gdf

Life

Weee..... I moved...

But not having an internet connection is quite annoying.

My turn to moan:

So, I went on my first date since I broke up with my fiancée on Thursday evening. It didn't go particularly well. She was friendly and we had a laugh, but I felt zero connection. And that's fine. I'm just taking it very slow at the moment, and just trying to get my life back together. In fact, it was nice to do something scary and get through it, and ultimately made me feel more positive about doing it again and possibly meeting someone...

The problem is that immediately after my date, the following phone conversation occurred between me and my bestest buddy:

Me: Yo dude!

Him: (Pissed off) Is this an emergency?

Me: What? No! Everything's fine, I just...

Him: 'Cause I'm really busy around now. Ok?

Me: Oh sure! No problem... Er...

Him: *click*

Wtf? Isn't that the most absurd conversation ever? I'm kind of taken aback. I'd just spoken to him the day before, had a great laugh, and been thanking him for his help and advice into getting back into dating.

So I start travelling home and, after a bit, I realise that I'm quite upset. This is someone I've known for 15 years and someone I see on a regular basis. We've been really close. He was also fully aware what a big deal this was for me and, of course, how vulnerable I've been since the breakup.

Heck. He knows how bad these things can make you feel: I helped him through his breakup not too long ago.

Prior to this phone call we were all good in the 'hood. No indication that there were any problems whatsoever.

So, I send him a text saying that he didn't HAVE to get angry and act like a dick. I say that he could of just said: "Hey dude. Sorry, I'm really busy right now. Everything ok? Cool. Speak to you later." I finally add: There's absolutely no reason for him to be angry, nor any reason for me to feel bad about calling a friend.

There's no reply.

So now I'm feeling mightily hurt and a bit angry, too. I feel so bad in fact that, as a result, I'm unable to sleep that night. I hate that my so-called best friend has made me feel this bad. This is someone who (I thought) I'd gotten incredibly close to since my breakup... I just can't believe that someone I'd felt so close to just hours before was now so cold. (I still can't believe it.)

I didn't from him yesterday, but I decided, after much deliberation, to go through with plans to attend the party he'd invited me to. I really didn't want to see him, but at the same time I knew it wasn't going to get better unless I talked to him and gave him the opportunity to explain/apologise. I still felt like shit, but I pushed down my hurt and made my way there.

After traipsing to the other side of London I discover he's already left the party and that I don't know anyone there. So, I text and ask where he is. Guess what? No reply. I attempt to speak to some strangers and have a laugh, but I'm not in best mindset, so I make my way home.

Today? Yup. No word from my bestest buddy. And I'm left feeling I'm some sort of horrible leech-like leper. Thanks, pal.

Still, you've got to laugh haven't you, eh? That or get thoroughly miserable and lose all faith in the people you thought you could trust...

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

:eek:

sorry to hear that your buddy's having some kind of psychotic episode. It frustrates the heck out of me when people behave like they're furious with me, but won't communicate at all. I'd much rather someone chew me up for some offense I didn't know I committed than leave me in the dark. Ugh..

Around here, it's 5:30 and I've just been awakened again by two idiots in a violent, screaming fight over who stole whose lighter and crackpipe.

Thank god tomorrow is moving day. Well, today now.

Edited by Fuzzy Lobster

Man, looks like your friend has some 'splainin' to do. He made me feel bad a little, just by reading your story. I hope there is a good explanation for it all, but you're completely in your right to be upset. Hope it turns out okay.

As a sidenote, I almost horribly misunderstood your first sentence:

So, I went on my first date since I broke up with my fiancée on Thursday evening.

For some reason it took me a while to realize that you didn't break up with your fiancée on Thursday, but had your date on Thursday. I was thinking to myself: "Man, that's really soon after.". :eek:

Hehe! Yeah, that would be massively insensitive of me :)

Thanks for the kind words, people. It's really knocked my confidence. I know it's a pretty personally weird thing to post about (even in this thread), so thanks.

(Also: I broke up with my fiancée 2 months ago -- which is still very soon and why I'm just beginning to even contemplate dating.)

The more I hear about people's "best friends" at the moment, the more relieved I don't have one. :fart:

Or any. :violin:

But you have a wife and kids.

