Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

San Andreas (PC)

i have almost full fat and strength, I have a gut and a 6 pack at the same time.

Buy a gold cuban at Zip and get a mohawk and beard at the little barber shop south of the racetrack in Los Santos.

:mrt:

Anyone got any tips for steering the remote controlled plane on the PC? I'm about to slash my wrist here so be quick.

Also, what is the key stroke to give the flowers/ dildo to your girl friend? I keep inadvertantly beating said girlfriend with flowers/dildo, thus ending the date early.

(For PC) Hit TAB when you are in front of her (the difficult thing is to be in front of her). (FOR PS2) I don't know, sorry

You don't need to crouch, just stand behind them and target until he holds the knife in the air, and then hit attack

How do you target him?

With right mouse?

I found the driving school much much much much harder than any of the other schools. Especially impossible to do properly: the barrelroll.

everything except the 'cirle around the airfield and land again' part of the flight school wasn't that hard.

I feared the zero missions after reading all the 'I'm gonna kill myself when I don't get it right next time' But I only had to do the red baron mission twice and the miniature army one two times as well.

You know what mission I really loathed?

The very last one: end of the line That mission is a bitch! After you've finally managed to waste big smoke and got out of that buring building alive. you get forced to do a fscking car chase! RAAAAAH! every time the cops starts stomping on sweet's fingers I somehow manage to crash my car into some other car or random scenery and can do nothing but watch him fall from that firetruck to get crushed under my wheels ARGH!

The most frustrating part? You got to fight your way through those 4 stories of crackhouse/druglab up and down again only to fail miserably at the car chase. again! *shouts nasty swear words*

Flight school is ass. But once you learn to fly those damn things it's pretty awesome to steal a private jet at SFO and just fly around.

The only missions I really hated were ones that required very precise aiming -- I found that impossible with the PS2 controller. I mean these:

shooting RC's down with the machine gun on the roof.

escaping on a motorcycle after killing some russkies (with smoke doing the driving).

I think I got the last mission on the first try. Had some really really close calls, though, james bond like.

I rebound all of my keys, but I think it's right mouse.

I hated flight scool, but I still can't do teh 40 second laps in driving school.

Also, I got so fat that it warned me of a heart attack, I waddled, and it changes all of the voice reactions to being about food. Such as: Wanna have some coffee? Sure, can I get something to eat too?

An update on the gamepad woes. I valiantly did nearly thirty missions without a working right axis, but now that there's lots of massive shootouts and stuff going on, I've had to give in and switch to keyboard and mouse. It's actually much better that I thought it would be. I got used to controlling GTA with a gamepad with Vice City on Xbox, which was great, but keyboard and mouse definitely does the trick too.

So far, so very good. Favourite missions so far:

Two Big Smoke ones, the 'Wrong Side Of The Tracks' train chase and the shootout/motorbike escape with the Russians. Not really over the moon about the turf wars element, maybe I'll get into that. Seems like a good respect/money earner, but can be frustrating. I always screw up on the third wave.

tip for those gang wars:

always make sure you're in one of the far corners of the turf you're fighting for, that way they'll spawn far away from you and you have all the time to pick them off one by one (preferably giving them all a headshot)

Few things I want to get off my chest:

1) People who don't like GTA games, I obviously respect your view but you will NEVER, EVAAAAAAAAAAAA! convert a GTA fan. Rockstar is a company to be appreciated and you might not like their games, but respect they deserve.

2) Every mission listed on here (except for Zero) I did in one go. Only hint I can give is, take the game more seriously. I know it's GTA and all "YAY! I GOT THE GAME! LET'S KILL STUFF!" feeling but the missions need more concentrating then you feel the need to.

3) My advice is to get used to the game on one format. Obviously not GTA 1 and 2 but from then on, all the GTA's are available for PS2, Xbox and PC. I personally got used to the PS2 versions of the game and now play like a pro in minutes without any problems but unfortunately have a hard time just staying on a bike for more then 20 seconds on the Xbox version. Don't mean to diss Xbox although I hate Microsoft but, is it just me or is the analogue for the Xbox controller way too lose? Never even seen the PC version :sad:

That's all. Thank you and keep playing GTA! Although I got bored myself and if I see anyone in real life who reminds me of Zero, you better start running for cover...Behind a bullet proof glass...With 10 bodyguards protecting you...And those bodyguard better be armed with AK's.

2) Every mission listed on here (except for Zero) I did in one go. Only hint I can give is, take the game more seriously. I know it's GTA and all "YAY! I GOT THE GAME! LET'S KILL STUFF!" feeling but the missions need more concentrating then you feel the need to.

No offense, but this is one of the silliest things I've ever heard. When I go to work, I take work seriously, but play should never ever ever be taken seriously. I don't need to beat a mission in one go (if I beat them all in one go it wouldn't be any fun). What most people are complaining about are control issues, such as the flight school. Frustration leads to lack of fun. When I take the missions less seriously I do better. Play time is play time... if I find myself taking the game seriously, it's time to put the controller down and step away.

Why doesn't the chopper with the magnet spawn with no magnet once you have it at the air strip? I thought "Wow, these guys have found a creative way to let you take a car you like from one city to another..." but no.... horse shit! A pox on all your houses! GAAAAAAAH!

:finger:

tip for those gang wars:

always make sure you're in one of the far corners of the turf you're fighting for, that way they'll spawn far away from you and you have all the time to pick them off one by one (preferably giving them all a headshot)

Also...

What I did was just get in a car and drive to a good spot away from the approaching gang members. That way I could very easily prepare for them.

Also...

What I did was just get in a car and drive to a good spot away from the approaching gang members. That way I could very easily prepare for them.

I would look for a good crow's nest, for a good nook somewhere where I could snipe down the gang members as they came around a corner or came into view or something. Also a high, hidden area is good when you have a lot of molotov cocktail at your disposal, and just sit around on the roof where you cannot be reached and chuck the bottles at the street under you.... The bad side of either scenario is that occasionally the nook would be too good and the enemies would get stuck in the scenery three areas away and I would have to concede the area because if I ventured far enough out, the turf battle would end.

I would look for a good crow's nest, for a good nook somewhere where I could snipe down the gang members as they came around a corner or came into view or something. Also a high, hidden area is good when you have a lot of molotov cocktail at your disposal, and just sit around on the roof where you cannot be reached and chuck the bottles at the street under you.... The bad side of either scenario is that occasionally the nook would be too good and the enemies would get stuck in the scenery three areas away and I would have to concede the area because if I ventured far enough out, the turf battle would end.

I often position myself under a bridge. The gangsta's are stupid enough to jump down from it, which decreases their health considerably. Then I kill each one of them with a single bullit. A Very efficient technique ;)

--Erwin

The tank is the awesome

Damn straight. You're an idiot if you try to beat all the cop (vigilante) missions without the tank. Also, I stole the truck called "Barracks" from the "Restricted Area" military base by the air strip - I haven't had a chance to test this out, but given the name, could it possibly be the one vehicle you could use to house your personal 7-person gang/posse?

Damn straight. You're an idiot if you try to beat all the cop (vigilante) missions without the tank. Also, I stole the truck called "Barracks" from the "Restricted Area" military base by the air strip - I haven't had a chance to test this out, but given the name, could it possibly be the one vehicle you could use to house your personal 7-person gang/posse?

I don't think you can cram more than 3 persons in any car. Not even a big bus :/ But be a real man and steal one of the harriers from the restricted area. They are a bit of a challenge to get away with safely. especially because of the sam sites around the base :)