Sign in to follow this  
melmer

E3 2016: Content Experience

I am excited about Prey, mostly because it is Arkane making it. Hopefully the Austin office has the same development chops as the French one.

I've been told not to post publicly what I'm working on. But! I figure vague references are safe. Reception seems mostly positive so that's cool. :D

Chris Avellone is a writer for Prey too.

"Prey Too" should be the name of this game.

I'm fully on board with the third person interpretive dance genre

Actually, I'm going to post two times in a row just to insert this video into the Idle Thumbs hivemind as soon as I can:

Can we have a mini Wizard Jam, or Fiction Jam, or whatever, that's just designed around explaining what the fuck is going on in this video

Last Guardian has a release date. Is that a sign of the apocalypse?

Kojima has been playing a long con. At the next big press event he'll reveal that he is a baby named Joakim Mogren piloting an adult human sized mech suit. He will be joined on stage by Dr. Sergio Cannavaro. They will say "Kept you waiting, huh? Bet you're ashamed of your words and deeds now!" also "Nanomachines!"

DEATH STRANDING = ADDING NET TRASH = HATING STERN DAD #wakeupsheeple

So...Spiderman? I don't think theres ever been a good Spiderman game, and I've never played anything put out by Insomniac, so I've not got particularly high hopes for it.

The Hideo Kojima thing is a Survivor, Island, Vote People off it thing. You showed compassion to the baby so the audience voted to keep you on, the baby did not gather as many votes. Those dead fish and other sea things? The day 6 challenge. The 5 floating metal things? Cameras, or the net around it. 

Why all the other crazy stuff? They're all on drugs.

So...Spiderman? I don't think theres ever been a good Spiderman game, and I've never played anything put out by Insomniac, so I've not got particularly high hopes for it.

For their time Spider-man on PS1 and Spider-man 2 on PS2 were good games, they certainly don't hold up now. Insomniac are a solid developer with some very fun games(Ratchet & Clank series, Resistance 3) so all of that has me interested in this. Also the trailer looked rather fun. Maybe Marvel are finally taking licensed games as seriously as their films.

Pretty excited about the new zelda game :) seems like they put the ingredients of a lot of other genre's into it.  Things that come to mind immediately include monster hunter, dark souls, and perhaps from the best zelda game: okami.

The new Zelda felt pretty fantastic! I really loved the art style in both yesterday's reveal trailer and the Treehouse gameplay sessions.

There's so much new there that they have borrowed from western RPGs that this will be a wild ride. I really expect fun things with the bouldering and parkouring climbing walls, mountains and rocks.

I am so excited for Zelda, I've watched about 3 hours of the livestream from this morning now, will probably watch the rest later. I really like the physics in the open world exploration; I know other games have kinda done this but none really that I've played a lot of. Not impressed with how quickly some of those items break, but hopefully late-game weapons will be durable/indestructable. It would suck if you were fighting a boss and suddenly you're out of weapons to use!

Quantic Dream, never grow up, you hear me, never grow up. 

The animation of the characters looks weird and it seems David Cage and his team still doesn't know shit about animating facial expressions and mouth movement on human characters. The idea behind the game's gameplay does sound fascinating if it really is as open on the different ways how the story and scenes can develop.

I'm surprised that I'm impressed by Zelda. It looks like a complete departure from what Nintendo normally do. I'm actually enthused for this game.

Holy crap the graphical fidelity is awful. It's at times worse than FC2 itself. Is this a Wii U thing?

Yeah, it's Wii U, but I don't know what you're on about. That game is gorgeous.