elmuerte

Deus Ex 3

you guys are overthinking it. i just stuck to the outside of the room and pecked away at his health with the revolver. that plasma rifle of his is so slow that you can dodge it if you keep your distance. and if you didn't take the chip earlier, you can use the x-ray vision to figure out where he is.

you guys are overthinking it. i just stuck to the outside of the room and pecked away at his health with the revolver. that plasma rifle of his is so slow that you can dodge it if you keep your distance. and if you didn't take the chip earlier, you can use the x-ray vision to figure out where he is.

Yeah, and the AI has him constantly scrambling to stay close to you to compensate for the plasma rifle's slow projectile speed.

So i kept just backpedaling and throwing out mines that he'd keep running straight into, and then be staggered by the explosion so i could just dump ammo with whatever i had.

Took me about an hour to beat the third guy. What I ended up doing was getting him to jump onto my mines, then slamming him in the face with that giant laser while he was reeling. Took about 3 mines worth. That laser actually is pretty good, but enemies don't really react to it. It's kinda weird that way.

It's also an instant kill on unarmored headshots, and can fire through walls. (Try it!)

I just shot him five times with my grenade launcher. He didn't have time to move.

not to sound like i'm walking around with my big gaming balls swinging but i beat it on the highest difficulty and didn't find it to be a hard game at all

Yeah, it wasn't that hard. I also played on the hardest ("Give me Deus Ex", was it?) and didn't find it too hard when I played stealthy (but I did load a lot of games when getting killed by just a couple of shots)

Yeah, it wasn't that hard. I also played on the hardest ("Give me Deus Ex", was it?) and didn't find it too hard when I played stealthy (but I did load a lot of games when getting killed by just a couple of shots)

Same here, did a run through on the Deus Ex difficulty and really didn't have any trouble.

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

What the fuck. I just shot a dude with my tranq gun and pulled his body around a corner. Suddenly I notice his icon is a skull... did I just kill a man with my tranq gun? Is that possible?

God damn it. Apparently it's a known issue, and the only way to see if you didn't actually kill anyone is to finish the game. While I know it's just an achievement, it's pretty annoying to go out of my way to not kill anyone and then not get the recognition for it after all that work because of sloppy programming. I really wish there was a way of knowing if you'd missed your chances at achievements like this throughout the game. Mirror's Edge had an indicator for it's Pacifist achievement.

Anyway, just to be safe I downloaded a save I can use to get the achievement in case the game breaks on me.

Damn. That sound terrible. Also, aren't saves tied to your XBL profile and so can't be shared? ;(

Yeah I dunno what the problem with the boss was, the second boss was annoying, but wasnt overly difficult.

Im really unequiped for this fight, since I tried unloading all my heavy ammo into him and rifle ammo, in addition with the stuff I picked up around the room. I have one mine, so that strategy doesn't work for me. Tried the laser rifle and it didn't seem to do a thing; but I guess thats a hit reaction problem more then what it might actually be doing to me.

The dude can kill me in 3 shots, maybe 4 and doesn't seem to be in pain long enough for me to get close enough for a head shot when I stun him.

Could just be a bunk week for gameplaying, but I do run into the odd game where I just can't beat a certain part of it even if everything is relatively easy. I remember the GOW1 last boss being like this, then I picked it up again 3 months afterwards and finished him in 3 minutes.

So who knows, the frustration and annoyance of having to do it again is clouding my playing, most likely.

Yeah, and the AI has him constantly scrambling to stay close to you to compensate for the plasma rifle's slow projectile speed.

So i kept just backpedaling and throwing out mines that he'd keep running straight into, and then be staggered by the explosion so i could just dump ammo with whatever i had.

if you have the high jump you can jump over those cubicle walls and it takes him forever to climb over. i honestly had no problem keeping him on the other side of the room from me

Yeah I dunno what the problem with the boss was, the second boss was annoying, but wasnt overly difficult.

