gdf

Life

I think I know which two people.

Miffy: A big retailer once sent me an SD card, in tiny packaging, but suspended in the middle of a box that was, uh, bigger than a breadbox. The thing would have gone in a jiffy bag and through my letterbox, but instead I had to spend an hour fetching it from a depot :sadtrombone:

So I went to therapy for depression for the first time today, and I was surprised that the therapist told me I might want to avoid opening up to people about it because it might hurt me more if they don't understand. And also that I might want to avoid taking medication because if it turns out it doesn't work then I might lose the hope of getting better and get more depressed. It's definitely not what I was expecting. Does this make sense to anyone else who's gotten treatment for depression?

He didn't want me to say this, but Twig really wants you to hang out with him over Christmas.

I would totally hang out with Twig. Like I said, I'm expecting to spend the entire holiday in a pointless cold war between my parents, so I wouldn't mind an out for an afternoon. I'll be in town from Friday onward, Twig, so just give me a shout through PM with your contact info or something.

So I went to therapy for depression for the first time today, and I was surprised that the therapist told me I might want to avoid opening up to people about it because it might hurt me more if they don't understand. And also that I might want to avoid taking medication because if it turns out it doesn't work then I might lose the hope of getting better and get more depressed. It's definitely not what I was expecting. Does this make sense to anyone else who's gotten treatment for depression?

Yep.

My mum doesn't really understand depression and thinks it's just something that goes away if you stop being lazy. Also anti-depressants are fairly extreme; from what I understand they tend only to be used in cases where the depression is so bad that it impedes normal function. If you respond well to non-medication treatments, anti-depressants are all downside. (The specific reasoning your therapist is giving sounds weird but then... actually hang on it's a therapist. That's not a psychiatrist!)

I was the one who got engaged! And also Sarah Argodale. Both of us. To each other. It's exciting!

CONGRATS CHRIS. AND SARAH! That is awesome, I am happy for you. 

e: derp I posted this right as Chris was making announcements. Man I'd hang out with basically anyone in New Orleans. Certainly Thumbs.

Congrats to the future Lord and Lady Remo (or maybe Lord and Lady Argodale.  Or Lord Remo and Lady Argodale.  Or Lord Argodale and Lady Remo.  Some combination of those words).

Congratulations!

have the wedding in three months so Idle Thumbs 200 is the wedding episode

so did Chris go with the jumbotron or the marching band when he popped the question

Wait, what, Argobot and Chris Remo? I'm flabbergasted!

(Actually, I've no idea, I'm just drunk.)

Congrats!

Congrats:)

I totally called this months ago, and somebody was like "oh no, they are just twitter friends". I think it was Lu.

Maybe Sarah Rargodale? As if scooby doo was on the wedding list.

Congrats:)

I totally called this months ago, and somebody was like "oh no, they are just twitter friends". I think it was Lu.

Haha, oh man. What?

(Thanks everyone for the congratulations)

I tried coming up with an anagram to match Hi-Score, but I just couldn't get there. You have saga, halo, hero in there, but I couldn't get anything to fit. So I'll just say congrats!