aren't moronically straight-forward, use an independent broker. He was able to respond to this unexpected thorn very quickly--and hopefully with enough experience so that it's no longer a problem for our application.

We've been told it could be as late as the end of next week before we know either way, however. But we're hoping that no further news might mean good news... please? That's all I want for Christmas this year... ;(

Edited by Wrestlevania