Some of us are friendless and in a foreign country where they're acquaintance-less. :violin:

LEFT 4 DEAD IS ALL I HAVE

hope you manage to figure it out thunderpeel.

So I have now after, 5 weeks of the course, started to do some work towards my 2nd year of Maths, starting on what is considered the hardest course of the year (Partial Differential Equations and Vector Calculus ). with the given notes and lectures being a little weak on examples, I am going through example sheets from the week before so I can dissect the solutions, to uncover how to solve any problem of that type. being able to just sit down for 2 hours with my ipod on going through questions makes me happy that I seem to be on the right course. :tup:

Some of us are friendless and in a foreign country where they're acquaintance-less. :violin:

But didn't you choose to move to a country where you didn't know anyone? :) Speaking of which, how's that going?

But didn't you choose to move to a country where you didn't know anyone? :) Speaking of which, how's that going?

I gave his photo to every police office around Paris to have him expelled of France, I don't know if they found him yet but we're having kind of a hard immigration policy nowadays.

I thought you had a best friend till death did you part

Sorry, how remiss of me. :getmecoat

Yes, of course. But it'd be nice to spend time with someone who likes games as much as me. I've loitered around other Thumbs, when proximity has allowed (and enjoyed their company hugely), but I've not found anyone in The Real World - since moving to get married - who really clicks to be honest.

This is rapidly starting to sound fucking creepy--not that I care that much. I'm happy enough, just be nice to share my hobby with someone in meat space sometimes.

but I've not found anyone in The Real World - since moving to get married - who really clicks to be honest.

I'm with you on this one.

I think it's hard to meet new people when you move if you aren't in school or in a job that has a lot of people in your general age range. Even then, I think it's rare to meet someone that you really connect with. I'm pretty social and good at meeting people and hitting it off in general, but I've had a hard time since I moved back to San Francisco to start my program, and that was a year plus ago. I'm lucky that most of my close friends don't live that far away.

Speaking of moving, move in complete!! Yay! No more crackheads, sirens (well, fewer sirens) and drug deals outside my bedroom! :woohoo:

I'm still in the middle of moving. This morning my new furniture from ikea arrive. I already assembled one important item, the resting place for my big ass TV (which will arrive later today). I only needed 5 of the 12 provided Swedish cuss words.

I still don't have internet at my new place... so I can't download torchlight :( (would take ages to download it through my phone)

I am curently having one of the worst times of my life. I'm in London Heathrow , cursing humanity for the "you can't lay here" bench design (which works really well considering that something like 50 persons are sleeping here and there on the floor. I'm dead tired and sure that I will miss my alarm if I put one up. Every single piece of technology I have ran out of battery but my Iphone.

I've been drawing for 4 hours and don't have a single piece of paper anymore... Really feeling down right now.

Ah, I hope the rest of your time in London was good; it was nice to meet you. I guess everywhere near Paddington closed a while before 5?

Yes, the train we talked about, the Heathrow express, well, it was a lie, the last one is at eleven o'clock and not 11'46 as the site says. So I took a two train two buses trip to get to Heathrow.

The rest of the trip was "hyper cool" as they say in French… or so I've heard :)

That sounds horrible Ossk.

I have pretty much decided I should go to see a doctor about my toe, it looks like it might be ingrowing, and seems to be getting a worse. And it hurts quite a lot.

Yes, the train we talked about, the Heathrow express, well, it was a lie, the last one is at eleven o'clock and not 11'46 as the site says. So I took a two train two buses trip to get to Heathrow.

Couldn't you have just taken the Piccadilly line? Sorry to hear you got stuck in an airport, hope you got home ok in the end!

Couldn't you have just taken the Piccadilly line? Sorry to hear you got stuck in an airport, hope you got home ok in the end!

This week end it was closed, no more trains in that direction is what a guy told me at King's Cross.

But yeah, that's how I got into London in the first place :)

I'm in London Heathrow , cursing humanity for the "you can't lay here" bench design (which works really well considering that something like 50 persons are sleeping here and there on the floor.

Heh, You have my deepest sympathy. I got stuck at that airport for 36 hours a few years ago as a result of flight cancellations etc. :(

I was one or several of those persons sleeping here and there. I must say, after 48 total hours of traveling, that floor is much more comfortable than I would have thought.

I hope you got home in less than 36 hours. :grin: