I like that mushroom one.

I can agree with this. Evil cartoon mushrooms are basically the best mushrooms.

this was last years' pumpkin attempt.  it was done all with a dremmel tool and scraping the inside thinner in some spots to get better light through.

i regret knocking it out on the right, made it rather unstable especially after the cats got curious. (anyone unfamiliar, its Omniknight from Dota2)

post-33948-0-40523600-1412030787.pngpost-33948-0-69350800-1412030787_thumb.png

You realize you'll need to buy a My Little Pony shirt if you do the latter.

If you want to make it really authentic, you'll have to decide which pony best represents you.

Also, my BR copy of Bride of Frankenstein came with a second Ultraviolet code for some reason. Anyone here want it?

You realize you'll need to buy a My Little Pony shirt if you do the latter.

If you want to make it really authentic, you'll have to decide which pony best represents you.

Also, my BR copy of Bride of Frankenstein came with a second Ultraviolet code for some reason. Anyone here want it?

Scorpion wears a My Little Pony shirt? This is a pretty funny image regardless if you're talking the MK character or the armored bug.

Clearly you haven't seen the latest Mortal Kombat X trailer.

I meant the former.

For reference, here's last year's stab at Scorpion:

9pbuYrF.jpg

If I go the Reddit Atheist route, I was intending to get a shirt and iron on some letters; I was thinking either #notallmen or #gamergate. Maybe just #notallgamers.

Compromise: iron text onto a pony shirt

Also, only thirty beautiful days left of pumpkin-flavoured/scented EVERYTHING.

WkfTEFh.jpg

Since I quit drinking beer a couple of years ago, I've really missed the Pumpkin Ale season.  This year, Pumpkin Apple Cider was introduced.  It is not the same. 

To celebrate the start of Halloween, we watched stuff!  Started with a German vampire flick We Are the Night.  It's the story of three women vampires and their recent adoption of a fourth convert.  It's...good.  Parts of it are truly excellent, and there are some intriguing ideas in it.  Unfortunately it ends up going a direction that didn't do much for me (and that I felt somewhat betrayed one of the best ideas in the film).  Which maybe that was the point.  But if you like vampire flicks, it's worth watching an interesting take. 

Then we watched the first three episodes of Season 1 of the Twilight Zone.  The intro to that still gives me chills.

Then we watched the first three episodes of Season 1 of the Twilight Zone.  The intro to that still gives me chills.

Yessssss. Twilight Zone is great viewing this time of year.

Yessssss. Twilight Zone is great viewing this time of year.

After watching them, I went and looked up some "best of" lists for future watching. I think I've seen pretty much everything on those lists, but its been forever. 

Tonight is our local Zombie Walk! It's also game 1 of the Royals baseball playoff series. Normally we actually do the walk, but this year we may have to find a bar with a good view of the street so we can watch both baseball and zombies. It'll be a shame not to dress up again though. This is us from a couple of years ago:

post-33601-0-74236200-1412259781_thumb.jpg

They are showing Psycho with Live Orchestra on October 30th here \o/