gdf

Life

I'm finding the downside of dating a girl who does martial arts is that her arms and legs are always covered in bruises, which is fine, except for the looks it occasionally draws...

stella-artois-beer.jpg

:grin:

I have been careful not to drink that when we're out. It doesn't agree with me anyway :grin:

Maybe this remix of the Stella logo makes it clearer for non-English people?

stella-wife-beater2_big.jpg

By the way, El Muerte, there is an InFamous demo up on PSN somewhere, so you can try the game out. See how it is different from Prototype for yourself. :)

Holy crap... what a horrible game. I died like 10 times in the first small part of the demo. The controls are terrible.

I played some Super Stardust HD today. It's probably my favourite twin-stick shooter. It can get really chaotic, but the occasions when I manage to navigate the madness are really satisfying.

Scrobbs was recommending that to me a few weeks ago too. I avoided it because of poor reviews, thinking it would pee all over my fond Amiga memories of Stardust, but I should give it a look.

I played some Super Stardust HD today. It's probably my favourite twin-stick shooter. It can get really chaotic, but the occasions when I manage to navigate the madness are really satisfying.

I nearly got to the point of being able to play through the planets in one sitting, but realised that you don't unlock any more modes for doing so: you have to buy them. So I gave it up. Kept me absorbed for a couple of weeks though!

Pixeljunk Shooter out tomorrow! :woohoo::tup:

Scrobbs was recommending that to me a few weeks ago too. I avoided it because of poor reviews, thinking it would pee all over my fond Amiga memories of Stardust, but I should give it a look.

Poor reviews? Really? I thought it had been fairly well-received. I'm not especially well-versed in the genre, though. Not having played the original, I can't really say much HD does it justice. All I can say is that it's one of my go-to games when I have the PS3 on and I need some diversion for a few minutes, possibly while I'm listening to something that requires more attention than an FPS would allow me to spare.

Pixeljunk Shooter out tomorrow! :woohoo::tup:

Oh, cool. It certainly looks interesting, and PixelJunk games having been taking an upwards trajectory in terms of quality (starting from fairly modest beginnings, granted).

Cool. I really can't remember where I got that impression from, it might even have been people just telling me it sucked. Whatever it was, consider me corrected.

Stardust HD has an 85 score on Metacritic.

It's Finnish! :tup:

Good old Amiga game originally, wasn't it?

Good old Amiga game originally, wasn't it?

Yup. Stardust on the A500, Super Stardust on the A1200... and neither of them were in any way based on

. No, sir.

Just finished interviewing Jordan Mechner… God I was impressed and felt my questions were dumb as fuck but it was pretty awesome

So it appeared in our research that you used the rotoscoping technique on your brother to draw the animations in the first prince of persia, that is to say, the first game was maybe a movie adaptation in the first place, how did you manage to convince him to impale himself or get chopped in half ? Were those the videos you were thinking of when you said in a previous interview "I have got plenty of videos. I am not sure you want to see them"

uups forgot that one

You know, my plan was always to videotape the falling on the spikes last, after all the other moves I needed you know the running and jumping but I always kept postponing it cause I was worried that there would be something else that I'd need to come back and do. So yes, in the end I'm sorry to say he got out of that altogether and I had to fake it. I hope you can't notice

No it definitively seemed fake.

Yes, he's awesome.

So where's the rest of the interview? :)

In the magazine ? :D

I'd send you the audio but it unregistered version of the software I used makes it barely audible and I only transcribed it in french, do you read french ?

do you read french ?

Of course I do.

But I don't understand it.

In the magazine ? :D

I'd send you the audio but it unregistered version of the software I used makes it barely audible and I only transcribed it in french, do you read french ?

Was the interview conducted in English? :-/