Jake

Idle Thumbs 292: Sit In A Row And Look At The Wall

2 hours ago, eot said:

His final play time was over 50 hours and that was with him being guided by chat through parts of it, so it still took a while

He also runs past everything, which is only a good strategy maybe half of the time!

To be double fair it seems like he didn't see a good portion of the game off the main paths.

To be fair though, he did beat the game with the calamity ring on, so I'm pretty sure the rest of you are babies :-p

The way Jake quickly rattled off all the work that went into making the Idle Thumbs logo animation for the stream (with the various Windows screensavers etc.) just hammers home for the millionth time how tremendous his attention to detail, aesthetic sensibilities, and general on-top-of-it-ness are. That really goes for lots of the Thumbs, in fact, and I think it's one of the reasons the podcast they churn out is so enjoyable. They're just super capable folks, which really carries over into the conversations they have with with each other and with Nick.

4 hours ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

They're just super capable folks, which really carries over into the conversations they have with with each other and with Nick.

Yeah this is unfortunate phrasing that I doubt the poster intended!

That big pre-goof gleam from Jake is somehow even audible in the podcasts, I feel.

Ugh, I hate those 'stories from around the web' ad sections, they always exude so much sleaze and sadism. The new thing they're doing a lot at the moment is pretending Richard Branson has some awful illness (and using some repellent over-'shopped photo of him).

If anyone listens to MBMBAM (it is another podcast, there is more than one!) Griffin (and me by extension) is constantly horrified that there are ads that imply current TV stars have died who are clearly not dead. It's really extremely very gross.

On 1/5/2017 at 0:41 PM, Badfinger said:

If anyone listens to MBMBAM (it is another podcast, there is more than one!) Griffin (and me by extension) is constantly horrified that there are ads that imply current TV stars have died who are clearly not dead. It's really extremely very gross.

This happens???????