Sign in to follow this  
TychoCelchuuu

Destroy Remo's Life in One Easy Step

I don't get what's going on, I'm moving arrows randomly and getting a higher score... I think this game plays itself.

Sounds like someone hasn't been listening to the latest Idle Thumbs podcasts (on the Idle Thumbs podcast network - visit idlethumbs.net today!)!

Yeah I don't listen to the podcast anymore.

Also, I kind of get the game now, it's neat.

This is a good place to mention that a just recently found out that lerp was a thing, and now I think it's the unsung hero of games like these. Lerps are so visually pleasing to me.

For those who know even less than I, lerps are basically the reason the objects in games move from one place to another rather than just disappearing from the origin and reappearing at the destination. Think about how much better this game is because the tiles lerp instead of just appearing somewhere else.

No, you'd have to create a Spelunky-themed Threes clone to really destroy Remo's life.

EDIT: Wait, we have to cross Spelunky, Threes, and Zuma. He'll be putty in our hands.

No, you'd have to create a Spelunky-themed Threes clone to really destroy Remo's life.

EDIT: Wait, we have to cross Spelunky, Threes, and Zuma. He'll be putty in our hands.

Alternate Binding of Isaac and Spelunky levels, with Threes and Zuma minigames to get equipment/level up. 

At least "lerp" has meaning. I had a hard time finding much on "frob", but it looks like some sort of replacement word for "manipulate".

Jake, on 27 Mar 2014 - 21:54, said:

I hate the word lerp. Lerp and frob.

Yeah I just use the full term because goddamn

I take back my initial statement, since I was unaware of what this is that everyone seems to know. But going back to it off and on today, I really enjoy whatever is going on; at some point I just understood it would out thinking about it and was jamming away at it.

16560 is my current high score. I had an Olmec, an Anubis and a mummy, but I ran out of room as the board started filling up with cavemen and tiki men. It felt so close... I think I found the "correct" way to beat this game, but it's not 100% (or even 2%) foolproof.

Funny enough I have gotten a 1536 in threes, but using this corner strategy in 2048 doesn't seem to be paying off for me. If you like this kind of game and can play it, definitely go buy threes. It's honestly a much different game than 2048 is for a number of reasons, one of which is music and personality (even though I play with the sound off).

Funny enough I have gotten a 1536 in threes, but using this corner strategy in 2048 doesn't seem to be paying off for me. If you like this kind of game and can play it, definitely go buy threes. It's honestly a much different game than 2048 is for a number of reasons, one of which is music and personality (even though I play with the sound off).

This. Very this. I find Threes a lot more interesting to play, plus it's dripping with charm.