elmuerte

Deus Ex 3

Can't kill anyone in the intro either.

That's how you call it? Yeah, I mean that one. The one where you don't have any sneaky weapons yet.

Just a minor hint. If you are going for the pacifist achievement, you are not allowed to kill even in the first kind-of-tutorial-level. Yeah, written out like this it seems obvious, but there are certain people who did not think about that. Just saying. Not that it matters, stupid achievements!

And Yes, mouse and keyboard worked perfectly fine for me as well.

This totally got me, since it didn't really feel like part of the game. Annoying!

Yeah, and then a couple of my friends acted like I was an idiot when I expressed surprise over it. Almost made me want to do another non-lethal speed run just to get the achievement and show them I wasn't.

Annoying!

Yep. Especially when for the rest of the entire game you meticulously make sure that every single person you knock out is really only sleeping and can not accidentally slide into an electrified puddle or explosion or some other pixel-deadly video game contraption all the while your secret kill-counter actually already is at >0 which renders the whole endeavour an exercise in stupid.

(I'm not really angry or something, I just have other shit to do.)

That whole achievement ruined the game for a lot of people, I think. If only those damn things were better designed. 

I liked the way Dishonored handled this stuff better; don't reward XP for takedowns, that incentivises a certain kind of play. Make the upgrades of abilities part of the world. 

Yeah, or the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines way, where rewards for world- and story-traversal were method-agnostic.

Absolutely. One of the frustrating things about Far Cry 3 was the same 'take this camp w/out detection and get 3x the xp'. It rewards a certain kind of play with exterior rewards, not through the experience itself. Which you'd hope, as a designer, would be reward enough. 

1363785086-10353dxhrdc-wiiu-action01.jpg

In the WiiU special edition you play as Adam Jenson playing as Adam Jensen on a WiiU special edition Adam Jensen WiiU touch screen pad

Hilariously when you google Adam Jensen the top most suggested search is Adam Jensen coat. Trust me, you would not look cool in an Adam Jensen coat! I would, but I look good in everything, and I could total rock those augmented elbow butter knifes. I can picture myself in the staff kitchen, toaster just popped, "would you like me to butter them for you" (I've been hanging around the toaster for half an hour for precisely this reason) "oh that would be lovely thank you, shall I grab you a knife?" "No need, stand back mutha fucka"....

Skip forward 5 minutes...

Everything went as planned, my colleague is enjoying her evenly buttered toast and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I don my Adam Jensen coat, close my augmented face shades and walk back over to the toaster, because hey! Those bagels ain't gonna butter them selfs, oh you want cream cheese with a hint of chilli? Not a problem

The boss fights are apparently being redesigned for the Wii U version.

Oh yeah, that's clever

"The Director's Cut offers a full slate of Wii U GamePad features including touch-screen hacking, interactive map editing, augmented sniping, grenade throwbacks and many other neural hub enhancements. Along with in-depth Miiverse integration, the Director's Cut also provides access to developer commentaries and in-game guides.

Tongs's Rescue mission and the entire Missing Link chapter have also been integrated seamlessly into the narrative flow of the Director's Cut. Other core Deus Ex: Human Revolution augmentations include overhauled boss fights, refined game balance and combat, improved AI, and striking visual improvements which make this edition the best looking and most immersive Deus Ex experience available."

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/03/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut.html

All sounds spiffing. Definitive version! Shame it's on the Nintendo Lolz box. I wonder if they'll patch the other versions?

Interesting decision to integrate The Missing Link into the core game. I did a little research before playing and advice from other players was to wait until after finishing the main game before playing the DLC (which I'm yet to do), as it contains giveaways of story reveals yet to happen. Maybe that isn't the case? In which case: for fucks sake. By the time I finished the game I had Dishonored burning for my attention so it's totally ruined my flow now. Might have to replay DE:HR at some point so I can get back into it.

the dlc mainly explains something that has to do with the last battle, interesting, but not a huge deal.