elmuerte

Deus Ex 3

All right, how the hell do I use my casie augmentation? First thing I did was spend to points on that thing, and:

• The instructions are weird and makes it seem like it's automatically used, but
  • I don't see anything special when talking to people.

I bought all that stuff at once, so not sure if there are different levels, but for me there was a personality type hud on the upper left that would say their personality, then the options that were given would say which option a certain personality would prefer(though I wish it did this once and you had to remember because they may as well did away with telling me anything and just highlight the right option, which would have been just as stupid but saved me time)

Also a prompt will pop up at some point to hit space bar to gas them so they do whatever you want.

I think the whole manipulate a conversation augmentation is probably the best argument those activists have, that shit would be dangerous.

So, should I be seeing these in all conversations? I've had quite a few talks with the helicopter lady, the boss, the receptionist, the secretary, the old lady outside, etc. and there's nothing other than the conversation choices. Do I have to turn it on somehow? Is it a bug?

I haven't been paying attention, but yeah its been in all the conversations I can think of and should just be active automatically.

its been in all the conversations I can think of and should just be active automatically.
You won't see it in all, or even most, conversations.

I bought it right after finishing the first mission. After getting it I've talked to the chopper lady, David Sarif, the drug stealing guy in my office and the old lady that approaches you outside the building. Can you remember if any of those had the thing?

I bought it right after finishing the first mission. After getting it I've talked to the chopper lady, David Sarif, the drug stealing guy in my office and the old lady that approaches you outside the building. Can you remember if any of those had the thing?

I'm not absolutely sure but I think none of those conversations had it. Go talk to the guy the drug stealer mentions. The ability was definitely active during that conversation.

The casie aug isn't terribly useful, the argument/debate scenarios can still be easily won without it.

There's a fair number of conversations beyond those that it'll pop up in, but it's still not that common. (There's at least one side quest where the only way to get the ideal outcome is with the casie aug, and a few others where it opens up extra options and and rewards.)

It's something you'll see pop up maybe a total of 20 times over the course of the game, it just pops up automatically.

It's only two praxis points though, so it's not like it really hurts you to take it. The game is really generous with the progression. I just finished a pretty thorough run on the hardest difficulty and ended up with a 90/95% build, not even ten praxis points shy of maxing out every aug.

Yeah I got it way later, and I guess I wasn't paying attention that much or just hit a string of them, which makes sense because they were main quest type situations, but even the last couple side quests I did had them, so I guess I figured it was in all of them.

won't valve flag you some time when using that mod?

what, like delete some of my "time played?" or wipe out my achievements or something? either way, i don't give a rat's ass. although i would be slightly miffed if people started telling me i can't mod my PC games, which is the key selling point to me sometimes, i.e. Bethesda games

All right, how the hell do I use my casie augmentation? First thing I did was spend to points on that thing, and:

• The instructions are weird and makes it seem like it's automatically used, but
  • I don't see anything special when talking to people.

So far I was able to use it twice. A button will show up during conversations, and then you simply select the proper option based on whether somebody is alpha, beta or gamma.

Anyway... I just beat the first boss, it was a barrel of fun (get it :getmecoat). Seriously, it sucked big time. Sneaking through the whole plant, and I just barge into that room like like a 16 year old rich girl on her birthday party.

Yeah I got it way later, and I guess I wasn't paying attention that much or just hit a string of them, which makes sense because they were main quest type situations, but even the last couple side quests I did had them, so I guess I figured it was in all of them.

Wait... what? They went out of their way to contract someone else to put in the second shittiest part(animation being the first) of their game? Wow, they probably paid a lot of money for that.

best quote: "I wouldn't call a boss smart, I'd call them challenging"

Challenging?! No, it's not, just frustrating. The first boss fight it pretty much concluded after 30 seconds or so. And most-likely, you died.

A challenging boss fight is something that puts you on the edge of your seat for a minute or two and just make it the 2nd (or maybe 3rd time).

It's not retrying it 20 times to figure out what to do and then eventually win using quite some luck.

