gdf

Life

I just realized I don't think I've ever experienced batteries leaking in any device I've ever had... I feel kind of fortunate in that.

JIto2pt.png

Explanation: Friend got into idle thumbs really liked the constant use of the word. I had two hours to spare to I painted a little birthday present for him

I felt really nervous about visiting my friend and his partner earlier today, and once I actually got there I felt like a terrible fifth wheel. I almost started crying on the way home. Why am I so bad at socializing?  :getmecoat

After having alopecia for 4 and a bit years you learn to not give a fuck about what people think and just be yourself :) haha it works way better than not seeing people or feeling weird in public, and it draws way less attention to it :)

Teg I know that your not me and I have no idea how your mind works, but maybe just a bit of advice :)

I've kind of always had the impression that the partner in question doesn't like me, and lately that the friend just sort of tolerates me.

Outside of text, where I always say more than I should, I have a really hard time expressing myself. I feel like I come across as being stupid, and I know from experience that people tend to think I'm emotionless and monotone.

I've started to have weird headaches and short, sharp bursts of emotion. It's really starting to scare me.

I know that it's trite, but sounds like you're not hanging with the right people. I had tons of socialization problems growing up, but I eventually fell in a with a crowd of people that are all assholes in the same way I am and things started to work out. It's a lot easier to deal with folks once you've got a few core people that are insane in the same way you are.

That's probably not helpful at all and I almost just deleted this post, but I'll leave it here to basically say that I care and I hope things improve.

I eventually fell in a with a crowd of people that are all assholes in the same way I am and things started to work out. It's a lot easier to deal with folks once you've got a few core people that are insane in the same way you are.

I know a group like that, but I only know them on this one forum about a video game podcast.

Yeah i can only talk to one or two people about games in real life. The rest just wouldnt understand.

I know a group like that, but I only know them on this one forum about a video game podcast.

Yeah, I'm glad the Giant Bomb forums exist too.

Yeah, I'm glad the Giant Bomb forums exist too.

Speaking of GB, I was listening to the Bombcast the other day and they used the phrase "hot 'sclusives" (as in exclusive).  For a brief moment I thought they said "hot scoops", especially since Patrick "Scoops" Klepek was on the cast.

You have no idea how jealous I am of you for just having furniture. I literally have none outside of my bed, desk, and desk chair. In other words, my bedroom.

That's some nice looking stuff!

I think I've played too many games, or watched too many movies, but I think you're going to steal that stuff now.

I think I've played too many games, or watched too many movies, but I think you're going to steal that stuff now.

Already done. The guys that delivered the furniture? Those were my guys.

That's some nice looking stuff!

Thanks!  Just in time for Thanksgiving.

You have no idea how jealous I am of you for just having furniture. I literally have none outside of my bed, desk, and desk chair. In other words, my bedroom.

I had about the same amount of furniture as you before I bought this stuff.  I've been in this house for about 2 months and until today I was eating off of lawn chairs and TV trays.

Yeah the first thing I'm going to buy when I get my new apartment when I get my new job (things are looking up, maybe?!) is a bunch of furniture.

Today I am thankful that we have a proper writing system that deprecates abbreviations and privileges readability, if only because I'm catching up on a research job over the break and have had to translate the most difficult Latin text so far. Here's a sample paragraph:

His r[espo]nde[n]du[m] est i[m]possibile esse s[ecundu]m na[turam] fieri aliqua[m] figura[m] ex ma[teria] metallina q[uae] vulneru[m] curativa sit [e]t liberet percussos a serpe[n]tib[us] mortiferis. Cuius mlt[a]e ca[usa]e satis fu[n]dame[n]tales s[cilicet] assignat[a]e su[n]t. Pl[ur]im[a]e t[a]n[tum] i[n]duci p[ossu]nt. S[ed] adhuc c[on]cesso h[oc] possibile fore p[er] na[turam] erat penit[us] impo[ssibi]le per qua[m]cu[m]q[ue] op[er]atione[m] excogitata[m] nec p[er] obs[er]vatio[n]es astrologicas in aliquo capite metallino ca[nta]ri r[ati]onale[m] v[ir]tute[m] ad o[mn]ia r[espo]nde[n]te[m].

In case it's not clear, every letter in brackets is either absent or indicated only with a dot over the preceding (or sometimes following) letter. Even though I've gotten very good at using Cappelli, it took me thirty minutes to work out from context that secundum, meaning "according to," was being abbreviated as "fm" because the dot over the M connected with the old-style medial S. I'm still pretty sure that penitus and cantari are incorrect conjectures, but I'm only being paid three hundred bucks for this job, so no single word gets more than half an hour of my time.

Anyway, time to feast while translating another page! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!