Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

San Andreas (PC)

Just picked it up. So far it's quite shiney. I had borrowed the PS2 version from a friend a week ago, and graphically the PC version makes the PS2 version look like someone vomited on the screen.

I hadn't gotten very far on PS2, but still want money to rebuy my property... but no cheats are available that I can find yet... so I guess I'ma have to do it the hard way.

So far I like it, though the controls are a little wierd at first.

Thoughts?

I've not got it yet but I'll get it soon. I heard the graphics were far superior, I'm glad I waited for the PC version. These games work so much better on the PC in my opinion. :yep:

This is very typical - I begin to write my bachelor-project in a 14 days straight session - just as this comes out. I'll have something to look forward to, but still... :shifty:

Wuxtry! Wuxtry! PC graphics capabilities superior to PS2! Read all about it!

Also, boxing now sucks.

In PS2 version, you were able to alternate between regular attack and boxing moves. In order to do boxing moves now you have to press return, which really really really complicates things while using a mouse. As far as I can tell changing binds does not fix this.

I ordered it online and hope to find it on my doormat sometime this week. Together with a copy of trackmania sunrise :)

All I know is that I want it. I finished the story missions in the PS2 version, but the PS2 pulled a boner before I could even really begin with all the wuxtry stuff.

Woo, another meal for the giant black and green beezt.

I bought the PS2 version at the end of last year, but I am yet to play it. The

resolution was so low that I couldn't see what those tiny markers on the map were. I have my PS2 version listed on EBAY if anyone is interested :grin: I'll be getting the PC one though.

The map hud is one of the things that I thought REALLY needed redone on the PS2, and the PC release definately helped. I can actually tell what all of the icons are supposed to be now.

I've already gotten CJ looking as much like Mr. T as I can afford. He's as buffed as can be and has a beard and mohawk.

Wuxtry! Wuxtry! PC graphics capabilities superior to PS2! Read all about it!

By "work so much better" I was mainly talking in terms of control. I should have said that probably.

Don't patronise me Dutchman!

does any1 know whether the pc version is compatible with a ps2 gamepad ... i got the whole converter thingie and all (for Psychonauts, which STILL isnt available in Canada!) ???

SiN

does any1 know whether the pc version is compatible with a ps2 gamepad ... i got the whole converter thingie and all (for Psychonauts, which STILL isnt available in Canada!) ???

SiN

It should be. According to the reviewer, you can play it with a gamepad or mouse/keyboard.

You can buy a PS2 USB converter on ebay reasonably cheap, though you are running the risk of getting crap. The Super PSjoy ones were supposed to be really good, despite supposedly not working on XP, but they seem to have disappeared lately.

One thing that irritated me about the PS2 version that continues to irritate me about the PC version is that if a Balla shoots me in front of a cop, nothing happens to him, but if I return fire I get a star, and the cop attacks me. The only way to get police assistance is to walk behind the cop and use him as a human shield.

One thing that irritated me about the PS2 version that continues to irritate me about the PC version is that if a Balla shoots me in front of a cop, nothing happens to him, but if I return fire I get a star, and the cop attacks me. The only way to get police assistance is to walk behind the cop and use him as a human shield.

Isn't that the case with every Grand Theft Auto ever, though?

I'm not sure. If it was, I just noticed it with this one. Still, I find it a bit irritating given that everything else in the city is fairly well laid out.

I also like how a cop can be chasing gang bangers doing drive bys, but if i accidently nudge a person, they break off and come after me.

I'm alternating between GTA3 and Vice City and the moment and haven't noticed the police taking an interest in gang activity at all.

I also like how a cop can be chasing gang bangers doing drive bys, but if i accidently nudge a person, they break off and come after me.

Heh, yeah. I love it when I'm driving along and a cop car crashes into me unprovoked at full speed and I get a star for it. Except for the part where I love it.

I'm saving to rebuy the house I had in Balla turf on the PS2. I get a pistol and kill Ballas until the cops show up. Then I cap them too, and get in the cop cars for the shotgun. I mastered the shotgun and pistol this way on PS2.

Where do you get one of these magical things?

Edit: I should have been clearer. How do I get a PS2 controler for my PC?

Thrustmaster 2 in 1 It works on both my PS2 and PC. I've played POP the ugly one and Psychonauts with it, and it ran fine.

I wonder if I'll be able to get past that wretched 'wrong side of the tracks' mission on the PC. :frusty:

--Erwin

You mean the Latino gang with headbands? There are two Latino gangs in the PS2 version, the blue ones and the yellow ones. One of them is the faction that your sister's baby's daddy controls, the other one is in the league with the orange devil.

I just noticed that when one forgets to put a d in devil one gets evil. Odd I've never noticed that before.