gdf

Life

That's gash Wrestlevania, sorry to hear about your panic and doubt. Hope you get it; if not will the offer still be open next year?

That's gash Wrestlevania, sorry to hear about your panic and doubt. Hope you get it; if not will the offer still be open next year?

No, finances will need to fixed for another two years for things to be manageable. Which will likely put the house price up again when it does come around next time.

And who knows what will have happened to base rate by then anyway. It's never been this low (0.5%) as far as I can tell, ever. Even during that huge slump in the early 90s base rate hovered around the mid single digits. Which suggests that UK mortgages are the cheapest - and therefore most affordable - they've ever been, too.

I just hope it comes through... please? ;(

hey, I have no internet either...

Picked up DeadSpace and DragonAge in the steam sale from work but can't load em up at home :P

Moving to a new place in January and will take care of it then, I guess!

FFS!

My internet is gone again. Yesterday it was out for 3 hours (while I was at work). And today it stopped working at 14:00 and it's still broken. I hate this ISP and their shitty performance. So far even the shitty wizard from Torchlight performs better.

And to make things worse the UMTS network is also performing like shit.

Edited by elmuerte
typos

It's always soooo frustrating when stuff like that doesn't work like it's supposed to. What ISP do you have anyway?

They're called Caiway, but it's not their fault. But the fault of the cable provider Rekam. But they might as well be a single entity with different deparments because I don't have a choice for ISP through the cable. And it's not lke Rekam offers anything except bare signal.

Phone call from agency: "You still available? That contract we spoke about at the end of october has been signed. Want a job?"

Me: "Yes. Found out I'm on a week's notice now too."

Agency: "Even better. 3 month contract is on it's way."

When I have the paper copy I will hand my notice in. Job is a fucking good one.

Plus - off on hols to Germany (Köln) for 4 days this afternoon.

Well, I thought I was on a month's notice (the period you have to work after telling them you're leaving), 'cos I was in a permie role. However, been told that as I'm on probation, notice either way is only 1 week. Get in.

I was asked for by name by the agency's client too. That's a massive ego boost. :)

Woohoo, it looks like I have internet again.

Or maybe not....

Yes it work.

Ok... too soon.

Maybe they are working on it.

So with a little luck I can hook up my brand new PS3 slim to the internets. Now I only need to buy a HDMI cable. The slim doesn't come with any HD cables, just the SD compos(h)ite cable. And I need to spend a lot of money on PS3 games: so far on my list are LBP, Uncharted 1+2, Brutal Legend. Any other (console exclusive) recommendations? (I already have the new Ratchet & Clank, came with the PS3)

I don't know about the new Ratchet and Clank, but if you like it, I can certainly recommend the old one. I also found the Resistance series to be a whole lot of fun, even if they're nothing that innovative. I actually like the first one better, I think. The setpieces are less cool and the environments are more bland, but you have the ability to carry all of the weapons at once rather than only 2 at a time, meaning you're more encouraged to experiment with them. Given that the same people designed these weapons as designed the Ratchet ones, that's a huge plus.

Infamous is bloody great as well. In light of Borderlands wreaking havoc on my productivity lately, it's no longer my goty 2009, but it came really close. That is a game I beat twice within 6 days, and would gladly go back to again should there be a dry spell for releases. Metal Gear is good if you're in it for fan-service, but don't look for an introduction to the series if you're new to it or haven't liked it before.

The real gems are the ones that you won't be able to get to until you have some consistent online. The Pixeljunk games, Noby Noby Boy, fl0wer, and Everyday Shooter are the ones you need to get right away. If you're down with Gran Turismo, GT5 Prologue is a lot of fun. WipeOut HD was my introduction to that series, and though I suck at it pretty bad, I've found it to be pretty good for pick-up-and-play sessions. Have fun with that thing, man.

WipeOut

Ahem, it's WipEout.

I would endorse Miffy's suggestion of inFamous, and agree that the downloadable games selection is good.

I thought infamous was just the twin brother of prototype (which I didn't like much)?

It's the twin that the parents actually loved. The one that goes off to be successful while the other twin is lying drunk in a gutter somewhere trying to forget that it exists.

It's the twin that the parents actually loved. The one that goes off to be successful while the other twin is lying drunk in a gutter somewhere trying to forget that it exists.

Like me then.

I'm finding the downside of dating a girl who does martial arts is that her arms and legs are always covered in bruises, which is fine, except for the looks it occasionally draws...

I'm finding the downside of dating a girl who does martial arts is that her arms and legs are always covered in bruises, which is fine, except for the looks it occasionally draws...

:tup::eek:

Personally I have been a lot better, aced all of my midterms, etc. Got really drunk as a reward.

elmuerte, if you like Arkanoid clones, Shatter is probably the best one ever made (it's on PSN). Also, if you like controlled chaos, Trash Panic is a lot of fun. Demon's Souls is a must if you like Dugeon Crawlers (it's like Diablo II with a PhD). Also: Critter Crunch is a charming son of a gun...

custom_1251746260135_CritterCrunch_Aug17_Cutscene_1.jpg

Though it's not the deepest experience ever. Certainly try the demo at least.

Edit: And I'm finding Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty to feel a bit like a 3D platformer version of Tales of Monkey Island.

I played the Critter Crunch demo and I'd say that the visuals are about the only thing that the game has going for it.

By the way, El Muerte, there is an InFamous demo up on PSN somewhere, so you can try the game out. See how it is different from Prototype for yourself. :)