Im really unequiped for this fight, since I tried unloading all my heavy ammo into him and rifle ammo, in addition with the stuff I picked up around the room. I have one mine, so that strategy doesn't work for me. Tried the laser rifle and it didn't seem to do a thing; but I guess thats a hit reaction problem more then what it might actually be doing to me.

The dude can kill me in 3 shots, maybe 4 and doesn't seem to be in pain long enough for me to get close enough for a head shot when I stun him.

I felt that boss was ridiculous. Even knowing the high jump thing in advance and having a bunch of powerful weapons (which I was ONLY CARRYING BECAUSE I KNEW THERE WERE BOSSES and NEVER USED ANYWHERE ELSE EVER. Great game design there) it still took me an infuriating amount of retries.

Could just be a bunk week for gameplaying, but I do run into the odd game where I just can't beat a certain part of it even if everything is relatively easy. I remember the GOW1 last boss being like this, then I picked it up again 3 months afterwards and finished him in 3 minutes.

So who knows, the frustration and annoyance of having to do it again is clouding my playing, most likely.

Now let's not be too hasty. Assuming you're talking about Gears of War and not God of War (video gameS!) that last boss was also fucking ridiculous.

Now let's not be too hasty. Assuming you're talking about Gears of War and not God of War (video gameS!) that last boss was also fucking ridiculous.

Eh, i never felt that boss was as bad as people made it out to be. If i remember right, it was mostly just a matter of keeping your distance and staying in effective cover as he moved around.

The bosses in the second game were much, much, much more annoying.

Stupid QTE's.

don't recall GOW1's end boss being PITA, but KZ3s EB sure was terrible

Okay gave it another try... yeah that wasn't so hard, no idea why I couldn't do it the first billion times.

That's awful.

But the funny thing is, if they're contextually appropriate and there are a good enough variety of them (so we aren't seeing the same ad a billion times), I don't have a huge problem with them selling space on in-game ads. For example, with a racing sim, I have no problem with sponsor decals on the cars.

More relevantly to DX:HR, I don't think, for instance, I would have a problem if they duped the coca cola ad from blade runner in game.

Guess that's the update I just received... pretty lame. Anyway,

fuck shit piss regarding the first boss. The whole thing is so hilariously out of place. I actually wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't have to reload every time I died, and half the time I try to reload, the game just crashes (loading a game has never crashed before, but all the shit going on with the boss is probably doing it). I tried the thing with throwing the explosive stuff at him, but he takes it in stride and then kills me. This shit is so super lame god damn it how could they put this in??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But the funny thing is, if they're contextually appropriate and there are a good enough variety of them (so we aren't seeing the same ad a billion times), I don't have a huge problem with them selling space on in-game ads. For example, with a racing sim, I have no problem with sponsor decals on the cars.

The sad sad truth of life: People expect advertisements for realism.

I loath product propaganda in content I paid for. There is no good reason except greed.

The sad sad truth of life: People expect advertisements for realism.

I think that's taking it bit far. I said it didn't really bother me, I didn't say that I preferred it.

didn't say you expect it, just that a lot of people agree that advertisement adds to the realism factor to certain games. Usually racing games are mentioned as example.

Well, thanks to whoever recommended mines. I had six of seven of them by the time I got to the first boss, and after I'd hit him with all the explosive barrels in the room, I managed to take him down with two or three frag mines. It was pretty satisfying, but it's annoying to know that I'll be facing two more frustrating encounters like these.

Sorry for repeating stuff that's probably been discussed earlier, but I try to avoid whatever spoilers I can. Will the next two bosses be equally frustrating, or worse? Is there something I should keep in mind, like a certain weapon or type of mine to ensure victory? Are there any exploits I will be able to use? I seriously will not think twice about cheating my way through these super-lame encounters.

boss #2 was a walk in the park for me; killed it in the first try within a minute. I think I simply had the correct feature set.