Sign in to follow this  
melmer

E3 2016: Content Experience

I don't know what I was expecting, but I was vaguely enthusiastic about the prospect of E3 happening again. Then I read predictions for what the big conferences would hold and oh shit what up

Slightly more seriously, what can I expect to see if I watch some E3 streams? Is it all game reveals on a stage and people with T-shirts an blazers?

I will probably just be tuning into Nintendo's Treehouse streams. Last year and the year before, it was basically a few days of ~8 hour streams showcasing game demos and interviews with the devs, which is basically all I want to see. The Treehouse folk are also super duper fun and rad, although two of my favourite members have recently left the team.

I'm looking forward to when the man in the suit comes out and talks about sports.

Also when forza man comes out and talks about forza like he has done for the last 10 years running.

It is the time of the year when the mecha goose is approaching again.

Is the old Idle Thumbs E3 video still existing somewhere from when the Thumbs news crew went to E3?

Watched the Deus Ex livestream last night and the Watch Dogs 2 videos this morning and I AM HYYYYYYYYYYPED!

No, seriously. Watch Dogs 2 looks very good.

Especially as a response to the post asking for more information, this is easily my favorite post on the forum in months.

I was confused for a few minutes as to what kind of joke was being made.

Such a weird gaming era too, I mean, ODAMA, a tactical pinball warring game by Nintendo.

The releases and announcements I wanted to hear happened within the last 2 weeks, I guess I don't need E3 anymore?

(Hello Idle Forums this is my first post)

The releases and announcements I wanted to hear happened within the last 2 weeks, I guess I don't need E3 anymore?

(Hello Idle Forums this is my first post)

The fun is watching the press conferences to see all the dumb ways that companies try and re-present the stuff that everyone already knows. Also, hi!

The fun is watching the press conferences to see all the dumb ways that companies try and re-present the stuff that everyone already knows. Also, hi!

So true. I hope the PC conference is more funny and less shameful this time.

I'm gonna be upfront, the only thing I care about at this E3 (that I am currently aware of, there might be a new announcement that has not yet leaked) is Zelda. That said, I am super duper excited about this:

13443055_1098413246886471_70206196699434

... Is that official art? That's fucking beautiful and imbues me with a fuck load of hope for the game if so!!

There's gonna be something I worked on on the E3 show floor for the first time ever and it's kind of exciting!

Yep it's official, Nintendo just made it into its Facebook banner. Also wow Twig that's awesome! I suppose you'll be able to let us know what you worked on after it's revealed?