Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

San Andreas (PC)

The thing I like most about GTA:SA is the lack of loading screens. the only time you get a few milliseconds of black screen is when you walk in and out of a building/shop/house. Which isn't that often, really.

And what other game let's you drive a rig cross country one moment and has you competing in a low rider street race 5 minutes later without loading screens!

Did you ever try the PS2 version? That thing takes a while to load

I have always loved GTA. My only complaint, which they don't seem to get after 5 versions of the game is the fact that you end up in a hospital after a mission is failed, and you have to drive all the way back to the mission. It gets old after repeating it 5 or 6 times. I wish you can just restart the mission from the point where you last died.

I have always loved GTA. My only complaint, which they don't seem to get after 5 versions of the game is the fact that you end up in a hospital after a mission is failed, and you have to drive all the way back to the mission. It gets old after repeating it 5 or 6 times. I wish you can just restart the mission from the point where you last died.

Isn't there a taxi cab outside the hospital that takes you back? I seem to remember that existing since GTA3.

One of the girlfriends in SA works in the hospital, and can sort it for you so you don't lose your weapons when you get wasted.

Isn't there a taxi cab outside the hospital that takes you back? I seem to remember that existing since GTA3.

I remembered that in vice, but I can't seem to figure out how to approach a taxi without car jacking it.

I hate the radio controlled flying mission with the machine gun plane.

I'm on the mission as well, I always run out of g'damn fuel. I hate Zero because of this mission, whiney little pimple-faced prick

I can't blow up mike's chopper. I've used like 35 rounds of explosives.

I think you have a homing rocket launcher in that one. Hold down the shoot button until the targeting reticle turns red.

Damn thing did not recognize the right analog thumb stick on the thrustmaster gamepad. Anyone else had this problem or everyone is playing it using a mouse and keyboard? I might just end up doing that. Also is it just me or does the mouse seem way too sensitive?

I bought a new controller (the official PS2 one) mainly because the flying was impossible with the lousy third-party controller I had.

So it's difficult on the PC too, then?

Difficult is an under statement.

After the first HOUR of flight school, watching the stock vid of the plane doing it in 20 seconds, I was thinking, "you know, flying an actual plane couldn't possibly be this difficult." Which seems like an assinine thought.

The problem is that while you can change controls for the game, they don't give you a full spread of all of the many controls.

I imagine they just did what they do on the console version. Whatever you bind one button to, the same button acts as another control later. Even if it means that you'd need 6 hands.

For Vice City I completely remapped controls. I hope they're not as bad in San Andreas...

Flying the apachehunter helicopter is a bitch, cause it's way too over reactive. if you're using a keyboard, tap the controls gently don't hold them for too long, and make damn sure that you don't tilt it beyond 45 degrees, else you'll crash it in no time.

The thing I have the most trouble with is aiming. If anything needed a "lock on target" button, it was this. I've used the [ ] targeter in the POV selections, and did eventually beat the freaking TWO MINUTE TRAINING MISSION AFTER AN HOUR .... no, I'm not bitter.