gdf

Life

Still, it's Christmas, etc etc. I'm going to medicate myself heavily and try to keep a fake smile on my face.

I'm pretty sure Twig has some Valium.

I finally cleaned my bathroom sink after staring at it in horror for months.

I just remembered I need to clean my toilet... urk...

...so all of the water in my apartment is now brown.

Now I'm wondering if this is enough of a problem to consider calling in on  Christmas Day, or if its more of a "this can wait a few days" type of thing.

I don't mean to. Normally, living here is great! (Well, to be fair, I've *only* ever lived in Canada, so I can't really compare it to living in other countries.)

Which is part of what makes this all so frustrating: Normally things are quite good, but lately its just been one bad thing after another.

Also the water is no longer brown brown, its closer to regular water with a bit of a yellowish tinge now. I've decided to wait for now, since I have enough stuff here to keep me hydrated until I can talk to a building person without calling the emergency line.

Maybe let it flow a bit and perhaps it'll turn normal after a while? That's what happened in my case when I had yellowish water.

I don't mean to. Normally, living here is great! (Well, to be fair, I've *only* ever lived in Canada, so I can't really compare it to living in other countries.)

It's actually kinda relieving to hear that Canada isn't perfect. I am susceptible to hype and I don't want to move there so this helps.

Why dont you want to live here?

Is something wrong with Canada? you too good for us? Hmph1!

(PS I AM DRUNK. Please ignore me.)

To top of my lonely Christmas I finished my last placement match in ranked Dota 2 matchmaking and I have a lower matchmaking rating than my friend. We both played all our placement matches together. Also we're both lower than another person we all agree is terrible at Dota 2. Me, significantly lower.

Video games. Life. Welcome.

Dota ranking does not rank YOU as a person.

You are a better person than your rank. Don't feel down, you are a good person Twig (I think) and no video game score thingy can tell me otherwise! I think.

I laughed again! That's AT LEAST two laughs today!

My daughter had one of those moments to restore your faith in humanity today.  She works at a UPS Store, and a little girl came in this afternoon to give her a friendship bracelet to thank her for helping her and her mom ship gifts to the rest of their family. 

I feel mildly triumphant. Last month I received a speeding ticket for 12 over and I have no idea why, because I wasn't speeding and I had actually just checked my speedometer before passing the cop. Apparently he used a laser radar gun which is supposed to be super accurate, but not infallible. Something went wrong and I have no idea what.

I was planning on fighting it, however when I went to court today to talk to the state prosecutor, he recommended that I not fight it since the judge usually sides with the cop in the case of laser violations. Apparently if I lost, I'd owe anywhere between $160 to $360. He recommended I do no contest and then gave me a deal where I could just pay the regular fine for court fees plus the cost of defensive driving ($150), but I would not actually have to take defensive driving and they would not it put on my driving record. He then recommended I ask the judge for community service so I would not have to pay, since I still don't have a job and all.

I went before the judge, was granted community service for 12 hours and I'm sort of excited. I have a list of things to choose from and I'm figuring out what I'd like to do right now and then I'll see what actually happens when you do community service. I'm looking forward to the experience.

What a bizarre tale! Sounds like you got caught in some weird jurisdictional wheel for no reason, couldn't stop it and now have to do some random task as a penalty. Baffling world we live in.

I'm an uncle again! My brother's wife gave birth this morn. Though, I'm likely godfather again as my sis in law has no brothers! Eep. There goes my wallet.

In the swiftness of reading, I read "my brother's wife gave birth to his mom." So I've got that going for me which is nice.

In the swiftness of reading, I read "my brother's wife gave birth to his mom." So I've got that going for me which is nice.

And thus was Oedipal Thumbs born...

I feel mildly triumphant. Last month I received a speeding ticket for 12 over and I have no idea why, because I wasn't speeding and I had actually just checked my speedometer before passing the cop. Apparently he used a laser radar gun which is supposed to be super accurate, but not infallible. Something went wrong and I have no idea what.

I was planning on fighting it, however when I went to court today to talk to the state prosecutor, he recommended that I not fight it since the judge usually sides with the cop in the case of laser violations. Apparently if I lost, I'd owe anywhere between $160 to $360. He recommended I do no contest and then gave me a deal where I could just pay the regular fine for court fees plus the cost of defensive driving ($150), but I would not actually have to take defensive driving and they would not it put on my driving record. He then recommended I ask the judge for community service so I would not have to pay, since I still don't have a job and all.

I went before the judge, was granted community service for 12 hours and I'm sort of excited. I have a list of things to choose from and I'm figuring out what I'd like to do right now and then I'll see what actually happens when you do community service. I'm looking forward to the experience.

Plea bargains like this have made the justice system in the United States incredibly exploitative.

Here is a documentary which attempts to explain the situation:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/plea/view/

I'm sorry they gave you bogus charges and then acted like they were doing you a favor by forcing you to do labor. I believe you. The system is broken.