Thyroid

The Last Guardian

Ueda was very surprised at how the world, especially the West, reacted to the game's reveal at E3. He's very happy about the positive reaction.

This makes me happy to hear. I wonder if he knows that the games he directs seem to all have a worldwide appeal?

This makes me happy to hear. I wonder if he knows that the games he directs seem to all have a worldwide appeal?

I'm more hopeful that the postive recepition equals postive sales this time around so we can push these a little more into the main stream(not casual) and hopefully create a trend of trying different, very polished ideas in games.

I might be asking too much, I just hope it's good and sells.

Probably just a case of typical Japanese modesty. I wouldn't put much stock into it.

Damn that looks scrummy. Those hard polys on the terrain, man.

So uh... how about that Last Guardian, huh?

Wait, i thought the game was uncancelled? Has it been recancelled since??

Wait, i thought the game was uncancelled? Has it been recancelled since??

The Last Guardian is not cancelled. I think the official status is "It's complicated".

Also, Vane looks sweeet!

I think the official status is "It's complicated".

And apparently some members are heading into "Maybe we should see other people, just to try it out.  No, I'm totally not breaking up with you, I just wonder if we can know what love is if we've only ever loved each other" territory. 

I just hope the energy and spirit of this project can survive whatever complications they may be dealing or have dealt with. I've had an emotional connection with this game since its first trailer because the beast closely resembles an elderly dog I lost near when it was announced. I've had it preordered since. I'm still waiting patiently.

When a game is announced for a console before that console even launches, and then still isn't out after that console has been supplanted by the next generation, even after an unusually long console cycle, maybe it's time to just let go. As hard as it may be. And I know it's hard, because The Last Guardian was the game I got my PS3 for.

I heard it was basically done other than an extensive port to PS4, but I can't even remember where or in what context I heard that.

This thread is all lies. This is not even a game. I don't even think this is a thread! The only thing this non game in a non thread full of lies should remind you of now is to go and rewatch Miller's Crossing.

Yeah, this thread should be moved into the idle banter forum as it sure as shit aint a video game

I never thought the game would work anyway. If you have loads of massive environments so the cat/dragon/bird thing can get around, surely that would just make traversal for the player really tedious and boring, forever running down cavernous corridors

If you have loads of massive environments so the cat/dragon/bird thing can get around, surely that would just make traversal for the player really tedious and boring, forever running down cavernous corridors

ummm... have you played ICO or SotC?

Anyways, I don't think this game will be vaporware like Duke Nukem Forever. It'll come out eventually. I just hope it's a product of love and not contracted torture.

Yeah, SotC is pretty boring for basically the same reason. Instead of endless cavernous corridors it's just a big empty world that you have to traverse because it doesn't make sense for one giant colossus to exist within close proximity to another.

Ico manages to work, though, because everything you're working with is human-sized. Well, mostly everything anyway? It's been a while since I played it, but I definitely don't remember ever having to run for a long time without doing anything.

Put me in the "this probably isn't a game" camp. I feel like regardless of developmental woes, Sony would've shown at least a hands-off stage demo of the game if it were anything other than a trailer strung together out of a bunch of heavily scripted animation sets.

ummm... have you played ICO or SotC?

Haha, as much as I love ICO (not so much Shadow), I loved that burn.

Thinking more about Miller's Crossing, The Last Guardian was probably a marketing set up for the delayed Blu-ray release. Unfortunately it appears the campaign failed on many fronts.