Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

San Andreas (PC)

Shouldn't The Sims 2 , if they follow their own descriptions, be rated M? My sim, Antonio De La Suave has had sex with almost every female in his town, including his gardener and maid. Sure, it's dumbed down, and cartoonish, but it IS sexual content. Especially since there is an option to make your sim's soal desire to have sex with as many people as possible. How come it gets a Teen rating ?

also I am curious about the stance penny arcade has on this.

They probably changed sides somewhere along the way, I am only now finding out :finger:

Listen....u are all a bunch of geeks and it is time u all stopped playing video games. Nb. I have just had LeChimp's mother on the phone and she assures me that he is a homosexual.

Listen....u are all a bunch of geeks and it is time u all stopped playing video games. Nb. I have just had LeChimp's mother on the phone and she assures me that he is a homosexual.

HILLARY CLINTON GO HOME

But the rating still isn't correct given the standards they set.

Saving Private Ryan should have been NC-17. Will Wright is the game industry's Steven Spielberg.

Wow, I really don't know how to respond to this. It's pretty funny that you attacked me though, considering that out of all the people here, I really haven't been that vocal about my opinion.

On the other hand, it wouldn't suprise me if you were telling the truth. I wouldn't be suprised if people thought I was gay because when I talk to girls I stutter and it takes forever for me to make an actualy point during a conversation, but I sound like that when I talk to anyone.

That and you have adorable fuzzy puppies in your avatar. Whatever. It's a good pic anyway. I do think it may be what made you the target though.

edit: Don't change it. It works. I hope I got that across.

That and you have adorable fuzzy puppies in your avatar. Whatever. It's a good pic anyway. I do think it may be what made you the target though.

edit: Don't change it. It works. I hope I got that across.

I agree. The fuzzy puppies are awesome - however I end up being blinded by their cuteness and then I forget what I'm reading sometimes. (Edit : most of the time.. hehehe.. awww puppies!)

I'd still like to know why my sim can have more sex than an over worked GTA hooker, and Hilary Clinton doesn't care... :blink:

(Sorry, I've been away for 10 days, but I'm still irritated by this.)

Please think of the children! Down with the sims!

Anybody who ever walked in on his/her parents gettin it on, should sue them! Sex is simply amoral! EVIL!!!! Must kill Lincoln!

I'd still like to know why my sim can have more sex than an over worked GTA hooker, and Hilary Clinton doesn't care... :blink:

(Sorry, I've been away for 10 days, but I'm still irritated by this.)

Please think of the children! Down with the sims!

I think it's because it's actually stated on the box for The Sims 2 that it has sexual situations. If Hillary Clinton threw a fit about The Sims 2 having sex, people would just be like "Yeah, we know. It says that on the box" Plus the sex is covered up with a blanket and you just see hearts and stars and stuff flying out from the bed.

The sex is covered up with a blanket and you just see hearts and stars and stuff flying out from the bed.

This is completely indicative of my love life. Does this make me weird?

Hot Coffee = Storm in a coffee cup.

My, what an angry man that Maddox is. He really should calm down and knock off the Kick.

I do, however, completely agree with his thinly veiled sarcasm. It's all a little bit stupid to get so worked up over this mod when there is far worse out there. Biko 3 anyone?

The real issue is of course the fact that R* hid it on the disk. I say "hid", I mean "left". It was all found pretty quickly when the PS2 version came out, as were the many myriad "hidden" interiors, such as the brothel. They never made it in to the game, but they were certainly left lying around for people to play with. I remember in the hype leading up to San Andreas' PS2 release, one of the press statements, regarding easter eggs in the games, said something along the lines of "We're putting in stuff that people won't find for years".

Perhaps the estimated time frame was a little generous, but the fact remains that R* knew exactly what they were doing when they left it all on the disk. How else would they continue to cause controversy and hype? It's surely the only thing that is earning them the name they have given themselves. The only thing to do now, after the sex and drugs and sausage rolls of San An, is trash a few hotels rooms and maybe give some kids a tall glass of Jesus juice.

I'm going to stop right there before I go off on a long winded rant about GTA.

I'm playing the PC version now and again the wrong side of the tracks mission

(where you drive by a train and Smoke shoots the eses on the train)

had me going nuts. I think I completed it in my 10th attempt or so. Most of the other missions are easier on the PC, though. Except I miss auto aiming a bit. But not much.

Playing the PS2 version, i focused on doing the missions, but this time I'll try to do some of the "side-quests" first. Already sprayed all tags... took me some hours with a map. I wonder how long it would have taken without one.

I think the PC version is definitely better, but there are some graphic anomalities (flickering things, transparency problems). Maybe it's an AT problem? At least when the graphics card crashes (quite often actually, possibly my PC-s problem), ATI's drivers will reset it and the game continues after half a minute or so (with default brightness restored, but I can change it back with shortcut keys in-game).

keep doing it. wqhen ur cycle gets really good it'll be a breeze.

My cycle skills are at max after trying to finish that level at least 100 times. Seriously. I never finished it, and it stopped me from playing the game. :frusty:

--Erwin