gdf

Life

lso this second hit is still weird. I sent an email last night clearly explaining that she'd need to send a credit report for the realtor before sending any money, and she sends me another email asking only for my address so that she can send me the rent check. Even though I said "don't send me money until credit report is accepted by realtor". AHHHH. She claims to speak English but I feel like maybe her understanding isn't the best. OR I'M BEING SCAMMED OUT OF... MY ADDRESS?

Yeah pretty much what Thrik said. This sounds almost certainly like some kind of strange scam. http://www.scambook.com/blog/2013/01/10-tips-to-avoid-being-scammed-on-craigslist/

Also, I still have a Hotmail address, but it's left over from when I was in the fifth grade and pretty much involves everything to do with me buying on ebay or signing up for things that could possibly give me junk, if even news letters. Have to keep my Gmail account as virgin as I can!

I think it's no longer possible to get a "@hotmail.com" account as of this year. It's kind of like an e-mail collector's item.

Yeah I read up a bit on it since my last post. Definitely gonna avoid this lady. Also now I'm afraid of craigslist. ):

I just want a new roommate. Can't be that hard!

I think it's no longer possible to get a "@hotmail.com" account as of this year. It's kind of like an e-mail collector's item.

Not as coveted as the legendary "@goatse.cx" though.

Summer is over and the school year as starting. I have bid farewell to student jobs (the hell with you, Starbucks) and have now embarked on my actual career. As of yesterday morning, I am actually a teacher. This is rad, but the big catch is this: Until the Teachers' Union decides that it's done processing all of my paperwork, I can't get paid. As I can't work Starbucks anymore, I have no income from that, and they're saying that they may not be done with all the bureaucracy until the end of October. After mailing the cheque to pay my starting union dues, I have $30 to get me to November. My rent is paid up until October 1st, so at least I can not stress about THIS month, but goddamn. Hopefully they're just really overestimating how long this crap will take and I'll be getting paid by the end of September. I guess we'll see. Fun times ahead.

EDIT: Holy crap. I'm not going to name names in case it embarrasses the person in question, but Idle Thumbs is home to some very generous people. I suddenly am a lot less worried than I was. Thank you so much, you know who you are.

Hah, wow you generous thumbs! I was going to ask if you could possibly borrow money from anyone because you will be getting a nice fat check later.

Good to hear Miffy about embarking on the new job, sorry about the bureaucracy though!

Month of looking, still no job. Jobs I have interviewed for and not received include washing dishes for a brunch place and Burger King. I don't know how I became so utterly unemployable, but Jesus is it disheartening. The entire application process for most jobs feels so dehumanizing. My self-esteem is at an all-time low, as is my bank account.

Sisyphus was a pussy. Where's the Greek myth about my life?

Dem Greek mytholy allusion must be making your résumé pop a bit too much.

PHONE INTERVIEWS.

I knew the answer was overloading, but for some dumb reason when she gave me the other option, encapsulation, my brain jumped to that. What why brain why. But that was literally the only thing I answered wrong, so it's probably fine. BUT IT'S SUCH AN EASY QUESTION. C'MOOOON.

Yeah I should say that it wasn't a real interview, it was more of a screening. But she asked a few of those boring "hey what's the complexity of quicksort!!!!" kinda questions at the end.

I've been pretty depressed lately, but in a different way than usual. I basically feel fine as long as I'm doing something that is holding my attention, but then as soon as I run out of things to do and start to get bored, my mood immediately plummets and I become mopey and grumpy and miserable. Once that happens it's hard to recover from it because none of the possible options for things to do seem appealing to me, but if I do manage to find something to occupy myself with, I get back to feeling OK pretty quickly.

It's weird because I'm not used to my mood varying so much; normally once I get into a funk, I don't come out of it for weeks at a time. So I guess this is an improvement? It doesn't really feel that way, though.

I've been pretty depressed lately, but in a different way than usual. I basically feel fine as long as I'm doing something that is holding my attention, but then as soon as I run out of things to do and start to get bored, my mood immediately plummets and I become mopey and grumpy and miserable. Once that happens it's hard to recover from it because none of the possible options for things to do seem appealing to me, but if I do manage to find something to occupy myself with, I get back to feeling OK pretty quickly.

It's weird because I'm not used to my mood varying so much; normally once I get into a funk, I don't come out of it for weeks at a time. So I guess this is an improvement? It doesn't really feel that way, though.

This is how my mind works all the time. First week of vacation was awful for that very reason. No job to occupy the mind and none of my mates were available yet. 

It's always good when you can identify what causes the depression. Then you can work at it and get to the root of it all.

Sorry to hear that, Shammack. Take it easy. I don't know if you can locate the source of your mopiness, and possibly make it better? Otherwise, it's OK to be a little mopey now and again. That's perfectly fine and normal as long as it doesn't drag you down too much. Life is a bumpy ride!

I have a friend from school who I saw again recently (because of PAX!), and I'm not really sure why I started thinking about this - it may have something to do with the Penny Arcade dickwolves thing that sprung back up out of nowhere, because I know for sure he'd defend it without a second thought... not out of vindictiveness, but out of sheer ignorance - but I recalled something he said once and it sort of brought back some of the anger I felt at the time. He's a rather large gentleman. Very unhealthily overweight. That may seem irrelevant to what I have to say next, but I'll get back to it. He is also very much a Christian and believes in God and Jesus and all that jazz. We have another friend, who is gay. I once got into a conversation with him about, fuck, I don't even know what it was originally about, but we came around to how he thought being gay was a sin and that our friend was born broken, some kind of test from God, and then compared that to his being born "like this", pointing to himself, indicating his obesity. At the time, I was kind of awestruck. I went dead silent and just got out of the car (as we'd just arrived at our destination). It bothered me a lot, and still does.

He is otherwise an extremely nice person and it pisses me off that he holds this belief so close to his heart. It is people like this that really hurt the belief I WANT to hold that Christianity isn't all bad, despite my own personal issues. If it can corrupt a person as nice as my friend, what hope is there.

In completely different news, my mom is sick. She's fainted several times, now, and a while ago she had some sort of "spot" in her brain. I think it got better, but not better enough apparently. I always hear about it from my dad or other family. She never talks about it when I call. This makes me sad and scared and I don't really know how to deal with it. I know she doesn't want me to worry about it because I have my own slew of other problems, and that's why she never talks about it.

All of this came to me as I was taking a break from a programming test that I have to finish tonight before flying back home from PAX tomorrow and now I'm just kind of lying here, sad. Jesus.

Haha, thanks. That actually does make me feel a little better. U:

It's because this forum is indeed a test from God.

Also, really sorry to hear about your mom. Is it kind of a permanent thing for the rest of her life to be susceptible to fainting or will the soft spot heal over?

They don't really know, last I heard. In happier news, she just recently got a new job, and she sounds pretty excited, so there's that!

Sorry for your trubs, twig. Internet hugs.

I just found somebody to take over my lease on this apartment I don't want to live in anymore, and they are even going to look after my cat until I know what I'm doing/where I want to live. I'm pretty much giving away or storing away all my shit and planning to be homeless for an indeterminate amount of time until my desire to do anything but drink and travel returns. It's sort of scary but also a thing I feel like I gots to do, I'm hella burnt out right now. I'm really hoping enough money comes together from the game that I can do some actual international travel and maybe just visit a bunch of my internet friends. Where should I go you guys?!?! I guess there's a thread for that.

I just found somebody to take over my lease on this apartment I don't want to live anymore

Don't do it!  Suicide is silly.