Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

San Andreas (PC)

By the way, just to let you guys know, a PC to PS2 controller does not work well in San Andreas. link

There are 2 problems. first it does not recognize the right thumb stick unless you edit the registry (and I haven't tried it but the people in the link I suggested said it worked). Second, it does not recognize the D-pad and treats it like the left thumb stick.

I had to buy a logitech cordless rumblepad Logitech

and it works like a charm. It is by far, one of the best controllers I've layed my hands on. I have the utmost respect for Logitech.

How many batteries do you consume with that?

It takes 2 batteries, but supposedly it should last long. I just bought it, so not sure of the duration.

I admit, I had to try it out. I try to play most well-reviewed PC games. Fuck me in the butt, I think I liked San Andreas - Hell, so much that I actually beat it (though apparently there's still 30% of San Andreas I haven't done, no pun intended). That's about 69% more than I can say about any of the other GTA games.

Speaking of that, I thought it was funny how many times that number appeared in the game. Pier 69. Runway 69. Dock 69. Etc.

Well, fuck. I've played GTA 3 and GTA Vice City on the PC and found the keys + mouse far more comfortable to use than that clumsy PS2 controller. Anyway, impatient as I am I bought San Andreas for the PS2 as soon as it was out, played it for days until I got stuck (yes, at that fucking 'wrong side of the tracks' mission) and now I got the PC version yesterday.

Guess what? I can't use the keyboard and mouse anymore. Can't even walk straight! :frusty: How fucking pathetic.

Anyway, I do love the graphics, though. I can see so much more buildings in the background (max. horizon distance rules) and it seems that the sky displays much more different colours and shit. The leaves on the trees are not that good, though. They have an outline in the colour of the sky. Must be my aged Radeon 9600 XT. I guess the game is optimized for nVidia cards, if their logo in the intro isn't just for commercial purposes, that is.

--Erwin

I've had that 'blue outline around leaves' ever since GTA3. It's a bug/missing feature of the GTA engine. It can't really handle more than one alpha channel I think. Because when you have 2 alpha channels behind eachother you get that wacky blue outline.

Yeah I've got that outline in GTA too. And in Enemy Territory when I was still playing that...

I bought the same logitech you are talking about but it did not work. I installed the software and everything then changed my options to joy pad. I cant steal any cars though...the D pad is working help help what did you do to make it work?

By the way, just to let you guys know, a PC to PS2 controller does not work well in San Andreas. link

There are 2 problems. first it does not recognize the right thumb stick unless you edit the registry (and I haven't tried it but the people in the link I suggested said it worked). Second, it does not recognize the D-pad and treats it like the left thumb stick.

I had to buy a logitech cordless rumblepad Logitech

and it works like a charm. It is by far, one of the best controllers I've layed my hands on. I have the utmost respect for Logitech.

I bought the same logitech you are talking about but it did not work. I installed the software and everything then changed my options to joy pad. I cant steal any cars though...the D pad is working help help what did you do to make it work?

To enter a car you need to press the 4th joypad button the equivalent of the PS2 controller's Triangle button. You can remap all the buttons in the control configuration of the game.

As far as the D-PAd goes, it doesn't work properly (it is treated as the left thumbstick). I am not sure if you need the D-PAD but if you do, you can always map a D-PAD button to a keyboard button (using the software that comes with the logitech gamepad). Then that D-PAD button will function as if you pressed the keyboard button if you were playing it with a mouse and keyboard.

Hi everyone!

Is there anyone who has the list of GTA SA PC controls?

Particularly: which key do you use to perform a stealth kill?

Thanks in advance

1. get a knife

2. crouch behind victim

3. target victim using right mouse button

4. press return

(I think)

Argh, I am having that same trouble with my Thrustmaster's right axis too. I tried to map it to the mouse to trick it into mouselook, but it didn't work with the joypad and 'mouse' at the same time. I hope they do some patching for the controls, I think I'm just going to use the standard mouse/keyboard for now.

They recommend a twin-axis gamepad in their specs, but the support doesn't seem that solid. I thought Thrustmaster were fairly popular pads.

1. get a knife

2. crouch behind victim

3. target victim using right mouse button

4. press return

(I think)

You don't need to crouch, just stand behind them and target until he holds the knife in the air, and then hit attack

Just got to the bit where...

(San Fierro spoiler)

you buy that store from Zero. WTF is Rockstar's obsession with impossible to steer model planes? FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That's one tradition the GTA series needs to kill.

Just got to the bit where...

(San Fierro spoiler)

you buy that store from Zero. WTF is Rockstar's obsession with impossible to steer model planes? FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That's one tradition the GTA series needs to kill.

Fucking right! I stopped trying eventually.... but I think that you get something for beating the Zero missions... so I might go back. I've just returned to the 1st city... but am getting fat so thath I can woo the San Fierro girls, before I beat the game.

I feel kind of sad about spending 30k at that place and not using it elsewhere. Oh well.

Argh, I am having that same trouble with my Thrustmaster's right axis too. I tried to map it to the mouse to trick it into mouselook, but it didn't work with the joypad and 'mouse' at the same time. I hope they do some patching for the controls, I think I'm just going to use the standard mouse/keyboard for now.

They recommend a twin-axis gamepad in their specs, but the support doesn't seem that solid. I thought Thrustmaster were fairly popular pads.

Logitech my friend :)