Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

San Andreas (PC)

I wonder if I'll be able to get past that wretched 'wrong side of the tracks' mission on the PC. :frusty:

--Erwin

I beat that on ps2 accidently by falling off the bike and landing on the train. On the pc version, I can't get past it :(

That's odd, I beat that level on my first try. I guess I shouldn't brag about that though considering that I had a lot of trouble with the dancing mission near the beginning of the game due to the fact that I always forgot which button was which (like getting the triangle mixed up with the square and getting that mixed up with the X). It also took me 2 billion tries for the RC plane mission.

RC Plane Mission, my old nemesis... you made me stop playing San Andreas entirely.

Haha, that dancing mission was crazy. Somehow I couldn't manage to remember the location of the buttons either. I kept mixing them up halfway through. Anyway, I grabbed a piece of paper, drew the button layout on it, and taped it on the TV, just below the screen. Instant success! :clap:

--Erwin

I stopped playing it on the ps2 a while ago in Las Venturas. The bit where you have to get the bird to give you a security card pissed me off. She didn't like pizza, or burgers! what the hell? A mate said you have to get your hair cut or some shit. Fuck that.

The dancing mission was annoying too.

I stopped playing it on the ps2 a while ago in Las Venturas. The bit where you have to get the bird to give you a security card pissed me off. She didn't like pizza, or burgers! what the hell? A mate said you have to get your hair cut or some shit. Fuck that.

The dancing mission was annoying too.

You don't even have to take her out. Just go to her place dressed as the gimp three or four times.

Ok, so I just got it. it's still lying in my backback in it virgin plastic (or whatever). Now I will just work a couple of hours on by bachelor-paper before letting myself unwrap it and play..... ahh the expectations.... :mock:

I found the controls to be a bit akward at first too. I had been playing Vice City lately in anticipation of SA, so I overhauled the controls to be more like Vice. But there are more buttons needed for San Andreas for all the other crap, it takes a lot of fiddling.

That train mission took me a few tries as well, Smoke shoots like a wimp and the guys on the train seem to take alot more hits then your average gangster. When I finally passed it, I concentrated on staying just outside the tracks and keeping Smoke lined up with one guy at a time.

Overall I love the game though, I've always loved the open-ended GTA style and Rockstars humor. The story line is cool too, with some nice twists. There's just so much to do, it can be overwelming (I don't understand how guys can be acheiving 100% completion).

General, theres a nice big gold chain at the Zip store in San Fierro if you want to complete the Mr. T look.

One day I will understand what makes computer game players go weak at the knees over GTA, one day.

I've played all the different versions of the game, after many encouragments by various mates and I still don't see the point in wasting my time with this series.

Admitedly I was hooked on the original GTA on the PC for two weeks then I realised how frustrating the levels were. How unclear some of the missions appeared. Plus some atrocious AI to boot.

And then it finally went 3-D, and things got worse. every scenario a player gets into becomes a microcosm, where nothing outside that acknowledges the events in a realistic manner. Rockstar have done a really good job of giving the illusion that there is a living breathing city around you, but due to the predictability of the loading times, I never felt it very convincing.

The PC versions of the 3-D games have been the only ones worth playing because the control system is completely retarded, it makes me want to play linear games just so I can feel like I have some choice over my actions.

GTA has become a jack of all trades, master of none, I played the RC plane mission on VC and it had me close to tears. The uncompromising manner of some of the missions mean that the player might as well going from A to B.

Shit, I actually preferred Mercenaries and The Getaway. Limited in their scope as they were at least they performed correctly the parts they did attempt.

As for completing the game a hundred percent, the characterisation was so weak I couldn't have cared less...

Well Lik-Sang is very reliable, I've ordered stuff from them.

Ok so I just bought it. Now I have to sit here at work for another 4 and a half hours then I can go home and fire it up. Luckily it comes with awesome packaging and a groovy book.

yeah, the packaging is great :) Too bad they thought it was nescesarry to translate it to dutch here ¬ ¬

Speaking of ordering from lik sang, they have an european thingy, but I can't find out if they have a ps2 controller at the european part of their site. Anyone got any good pointers to where I can buy a good gamepad for my pc? Is it usefull to buy a real ps2 controller with one of those converters?

One day I will understand what makes computer game players go weak at the knees over GTA, one day.

I've played all the different versions of the game, after many encouragments by various mates and I still don't see the point in wasting my time with this series.

Admitedly I was hooked on the original GTA on the PC for two weeks then I realised how frustrating the levels were. How unclear some of the missions appeared. Plus some atrocious AI to boot.

And then it finally went 3-D, and things got worse. every scenario a player gets into becomes a microcosm, where nothing outside that acknowledges the events in a realistic manner. Rockstar have done a really good job of giving the illusion that there is a living breathing city around you, but due to the predictability of the loading times, I never felt it very convincing.

The PC versions of the 3-D games have been the only ones worth playing because the control system is completely retarded, it makes me want to play linear games just so I can feel like I have some choice over my actions.

GTA has become a jack of all trades, master of none, I played the RC plane mission on VC and it had me close to tears. The uncompromising manner of some of the missions mean that the player might as well going from A to B.

Shit, I actually preferred Mercenaries and The Getaway. Limited in their scope as they were at least they performed correctly the parts they did attempt.

As for completing the game a hundred percent, the characterisation was so weak I couldn't have cared less...

Couldn't agree with you more.

I wish that my exams were already over. Though I know full well that I'll get stuck in a mission half-way through and never even get to see all the areas of the game :(...

The thing I like most about GTA:SA is the lack of loading screens. the only time you get a few milliseconds of black screen is when you walk in and out of a building/shop/house. Which isn't that often, really.

And what other game let's you drive a rig cross country one moment and has you competing in a low rider street race 5 minutes later without loading screens!

In the racing mission with Catalina and the guy from GTA 3, the only way I could win was to turn the sound off and play deaf.

Wait till you get to the advanced driving school. Getting bronze or better on those is so goddamn hard!