gdf

Life

Now I will not feel like the universe is retarded, when in it a guy with a Family Guy avatar can poo-poo me for bad taste and whatnot. Now you have acquired a sheen of good judgement. :shifty::shifty::shifty:

I think you need to counterbalance it by changing your avatar to Calvin peeing on your car manufacturer of choice.

He can also be praying.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

The peeing one at least makes a little sense for Calvin's character, but PRAYING? This kid always seemed agnostic at the least...baffling...

He did object to a math problem on his homework one time, instead writing in a note that said it was against his religion :).

The peeing one at least makes a little sense for Calvin's character, but PRAYING? This kid always seemed agnostic at the least...baffling...

I don't think much makes sense for the kind of people that use a Calvin praying image. Irony is outside of their realm of perception.

He did object to a math problem on his homework one time, instead writing in a note that said it was against his religion :).

Okay then he's completely willing to exploit religions for any of his needs. I am still baffled!

So Brutal Legend didn't arrive in the mail today :frown: I knew I shouldn't have pre-ordered it online... Doh!

yeah, mine didn't arrive yesterday, and have no idea if it did today, what with my mail arriving after i have to be in uni. although I played more DiRT 2 and I love that.

Also I have been sober for 3 weeks on saturday, with alcohol making me feel awful recently, so I decided to stop drinking for a while, and it's pretty cool.

Did it arrive today, then? I actually picked up a copy with the idea of taking the copy I've ordered back if it arrives tomorrow -- couldn't wait!

Tempted to do that tomorrow, but I'm fucked off with royal mail being whiny sons of bitches, so I'm making sure all (forza) my preorders are with UKmail, for £2 each.

I had a geezer that I used to work with phone me up yesterday who started his own company a few months ago. He wanted to offer me a job. No interview.

That's pretty much how I got my job. Gotta love connections.

Sorry to hear about that, signor. I hope it wasn't as bad as all that. Best of luck getting back on the employment train.

Preparing to move sucks. Takes way too much time to pack all the crap I collected in the past 10 years.

I fucked up my second round interview royally, mostly because I'm a twat.

:campbell:

Care to elucidate? Interviews are hard work - doubly-so on the second round - so you may just be a little hard on yourself.

If it makes any difference, I completely fucked my second interview for my current job (poorly briefed, didn't do a proper presentation). But they still invited me back for a second run with better preparation.

Not changing my avatar was the right choice.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you don't know precisely how it went. You may have done better than you think...

Not changing my avatar was the right choice.

I'll further the positivity. I'm sure it went much better than it feels like it did. I know I have (or at least felt like I have) royally biffed more than my fair share of interviews, but I was just taking every little misstep really hard and over thinking what I said.

I think that they're used to people misspeaking because they're nervous or under pressure and take that in into consideration when interviewing people.

I understand how you feel though. The waiting is the hardest part, especially when you feel like it didn't go well. Best of luck!!!! :clap:

The waiting is the hardest part, especially when you feel like it didn't go well. Best of luck!!!! :clap:

Seconded. Will keep 'em crossed for you.

If it comes to the worst and you don't get the job, make sure you find out why.

NB: If you're using an agency, they should get feedback for you--if they don't, insist they do as it's essential to getting better at the interview process. If they're hesitant - and they fucking well shouldn't be (lots of bastards though) - say you'll use someone else who will better support your employment.

I've had such a weird day. There's too much to explain, but it felt like Shenmue for a significant chunk.

I also cried on the bus on the way back home (was soaked, forgot my phone, missed out on a lift and had to wing it for most of the day) with the podcast news. It pushed me over the edge.

After contemplating what happened on Tuesday it's actually kind of hilarious.

The interview started off ok, not brilliantly but ok, until I had a minor brain fart that just snowballed. I frequently found myself halfway through a sentence with no idea of what I'd just said or what the question was and I consistently made technical errors that were beyond school boy. For instance I lost the ability to distinguish between < and > which, for a programming role, is kind of bad.

So after the interview I got lost in the industrial estate, then I got lost in the residential estates in the surrounding area. Eventually I found a random pub, sank a few pints and decided I needed to start smoking again. With no shops to speak of I spent nearly £7 on a pack of 14 fags from the pub's vending machine only to realise there was no where to get hold of a lighter.

At this point I thought I should probably head home so I went off to find the bus stop. The first bus didn't stop, despite my flagging, so I had to wait half a hour for the next one. The driver of the second bus then informed me that I was at the wrong bus stop anyway and this bus was going in the complete opposite direction. I couldn't find the right bus stop and finally found myself a taxi.

Three arduous train journeys later I get to my home town and nip into the pub for another quick pint. I stay till closing, stagger home and then pick up an email sent a mere 8 minutes after the interview ended informing me that I was no longer being considered for the position.

I am still hungover and today is my birthday.

I'm well over the hump now and, as I say, I can see the funny side. I've got another interview lined up for the 6th now so it's not all bad. I'll just chalk this one up to experience.

Damn man. Well, happy birthday I guess? Good luck on the 6th. I'm sure you'll be less nervous this time around.

I'm well over the hump now and, as I say, I can see the funny side. I've got another interview lined up for the 6th now so it's not all bad. I'll just chalk this one up to experience.

Oof, just sounds like a particularly bad day. :frusty:

Best of luck with the 6th!

At this point I thought I should probably head home so I went off to find the bus stop. The first bus didn't stop, despite my flagging, so I had to wait half a hour for the next one. The driver of the second bus then informed me that I was at the wrong bus stop anyway and this bus was going in the complete opposite direction.

Ha! Done that myself. Very annoying.

Oh well, sounds like you just had a really bad day. (Were you panicking in the interview or something? I know of two friends who would get beyond freaked out before things like this. Unable to think type of panic. Their doctors both prescribed them this tablet you take before going in to your presentation/interview/whatever, that calms you down by blocking the massive bolts of adrenaline they were getting. They both said they were still freaked, but that they could think a thousand times more clearly.)

Ugh! Signor, that's one tragic tale, my friend. Sorry to hear it...

I'm impressed with your positive thinking though. Sometimes majorly stumbling once can really center you for the next time around. Best of luck on the 6th!!

Just to sour grapes it for you a bit, that other job was probably horrid with a staff with terrible men's room etiquette anyway. Your new job will probably come with foot massages by Valkyries or something of that sort.

Happy belated birthday!