Sno

The terrible wallet scourge of the Amiibo.

I just bought the Peach one for $10. :(

This could be the beginning of something bad. Honestly, even owning like three seems dumb to me but I see it in my near future.

A South American retailer is listing a May 29th release date for Greninja, Jigglypuff, "Splatoon Boy," "Splatoon Girl," and "Splatoon plus amiibo Squid". Interesting.

I miraculously found Smash Bros. and it came with Mario... and just the other day I found Kirby at the normal price.

I'm tempted to get Toon Link, Mega Man and other, but I think I'll just pray for Peach, Rosalina and Zelda.

A part of me just wants to buy the ones that I see are back on sale for the normal price.

I would buy Jigglypuff and Mr. Game & Watch if they got one...  ;(

Can you just paste some ears on a Kirby and pretend it's a Jigglypuff? I'm holding out hope that they'll someday have that sweet sweet Puff Amiibo someday. (I don't own a Wii U, but I would love a tiny Jigglypuff toy for my desk.)

I have good news and bad news.

Oh noooooooooo

We do have a Target in town... I don't know how many other weirdos in Davis are interested in these Amiibos, but I bet they exist, so I don't know if I would even have a chance at one.

I'll have to sit and have a long think about how much this is worth to me.

interesting

I shop at target every friday for groceries and frequently look our (my store's) abysmal Amiibo selection - and have hardly seen any new SKU's in months.  Either our store doesn't change their stock or the product movement is poor.  I'd love a Jigglypuff - but i'd have to hide it under the bread so my wife doesnt know im buying another stupid toy

I think I last tried this trick when I was 8

I think what it is is that most stores have more than enough Marios, Luigis & Peaches, but the less common ones (mostly every wave since that first one) have sold out incredibly quickly. Like I was watching twitter when Rosalina was released and there was a line of people ready at Target when the doors open and they only had like 6 or 12 of those amiibos at all.

The Rosalina situation was made especially stupid by that one guy who bought up thousands of them specifically so that no one else could have them.

I wonder how Jigglypuff's gonna be handled in Canada, since Target's shutting down here.

Did anybody else catch the stories about the pre-order rush for Nintendo's newly announced slate of Amiibos crashing both Gamestop's website and in-store computer infrastructure?

This whole thing is just getting increasingly ridiculous, i wonder how long it'll be until the bottom falls out.

I do want one of those yarn Yoshi plushies though...

I was in a Gamestop when it happened. A friend at work was like "wanna go preorder some amiibos" and I was like "sure yeah it won't take long"

IT WON'T TAKE LONG

i was in there for an hour and a half

i was second in line

The Rosalina situation was made especially stupid by that one guy who bought up thousands of them specifically so that no one else could have them.

I wonder how Jigglypuff's gonna be handled in Canada, since Target's shutting down here.

What a nutter. His apparently genuine hatred for that character and her fans is bizarre. I mean I wouldn't say that I'm some Rosalina enthusiast, but she was a cute and nice character in Galaxy

And yes, those yarn Yoshi's are fabulous. In fact, how wonderful does this game look?

http://youtu.be/lUP11YLCYWg

I've reserved a Yarn Yoshi, because how could I not?! I might have to reserve some of those other new amiibos too. Goddamnit! Will this ever end?

Apparently a friend of mine has been buying a bunch of amiibos, but he was too ashamed about it and wouldn't tell us how many he had. He doesn't have a Wii U/Smash to actually use them with, so he sold me his Wii Fit Trainer amiibo yesterday (I think he has about 5-6 other ones). Now I have 3 amiibo, yay! Also have Inkling Girl amiibo on preorder. I think I've been keeping my amiibo purchases pretty well managed. That's what I tell myself.

I still don't have a Little Mac. ):

Or a Lucina or Robin or Greninja or Jigglypuff on preorder but I don't really care about those (at least, I want them, but unlike Ness or Little Mac or Villager I can live without 'em).

Yes I have all the rest except those (out of the Smash series, I'm not getting Everything outside of that).

I don't think Yarn Yoshi is up for preorder in America yet, but  I wanna get that for sure. The sky blue one. Adorbs. :3

Basically everything is sold out in terms of preorders already. It's ridiculous.

hi i spend too much money on this dumb shit

Agh, I couldn't decide which color to get so I just went with vanilla, boring green! You're making me want the blue one now, Twig. But I can't buy TWO?! That would be crazy!

Anyway, all three are adorable. They're Yarn Yoshi's, you can't pick a wrong one.

Who the bloody hell is Little Mac anyway?!

If I were to get the Yarn Yoshi — which I likely will if I actually see if anywhere — I'd probably go for blue or pink by virtue of the fact that I expect it'll affect the colour of the extra yoshi you get in the game, which I think will look nice.

Little Mac is the Punchout main character.

I only own four amiibo and I'm pretty cool with it. I'm not really very happy with the integration into Smash, considering you constantly have to scan and rescan the things to record the progress of your bots. It seems like it just takes entirely too long.

I still keep thinking about Jigglypuff, and wondering how feasible it is to go on Friday.

I'M WEAK AND I DID IT. I BOUGHT ONE. I LOVE YOU JIGGLYPUFF.