OssK

Twitter :)

I just followed you and under "similar accounts" it listed Chipotle UK. Is this an accurate assessment?

It's like they've known me all my life!

I believe I mentioned a taco, once, about two months ago. Mexican food terrifies me.

I have a very delicate constitution and had a memorable run-in with some tainted chili last year which scarred me. I can never forgive food which made me ill regardless of how delicious it may be, I've still never had another scotch pie since that one time my dad bought me one at an amateur football match in the 80s and I took one bite into a mouthful of grease and instantly vomited.

That's the thing that got Chris Grant in some trouble. Don't see the harm of autoblocking < 7 day accounts that tweet you, though.

If I used that all the time, I'd have autoblocked a couple of really good people I met at a games festival last week, who were only just setting up Twitter accounts as a result of that event. I'd probably use this if it had a time limit like a mail auto-responder, but then I'm not in a group that gets constantly harassed. I can totally see the utility of having it permanently in place for some people.

Fucking Tex-Mex, I love it! I will miss it if I move. Although I already miss it in having moved to Austin, in central Texas. It's all terrible here.

Can someone explain twitter to me? I'm starting to get intrigued about it, but I know nothing of how to use it/what it's for.

I'm also at a loss as to why people should care what I have to say when throwing it out into the internet void.

Can someone explain twitter to me? I'm starting to get intrigued about it, but I know nothing of how to use it/what it's for.

It's a great decentralization tool for news and opinions. You'll eventually craft a semi-sphere of bias, but it doesn't have to be the typical divisions that perspectives are usually gerrymandered into by centralized media. It feels very similar to growing a garden to me. Feel like you are only listening to video game people? Follow some K-pop fans and philosopers for a week, see if their input helps you see things more broadly. And don't be aftaid to unfollow them when they don't. You'll be surprised by how different your online experience becomes once you get an idiosyncratic collection.

I'm also at a loss as to why people should care what I have to say when throwing it out into the internet void.

It's not up to you whether or not other people enjoy your inanities. I just put mine out there and try not to worry to much about whether or not someone is interested. People are into all types of niche shit. You can't visualize the totality of taste.

I also think that Twitter is on the way out; I think you'd be getting on board the MySpace train just before Facebook opens up to non-college students.

For people with Android phones: what Twitter client do you use?  I've been using Twicca since TweetDeck went away but lately Twicca hasn't been doing very well.  I can't open gifs in the app and right now I'm having trouble even sending tweets.  I'd rather not use the official Twitter app because I don't want to get all the extra tweets or recommends or whatever other stuff they're going to throw at me.  Can anyone recommend a better one?

I used to use Plume and Tweedle. My wife used Plume until just recently so I know that one is still functional. I use the official app because I have just already gotten used to that dumb Twitter ad/mention stuff.

On Android I used Hootsuite for a while because I had a bunch of keyword searches that I liked to check obsessively. But now I just use the official app because you can read notifications easily, though the search is kind of bad.

I think Talon is the best Android one now Twicca and more recently Falcon Pro have been abandoned.

Is Tweetbot as good as it gets on iOS? I just bought an iPhone and like everything else there are way too many of them in the app store and the majority will be abysmal I'm sure. TweetMarker support is handy.

I'll second talon, it has a few things I don't care for, but on the whole it's really slick.
RIP falcon pro.
It's really sad that twitter decided to cripple third party clients, i get it from a purely business perspective but it's still shitty.

Lately I get a weird anxiety whenever I check my Twitter after a long period of time, like when I get home from work, and there's more than a couple of notifications waiting. I immediately go into this hyper-active thought process of, "Oh shit, oh fuck, what did I say and who did I offend falsely or legitimately oh god." Then it turns out everything is okay because one of my friends that does "watch me play video games stuff" mentioned me and people forget to take my name out when replying to him.

But not me. None of them like me. :(

I'm @applecidermage and I completely understand if people don't want to follow me on Twitter, mostly because I am a lot more sharp-tongued and ranty on Twitter than I am here. Expect maximum feminism.

Max Feminism is a great dumb action name for a ridiculous over the top action hero who fights the growing cult of Meninism.

Mallory Ortberg retweeted a silly dumb thing I said the other day and it made me feel really good, especially because I am A Boy.

I really like Mallory Ortberg, I did a drawing for her a couple weeks ago and she liked it so much that she contracted me to draw four more of them for an article she's writing.

I really like her too! The Toast is hysterical.

I was pretty nervous about tweeting her, I'll be honest. I've seen her go to town on some guys. Most of them 100% deserve it and are mansplaining jerkbags and I don't think I'm that or represent myself that way, but some of them seemed innocuous (to me). I guess I've never even thought about it much before, but my Twitter profile doesn't identify my gender except for me saying things about it directly.

Only a quarter of my Thumbs Forums twitter feed members have Manny Calavera avatars, I'm disappointed.