Jake

Dota Today 1: QOP Top and POTM Bottom

Is this for people who want to enter the exciting world, or for those who are already there? Will I need a glossary?

Despite not being part of the target audience, I am genuinely thrilled to see the Idle Thumbs empire expand.  Congrats Nick, congrats Sean.

Is this for people who want to enter the exciting world, or for those who are already there? Will I need a glossary?

I think it's for people who are already there. This episode doesn't go too deep/insane after listening to most of it, but here is a telling sign: The episode title, while looking like insane nonsense, actually makes sense to many who have been playing Dota for a while.

Edit: I just got to the part that I can't understand at all. Still enjoying it for the enthusiasm alone. This is what Idle Thumbs must sound like to my mom.

I just got to the part that I can't understand at all. Still enjoying it for the enthusiasm alone. This is what Idle Thumbs must sound like to my mom.

You should guest-star and keep making them explain the jargon. And use your Jimmy Stewart dad voice the whole time.

I didn't mind Dota 2 talk on the podcast, so I'll just take this as a chance to hear more Thumbs. Enthusiasm for games is always contagious, at least at this point in my life.

Well, while I don't really play DOTA, I just want to say congrats on expanding the lineup.

I will probably listen to it later, but right before I go to bed, the way I listen to some sports-based podcasts: I don't know what they're talking about, so I dont have to pay attention, but I have voices soothing me to sleep.

Awesome. All I had to do was click the URL. Thankee. Looking forward to the listen!

Go to add podcasts - add feed or whatever, and then use http://www.idlethumbs.net/feeds/dotatoday

It took me a while to find this... mostly because of what I consider horrible UX in the new iTunes. So you'll want to click the top left button in the newest iTunes, the one that is a half-filled box. Once you are there click Show Menu Bar and then go to File -> Subscribe to Podcast.

Good luck with this new thing you're cooking! I liked the first episode, despite knowing zilch about LOMAs. I also need some getting used to licensed rock music book-ending the podcast. It's not bad, just never done before on Idle Thumbs. Keep it up.

Will you guys be trying out LoL any bit? Or looking at the up and comings.

The Thumbs vs GB Dota smackdown is coming.

OH SHIT.

Okay I remember hints of this happening a few episodes ago and had begun to think it was a fever dream. Now I'm less frustrated with the constant "WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT DOTA" on the main 'cast. I listen now.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna' keep listening to this even though I have no idea what anyone is talking about. I love the sheer enthusiasm.

All us LoL players are gonna bitch and moan every week, guaranteed.

But we'll listen anyway, because we'll love to hear about your horrible-turn-speed related pain.

ll us LoL players are gonna bitch and moan every week, guaranteed.

But we'll listen anyway, because we'll love to hear about your horrible-turn-speed related pain.

What's to bitch and moan about? Cool stories/discussions are such no matter which game.

All us LoL players are gonna bitch and moan every week, guaranteed.

We're planning to check out LoL at some point in the near future! LoL was actually the game that got me into Dota.