Also, boss fights should fit in the rest of the game. The first boss fight didn't feel like part of deus ex for me.

I don't think the bosses themselves are so much the problem, i think it's more the way they're positioned within this game. They're a bottleneck, all your options disappear, and you're left with a task that you very realistically may not be equipped or specced to deal with. They're jarringly disconnected from the rest of the experience.

Alpha Protocol had this problem too when it came to bosses, though Alpha Protocol was also kind of just bad in general.

I'd agree with that statement for the first boss, Sno. But by the second one I was more then equipped to deal with pretty much anything(middle roaded my character after that first one) and it still was the most frustrating pile of shit I ever played until I just threw a bunch of shit at it... which is how the first one ended too; so that says more than enough about the design of these things.

Alpha Protocol had this problem too when it came to bosses, though Alpha Protocol was also kind of just bad in general.

At least Alpha Protocol's bosses had the decency to glitch out and let me kill them easily. Also, Alpha Protocol, flawed as it was, was amazingly ambitious in it's adaptive story and character reputation systems. It was also kind of janky all over though, meaning that it was less out of character for the boss fights to be not-so-good. DXHR is not as ambitious, but also more polished in every regard. Which means that these utter shit boss fights are much less excusable to my mind. Not only do they stand out more due to the polish level of everything else, but I can't say "but look at this OTHER, totally mind-blowing thing that the game does", which I could say about Alpha Protocol. Don't get me wrong, moment to moment, DXHR is the better game. Somehow though, I feel like it will also be less memorable (for good and ill) than Alpha Protocol, and as a result less special.

Yeah Deus Ex feels like an older game, nothing is blowing my mind, its just fun... though Im getting a tired of it quicker.

I always wanted to play AP, but never got it running on my machine, I just wanted to see the story/character design playout after Remo talked about it on the castro situation.

Maybe one day I'll try to get it to work again and see for myself.

I think I'm at the point of ragequitting this game now. I was enjoying it for the first few missions, but then there was that horrible boss that took me at least twenty tries to get past, which kind of made me dread ever playing the game again. I pressed on, but it turned out that all the subsequent missions have been pretty much the same as the first few, except there might be some more enemies that are hard to get past if I didn't happen to guess the right combination of augments.

Now I'm in what I assume is the last mission of the second hub, but I keep getting spotted and immediately killed and having to wait at a load screen for least 45 seconds each time that happens, and all of this is colored by the knowledge that another terrible boss is coming up.

It's possible I should have just set it to "tell me a story" difficult because I'm a baby (I'm on the middle difficulty), but I don't care about the story, so if I'm not getting anything out of the mechanics, I don't know what would be the point of playing through the rest of it at all, other than spite.

There's a larger disparity between the level of internet hype (even from sources I usually agree with) and my actual enjoyment of this game than for any other game in recent memory.

I honestly wouldn't write off the story either though, probably the most interesting story I've come across in a game in a long time. As for the boss fights, there's only 4, so it's really a super tiny part of the game. What part are you stuck on? I never found the stealth to be unfair, I actually think the stealth is really well done, bonus points for not having a "alarm trigger is game over" mission like every other stealth game in existence. I'm also kinda mental and have started my 3rd playthrough.

Almost any given scene has so many options I really can't agree with "having to guess the right combination of augments". Even playing the game without combat augments I was acutely aware I could make things a lot easier for myself if I chose to start headshotting people and ducking away. There are paths everywhere, maybe you just need to look for another one.

From what I heard (I haven't reached the point yet) the exclusive mission is a 5 to 10 minute side quest that isn't at all essential for the "complete experience".

Correction. The exclusive mission is integrated in the main mission: instead of a person giving you the information you need right away, you have to do him a favour first. Still, the mission is very short, a bit uninteresting and it doesn't reveal anything shocking. You won't miss much.

Interesting feedback by everyone. It's good to know that there's only 4 of these (apparently) terrible boss missions. I nearly got talked out of buying this from shammack's complaints, but other people's comments have managed to sway me back around again.