Sno

The terrible wallet scourge of the Amiibo.

I'm not convinced the Captain Falcon amiibo actually exists, because i definitely searched.

I have all of the current Amiibos except Pit and Little Mac who are impossible to find

post-6403-0-45355000-1421301706_thumb.jpg

...I'm a monster.

Hey, fellow Canadians: Target announced today that they're closing down all of their Canadian stores, so get those Rosalinas while you can.

Or at least before this guy.

Well, I've got one of these Amiibos now.  My brother ordered one for me for a Christmas present (which is actually great because it falls in that range of "interesting thing I'd probably never buy for myself") and it didn't ship until recently, but I now hold in my hands a Captain Falcon.

Bought Marth like a month ago, dunno why really. That character has no special memories to me.

I have been thinking about buying Link for Hyrule Warriors/MK8 (I don't have Smash yet, except for 3DS)

Also Captain Falcon and Fox McCloud just looks so damn cool that should get those also. But I don't want to have too many plastic figures around the apartment. Maybe I'll just wait for the next Japan trip since there these cost 8€ per character when in Finland these costs 16-17€.

A quick look on amazon.co.jp suggests that they are around 2000 yen, so £10, or $17.

Actually, the normal Amiibos cost currently in Japan around 1200 JPY. So that's about 8,50€ / £7 / 11$

don't worry you can buy those too, for a significant markup, plus international shipping!

Can you just paste some ears on a Kirby and pretend it's a Jigglypuff? I'm holding out hope that they'll someday have that sweet sweet Puff Amiibo someday. (I don't own a Wii U, but I would love a tiny Jigglypuff toy for my desk.)

Who's ready for special editions of things that are already impossible to find?

Nx4PvFe.jpgk8QbWiS.jpg

Can you just paste some ears on a Kirby and pretend it's a Jigglypuff? I'm holding out hope that they'll someday have that sweet sweet Puff Amiibo someday. (I don't own a Wii U, but I would love a tiny Jigglypuff toy for my desk.)

The plan is to do every Smash character, so I imagine it's on it's way.

Managed to get to a Target at opening on Sunday and get a Rosalina. Also have Toon Link coming from Amazon soon. My collection now consists of Link, Toon Link, Rosalina, Captain Falcon, Samus, and Zelda.

Who's ready for special editions of things that are already impossible to find?

That was my reaction, yeah.

I'm guessing they'll be the final gold/platinum club nintendo rewards? Haaaaaaaaa.

Charizard comes in "spring 2015".

(They keep getting more and more vague with their dates!)

I had this stuck in my head for like three days.

10665439_580900098714051_396713743_n.jpg

I bought this pair of chumps.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

After a stern talk with myself, I've decided to get one or two per wave that I actually like. I had some hair-brained idea of getting them all, but after spending many hours on ebay and google and buses to distant Toys R Us' I realised I don't actually know who the fuck Ike is. I don't like Ike, I like the prestige of having him, which is BS.

So, consequently it's bye-bye to Little Mac, Pit and Wii Fit Trainer, and hello to these guys:

amiibo_zpsmjtrfker.jpeg

Toon Link and Mega Man next. And the hunt for Villager...

*back to ebay*  :blink:

Edit.

I've also been considering how Lego is going to get into the toys-to-life game. Throwing an NFC chip in a minifig is a no-brainer but thinking about the Minecraft-esque possibilities is pretty mind-bending.

i don't get what's happening but that tiny mcdonald's meal is cool