Hey, I'm IN Canada and she's still too far away to chill.

So tomorrow is a PD day, meaning that while I'm going in to work the kids will not be there. This left today as the day for all of the Halloween festivities (including costumes) at school. It is also the day that I happened to be teaching a chemistry lesson. I taught the lesson in character (as much as I could) and a student hung back a little bit at the mid-morning break to help me film the following. You can hear her giggling a bit. Very unprofessional in a camera operator, but in her defence, she's 9.

...I went to university for 7 years to do this.

...I went to university for 7 years to do this.

Time and money well spent! 

Also, seriously, you have to be a great teacher. 

I finally got around to carving a pumpkin for this year:

WjrFOtF.jpg

It's this thing

Elna9Rz.png

from one of my favorite webcomics (http://www.last-halloween.com/)

It turned out ok. I still haven't quite figured out the best way to take pictures of jack-o-lanterns.

So, Phycho with live orchestra was awesome. I've never seen it before.

I didn't know Marion died half way through!

The live orchestra really brought the creep factor up a notch i though, all those stabbing bows.

The film itself was excellent. Hilarious 60s-ness aside (woman in bra and knife attack being a watershed moments in sexuality and violence on screen apparently! - and "he's a transvestite!" during the oh so helpful explanation of the entire movie at the end) some of the shots were amazing. The zoom on Marion's eye was insane, I love it - a standout amongst many amazing shots. I also loved the extended periods of action with no talking (disposing of the body etc) where only the orchestra were playing over the action.

I didn't know

But now everyone here definitely does!

Apparently the shot of a toilet flushing was also a first for mainstream US film/tv.

So, Phycho with live orchestra was awesome. I've never seen it before.

I didn't know Marion died half way through!

The live orchestra really brought the creep factor up a notch i though, all those stabbing bows.

The film itself was excellent. Hilarious 60s-ness aside (woman in bra and knife attack being a watershed moments in sexuality and violence on screen apparently! - and "he's a transvestite!" during the oh so helpful explanation of the entire movie at the end) some of the shots were amazing. The zoom on Marion's eye was insane, I love it - a standout amongst many amazing shots. I also loved the extended periods of action with no talking (disposing of the body etc) where only the orchestra were playing over the action.

In my film class, our lecturer was showing us that film. He frequently paused to discuss things about the film (it took two 3 hour classes to watch it this way). During one of these pauses he told us that spoiler and said it was a great choice but very disconcerting for the audience.

He spoiled the film during a viewing of the film?! EXTREME SPOILERS!

As long as we're sharing Thumb tweets, Steve Gaynor pointed out that the inventor of the Ouija board has one carved into his tombstone:

post-33601-0-24136000-1414777494_thumb.jpg

Well, Halloween is come and gone. I got most of my Halloween viewing in (I usually don't) and all the candy goes on discount tomorrow when the Christmas aisles start going up.

So, the big Halloween party I'm going to is tonight, and I'm putting the finishing touches on my costume:

g7vrJjE.jpg

p5roYlI.png

yvSAHLj.png